• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Tyrod Taylor win the starting job in Buffalo?

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thot he looked good. He had 2 nice passes to the sticks and moved the offense.

The weapons that "weren't" on the field and his ability to move the ball makes me think he will be manageable or may see some successes.

His ability to move and buy time against good front 7's in NE and Miami will buy him needed time; especially since NE has no secondary I see what Rex is thinking.

The QB situation in Buffalo is going to be a revolving door throughout the season. I'm taking Winston (with those WRs) and then Mariota all day over Tyrod. Tampa is also going to be playing from behind ALOT. Winston will have substantial garbage-time production. Mariota probably has the most upside though in a keeper league.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you have a weird thing for former ravens players.

love the jersey, not the meat.

jimmy did very well last year when called upon, hes just had a rough preseason.

I thot Jimmy looked ok but the timing was off...I wouldn't want him as Bmores starter but he should be fine for NE.

I wasn't a fan of Tyrods in Baltimore but he has looked good in the system in Buffalo.
He can move and he can throw and if he can limit the mistakes he will do well in the AFCE when adding in his weapons on offense.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The QB situation in Buffalo is going to be a revolving door throughout the season. I'm taking Winston (with those WRs) and then Mariota all day over Tyrod. Tampa is also going to be playing from behind ALOT. Winston will have substantial garbage-time production. Mariota probably has the most upside though in a keeper league.

But look at the weapons Tyrod has... Of the 3 with Watkins Clay and Shady McCoy the pressure is off him from r start if he can stay healthy.

Add hat Buffalos D can put him in good positions it's a good fit IMO.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are right. So, if you had your pick between Taylor, Winston, or Mariota who'd you pick for a fantasy team?

I'd quit the league.

None of those guys are even worth a roster spot unless it is a 32 team league or the rosters go 24+ deep.

If someone put a gun to my head and pick the QB between them that is going to have the best fantasy season I would go Mariota just over Winston.

Taylor would be last. Even if he wins the job out of training camp, he isn't going to keep the job for 16 games.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But look at the weapons Tyrod has... Of the 3 with Watkins Clay and Shady McCoy the pressure is off him from r start if he can stay healthy.

Add hat Buffalos D can put him in good positions it's a good fit IMO.

We're talking fantasy here. Buffalo's D will keep most of their games close and low-scoring. Buffalo will not let Tyrod lose games for them. IMHO...Winston is easily the best choice for 2015. Throwing to Mike Evans and Vincent Jackson when trailing by double digit points most of the time? Yes please.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you have a weird thing for former ravens players.

love the jersey, not the meat.

jimmy did very well last year when called upon, hes just had a rough preseason.

His best play came in a blow out loss to the Chiefs when they had already gone to deep zone prevent defense. Other than that nothing too special. The one time he played when the game was close he played exactly like he did in that first preseason game. Against Buffalo he gave up 3 sacks, only averaged 5.3 yards per attempt (that puts him something like 32nd in the league over an entire season), and had a terrible QBR for the game.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're talking fantasy here. Buffalo's D will keep most of their games close and low-scoring. Buffalo will not let Tyrod lose games for them. IMHO...Winston is easily the best choice for 2015. Throwing to Mike Evans and Vincent Jackson when trailing by double digit points most of the time? Yes please.

I think we are proving two different points here... Yes I agree Winston will have an advantage in throw away games.

I think Tyrod and Buffalo will win more.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His best play came in a blow out loss to the Chiefs when they had already gone to deep zone prevent defense. Other than that nothing too special. The one time he played when the game was close he played exactly like he did in that first preseason game. Against Buffalo he gave up 3 sacks, only averaged 5.3 yards per attempt (that puts him something like 32nd in the league over an entire season), and had a terrible QBR for the game.

yup. As I said... Rock says Suicide for Taylor but could have Garoppolo for 4 games?

lol...

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we are proving two different points here... Yes I agree Winston will have an advantage in throw away games.

I think Tyrod and Buffalo will win more.

Probably...but winning has nothing to do with fantasy football.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i know

i watched

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i know

i watched

So your idea of him playing well last year is finishing with stats that put him in the bottom-5 QB's in the league? Good to know what your standards for good QB play are.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is what I see for Taylor this year. I see him either having a season like Michael Vick had in his 2nd year with Philly where he really makes teams have to respect his game because of his ability to just take off and run for big chunks at a time or he is going to get himself hurt because he has such a desire to take off running so often.

Either way because of his desire to take off running and pick up those nice points fantasy football wise with his running that is why I like him better than the other two. It is not fully on his arm to go and produce. I know Mariota can run too but I just think his rookie year could be a rough one as he tries to learn how the NFL functions.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i know

i watched

Then how can u say it's "suicidal" to think of Marriotta or Taylor but in the same breath say

"He looked good last year" just not in pre-season?

He didn't look good last year and in preseason he has been off the mark huge. Is there talent? Yes. Does he give anyone any reason to believe it will be realized? Coin flip.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So your idea of him playing well last year is finishing with stats that put him in the bottom-5 QB's in the league? Good to know what your standards for good QB play are.

NE used the highest pick on a QB (since Belichick has been there) with JG. That guarantees he will be a "Rock" star.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably...but winning has nothing to do with fantasy football.

My bad. I came into he convo late and didn't pickup in that twist..yeah then we agree.

I was speaking to he OP and to what I think TT's chances of success are...

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NE used the highest pick on a QB (since Belichick has been there) with JG. That guarantees he will be a "Rock" star.

Haha I see what you did there. I think Garrappolo is decent as a QB but I just don't think he will be anything special if called upon this year for those 4 games. I think NE will find themselves hoping that their run game can produce and that the defense can play lights out winning some 17-14 type games until Brady gets back.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no, it was him playing well...vs prevent defenses and in mop up time.

you must have seen a different buffalo game than i did, jimmy played well. he had a couple of nice runs too.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd quit the league.

None of those guys are even worth a roster spot unless it is a 32 team league or the rosters go 24+ deep.

If someone put a gun to my head and pick the QB between them that is going to have the best fantasy season I would go Mariota just over Winston.

Taylor would be last. Even if he wins the job out of training camp, he isn't going to keep the job for 16 games.

lol. It's a 16 team league where most guys keep 1 or 2 QB's so the pickings get thin at the position pretty quick. I agree with you about Mariota over Winston, but I kind of think Taylor might be decent too. I'm pretty much always going to start Russell Wilson anyway so whoever I pick will only see time if Wilson is hurt or on a bye week.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no, it was him playing well...vs prevent defenses and in mop up time.

you must have seen a different buffalo game than i did, jimmy played well. he had a couple of nice runs too.

Ohh so your saying when the defense was giving him 15 yds With no coverage and he was hitting uncovered wrs in short routes he excelled.

Now I get it...

lol!!!

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohh so your saying when the defense was giving him 15 TFS to work with
buffalo was playing for their first win vs NE in like 12 years.

10-17 90 yards

4 carries for 16 (i think one was a 12 yard first down)

he took a few bad sacks. his biggest problem STILL is he holds the ball too long, but most rookies/young guys do.