• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Tyrod Taylor win the starting job in Buffalo?

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think EJ Manuel is out of the race, so it's been Cassell and Taylor. Does Buffalo go with the old vet who's been bouncing around the league for a while now, or do they go the Seahawk route and go all-in on a rookie QB who is having a pretty good pre-season?

I'm in a keeper league and all the good QB's are already on rosters. I'm aiming towards Taylor, Mariota, or Winston in my draft. So far I think Taylor has the most upside. Good receivers, solid defense, just a better over all team than the other two. I just remain concerned that the Bills will stick with Cassell at least for the first few games.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so happy I don't have to watch Taylor in preseason anymore. Oh look...another scramble. We get it Tyrod...you can run.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Nothing I saw from Cassell or Manuel makes me think he won't.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rex ryan wanted him when he was with the jets, they nearly traded for him. hes loved ball joint since he was a raven.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Nothing I saw from Cassell or Manuel makes me think he won't.

That's my guess too. But some head coaches are hesitant to toss a new inexperienced QB to the wolves in the NFL regular season.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Manuel and Taylor played pretty well last night with backup receivers. It is more likely that this competition is still up in the air than decided at this point.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's my guess too. But some head coaches are hesitant to toss a new inexperienced QB to the wolves in the NFL regular season.

This is Rex Ryan we are talking about though. He doesn't go by the conventional wisdom always. He goes with his gut and my guess is Tyrod is the guy for them.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is Rex Ryan we are talking about though. He doesn't go by the conventional wisdom always. He goes with his gut and my guess is Tyrod is the guy for them.

I think you are right. So, if you had your pick between Taylor, Winston, or Mariota who'd you pick for a fantasy team?

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so happy I don't have to watch Taylor in preseason anymore. Oh look...another scramble. We get it Tyrod...you can run.

I thot he looked good. He had 2 nice passes to the sticks and moved the offense.

The weapons that "weren't" on the field and his ability to move the ball makes me think he will be manageable or may see some successes.

His ability to move and buy time against good front 7's in NE and Miami will buy him needed time; especially since NE has no secondary I see what Rex is thinking.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are right. So, if you had your pick between Taylor, Winston, or Mariota who'd you pick for a fantasy team?

That is a tough one. Weapons wise I like what Buffalo has with a decent OL, couple of really good WR's, one of the more dynamic RB's, and a TE in Clay that I thought was underutilized down in Miami. At the same time preseason where teams play so vanilla I just wonder what happens when things speed up. Plus he has a tendency to take off running way too quickly as I saw one play yesterday that his FB or RB went off into the flat during a blitz and had like 20 yards of open field in front of them and Taylor just took off running.

The other two though being rookies you are going to have the up and down weeks. I feel like Taylor maybe won't have the highs of the other two but he wont' have as many low weeks either. I would probably go with Taylor because of that. Throw in Taylor with his desire to take off running will most likely get a few rushing touchdowns this year for you.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a tough one. Weapons wise I like what Buffalo has with a decent OL, couple of really good WR's, one of the more dynamic RB's, and a TE in Clay that I thought was underutilized down in Miami. At the same time preseason where teams play so vanilla I just wonder what happens when things speed up. Plus he has a tendency to take off running way too quickly as I saw one play yesterday that his FB or RB went off into the flat during a blitz and had like 20 yards of open field in front of them and Taylor just took off running.

The other two though being rookies you are going to have the up and down weeks. I feel like Taylor maybe won't have the highs of the other two but he wont' have as many low weeks either. I would probably go with Taylor because of that. Throw in Taylor with his desire to take off running will most likely get a few rushing touchdowns this year for you.

I think that is where I'm leaning. I also have Russell Wilson so Taylor would be more of a back-up, flex, or bye-week guy anyway.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

suicide

As u stare down the barrel of the "galloping wing-nut" in Garropolo...lol...

Tyrod>Garropolo

Last edited:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that is where I'm leaning. I also have Russell Wilson so Taylor would be more of a back-up, flex, or bye-week guy anyway.

Ahh yeah that would be a good combination. He can definitely give you a good week. Just have to hope it is the same week as that of Wilson's bye week.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as u stare down the barrel of the "galloping wing-nut" in Garropolo...lol...

Tyrod>Garropolo
you have a weird thing for former ravens players.

love the jersey, not the meat.

jimmy did very well last year when called upon, hes just had a rough preseason.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you play multiple quarterbacks every week or have a very large number of owners in your league? That's the only way these can be your only options.