• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Crabtree hit 1000 yards in 2012?

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah you know, thats what it is for me too. if ain't the posting, which is really ok, even good. it is just ruined with arrogance.

merry christmas Bem!

a pissing match is ok to an extent, we've ALL gone thru with just about EVERYONE else? but you can't "discuss" things well when someone is pissing 360?

Merry Christmas Deep

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here allow me to help you with your confusion - First, no one worth a fuck is comparing Crabtree to Rice only you are. Second, Jerry Rice with Alex Smith is much better than Michael Crabtree with Joe Montana - Got it?

Again, I never once compared ANYTHING with about the two. Go back nd re read, it was you guys that compared similar plays and layer styles.

You're correct that Smith/Rice would be better than Montana/Crabtree, though not much better. Smith would've held a player like Rice back. Montana trusted his receivers regardless of a defender being in the area.

woah woah woah, easy there tiger.

All I was saying was that the two Crabtree catches reminded me of some Jerry Rice TD catches. That's all.

I'm glad that Crabs is emerging as a productive wide receiver but in no way am I saying he should be compared to what Rice did. Especially since Rice played in a league where you can actually hit players coming across the middle

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what it's worth, I think Crabtree is playing at a Dwight Clark level

Jerry Rice-------

TO---------------

Dwight Clark------ Crabtree

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
woah woah woah, easy there tiger.

All I was saying was that the two Crabtree catches reminded me of some Jerry Rice TD catches. That's all.

I'm glad that Crabs is emerging as a productive wide receiver but in no way am I saying he should be compared to what Rice did. Especially since Rice played in a league where you can actually hit players coming across the middle

Not sure who you are "woah'ing", but your explanation here is precisely what I said in post #46.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure who you are "woah'ing", but your explanation here is precisely what I said in post #46.

Yes but to expand on it, what also made those plays similar are the skills shown by Crabs was what made Jerry special. The willingness to catch in traffic and separation after the catch.

What I think EK was saying was that in five games with a QB like Kaep, Crabs has shown flashes of that Jerry Rice greatness and maybe maxing out on that potential. I see no reason to make it any more than that.

Now, let him do that every game for 10+ seasons and then a comparison can begin.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but to expand on it, what also made those plays similar are the skills shown by Crabs was what made Jerry special. The willingness to catch in traffic and separation after the catch.

What I think EK was saying was that in five games with a QB like Kaep, Crabs has shown flashes of that Jerry Rice greatness and maybe maxing out on that potential. I see no reason to make it any more than that.

Now, let him do that every game for 10+ seasons and then a comparison can begin.

Yes, let's do that.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's exactly what I was saying.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at this from a defensive perspective, New England is his best chance for the big game he will need to accomplish this. Both Seattle and & Arizona are top five pass defending teams. But can/will they play like top-five pass defending teams considering the suspensions and having no reason to win?

Will Arizona lay down for us the way they laid down for Seattle? Will the loss of their two CB's open a window of opportunity in Seattle? I think both the opportunities and possibilities exist but will/can we take advantage of them - we'll see.

I'd give him a 50/50 chance but I will predict he ends up with 960-980

Step one - Complete.

Step two - Complete!

Crabtree watch:

Current total 933 yards - 67 yards to get 1000 yards! (Only ~1000 yards behind Calvin lol!)

mufasa76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Step two - Complete!

Crabtree watch:

Current total 933 yards - 67 yards to get 1000 yards! (Only ~1000 yards behind Calvin lol!)

lol

i bet he will get 67 yrds on sunday.....

1911Alaska

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope so, it be great to have a 1000 yard receiver. No way he was going to make the pro bowl though. To many top WRs in the nfc

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Crabs has a $ bonus in his contract if he hits the 1,000 yard mark which provides extra incentive for him to get those 67 yards on Sunday.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Holding the shit out of them" huh? I expect you will provide many examples of egregious and obvious but uncalled holding penalties on our receivers.

Take it away.

Not here to jump into your smelly pissing match, but I saw both teams get away with a few plays that should have been called penalties, except that Seattle's lucky no calls on both sides of the ball seemed more blatant.

por ejemplo:

1) The SF TD that never was: The long bomb to the endzone where the SF receiver got pushed hard right as he was about to attempt an easy over the shoulder catch for the TD, but could not even make an attempt to catch the ball because he was shoved off balance at the last second by a Seahawk defender.

2) Another play in the endzone, where a Seattle receiver near the left sideline grabbed a DB (Brown, I believe) and spun him around so he couldn't do anything about another Seahawks receiver that was crossing back toward the middle of the field behind Goldson(?), who had to cheat close to the LOS (and I think he got called for a flag) trying to protect against the underneath route. Seattle wound up with the TD.

I know I remember at least 3 plays where I thought an SF receiver was illegally held/interfered with, but those are the two plays that stand out in my mind without being able to go back and look at the tape.

....though I remember being irritated by that first TD run by Lynch cause I thought Okung(?) got a little grabby as he fell to the ground, yet held onto RJF's waist like a 3 year old who just met Mickey Mouse.

OH, and on the first bomb Kaep attempted to VD(?), I'm pretty sure I remember Harbaugh sprinting down the sidelines in a blind rage, yelling about PI (except the TV only showed Harby's reaction, not the play itself, so iono if it was a real penalty. I know that's not proof of a real penalty even if Iremember that correctly, but that kind of reaction is telling).

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AJ Jenkins is Rashaun Woods all over again. The quicker he's gone, the better.

You DO know that is not true, right?

We all like to say goofy shit sometimes, but you don't actually believe that crap, do you?

Crabtree, Manningham & VD > B-Leezy (Lloyd), C-Willy (Wilson), Curtis Conway & Eric Johnson. Hell, even Arnaz Battle was ahead of Woods on the depth chart.

Do you really think AJ Jenkins would sit behind the likes of Battle, a 100 year old Curtis Conway, and Cedrick "I don't know how clocks work" Wilson?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OH, and on the first bomb Kaep attempted to VD(?), I'm pretty sure I remember Harbaugh sprinting down the sidelines in a blind rage, yelling about PI (except the TV only showed Harby's reaction, not the play itself, so iono if it was a real penalty. I know that's not proof of a real penalty even if Iremember that correctly, but that kind of reaction is telling).

That reaction from Harbaugh? Nah, I've seen him react like that on ones he had lesser a case. The reaction told me nothing except that it was lobbied for and ignored by the refs. Watching again on DVR, told me it was a PI on a throw he might not have caught (dumb decision to interfere, but got away with it). I want to see what had Harbaugh foaming at the mouth in the Green Bay game.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not here to jump into your smelly pissing match, but I saw both teams get away with a few plays that should have been called penalties, except that Seattle's lucky no calls on both sides of the ball seemed more blatant.

por ejemplo:

1) The SF TD that never was: The long bomb to the endzone where the SF receiver got pushed hard right as he was about to attempt an easy over the shoulder catch for the TD, but could not even make an attempt to catch the ball because he was shoved off balance at the last second by a Seahawk defender.

2) Another play in the endzone, where a Seattle receiver near the left sideline grabbed a DB (Brown, I believe) and spun him around so he couldn't do anything about another Seahawks receiver that was crossing back toward the middle of the field behind Goldson(?), who had to cheat close to the LOS (and I think he got called for a flag) trying to protect against the underneath route. Seattle wound up with the TD.

I know I remember at least 3 plays where I thought an SF receiver was illegally held/interfered with, but those are the two plays that stand out in my mind without being able to go back and look at the tape.

....though I remember being irritated by that first TD run by Lynch cause I thought Okung(?) got a little grabby as he fell to the ground, yet held onto RJF's waist like a 3 year old who just met Mickey Mouse.

OH, and on the first bomb Kaep attempted to VD(?), I'm pretty sure I remember Harbaugh sprinting down the sidelines in a blind rage, yelling about PI (except the TV only showed Harby's reaction, not the play itself, so iono if it was a real penalty. I know that's not proof of a real penalty even if I remember that correctly, but that kind of reaction is telling).

Doob, the game Hell and I were discussing was the first Seattle match-up - these notes appear to be coming from the second game?

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doob, the game Hell and I were discussing was the first Seattle match-up - these notes appear to be coming from the second game?

..... well that's what I get for not paying attention to the full thread. My bad.