• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Russell Wilson make a good owner?

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to like this ram29jackson guy. He has some funny and sometimes valid points.

Figures to thee i sneeze on.

index.php

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
=Doublejive;4586725]Figures to thee i sneeze on.

That's disgusting. You have a fucked up mind, my man. Anyhow, I also find it annoying that Wilson has to say "go Hawks" at the end of every sentence. We get it, Russ, you play for the Seahawks.:L

Don't bother telling me about Kaepernick. I already know he's an even bigger douchebag than Russy is.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's disgusting. You have a fucked up mind, my man. Anyhow, I also find it annoying that Wilson has to say "go Hawks" at the end of every sentence. We get it, Russ, you play for the Seahawks.:L

Don't bother telling me about Kaepernick. I already know he's an even bigger douchebag than Russy is.

69c022eea3.jpg

Ha ha gotcha Robo,nothing personal lol.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to like this ram29jackson guy. He has some funny and sometimes valid points.

its just sports talk with strangers. Saying the same stats/so and so is better because A is bigger than B is boring real fast. Gotta have fun and vary it up.
I know just as much as every other average sports fan and have won 2 bowl pools the last 3 years and my friends fantasy league 2 years in a row.

by the way..is that the picture of the guy who hasn't bathed basically his entire life or just some random dude ?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow this conversation derailed quickly. To the idea of Wilson becoming an owner. He has a long way to go for sure. Money wise there are very few players that can actually own a team. You have to think best case scenario playing wise Wilson makes $25 million for the next 10 or so years. And that is best Case. About half of that will go to taxes and other things like agents and such so you are looking at an actual haul of $125 million. The best players maybe make $10 million in endorsement deals unless you are just the very top like a Tiger woods so then that adds another $50 million after everything is taken out of it. So best case scenario for a football player is close to $200 million in actual cash. Yes then they can have some different investing and such that can help raise it depending on how well they do but I would think probably best Wilson could pay for about a 1/3 of a team. You have to think the value of NFL franchises is only going to go up so since they are around a billion dollars right now they might be up to $1.5 billion by the time he retires if not more. Throw in most likely he wouldn't even be able to try and own a franchise right after retiring as my guess is it would have to be another 20 or so years down the road.

So then he will have to go find investors that are willing to entrust him with maybe a billion dollars or their own money and let him run the franchise to make them money. Most likely he would have to buy one of the crappy teams to start off with.

This is all why very few actual players own teams. Wilson has the mind to do it but he is going to have to have a lot of things line up just perfectly for him to even have a chance at it.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow this conversation derailed quickly..

You think? I mean let's face it Trent Dilfer has a Super Bowl ring thanks to a great defense!

Maybe everyone should get of this kids jock until he actually does something that make's him an elite QB???

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think? I mean let's face it Trent Dilfer has a Super Bowl ring thanks to a great defense!

Maybe everyone should get of this kids jock until he actually does something that make's him an elite QB???

context-

I respect Dilfer more because he fought his butt off to get there. So far, this kid just caught a great wave and rode it in. Wilson is some form of quality but who knows what kind yet ?

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson was a better QB than Dilfer ever was before he won the SB last month. You guys drawing comparisons cannot possibly do it based on them as players, only the fact that they played and won with great defenses.

You know who else won with great defenses? Joe Montana, Troy Aikman, Tom Brady. But yeah, lets just keep bringing up that one guy that Wilson is far better than.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
context-

I respect Dilfer more because he fought his butt off to get there. So far, this kid just caught a great wave and rode it in. Wilson is some form of quality but who knows what kind yet ?

"context" You think repeating your favorite buzz word makes you sound smart?

Dilfer was a bust. The #1 pick in the 1994 draft the Bucs let him walk. Signed to back up :L Tony Banks , Dilfer became the starter for the Ravens. The Ravens won the SB then cut him? Damn you got to really stink to get cut after your team wins the SB and your the starting QB.

Yet you say you like him better then Russell Wilson? Who is in no danger of getting cut, went to the playoffs in his rookie year, then help win a Superbowl in his second year? You senile? Or do you have a agenda? My biggest worry about Russell Wilson is how much to resign him.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson was a better QB than Dilfer ever was before he won the SB last month. You guys drawing comparisons cannot possibly do it based on them as players, only the fact that they played and won with great defenses.

You know who else won with great defenses? Joe Montana, Troy Aikman, Tom Brady. But yeah, lets just keep bringing up that one guy that Wilson is far better than.

You fail to understand. Wilson probably wouldn't have made the cut 10 years ago. He isn't that good. He is just a guy lucky enough to play in a no contact era

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You fail to understand. Wilson probably wouldn't have made the cut 10 years ago. He isn't that good. He is just a guy lucky enough to play in a no contact era

I fully understand that you dont know what you're talking about. You dont need to keep proving it.

Trent Dilfer? LOL