• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Crabtree hit 1000 yards in 2012?

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a crime, the way this team has failed to use VD. I just can't believe it.

You shouldn't say that, CK overthrew him twice today that would have been pretty big plays. The team didn't fail to use him, CK did today.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You shouldn't say that, CK overthrew him twice today that would have been pretty big plays. The team didn't fail to use him, CK did today.

I find it ironic how Alex could ONLY find VD, and Kaepernick blatantly can not.

EDIT: Not trying to start AS vs CK shenanigans, I'm just contrasting styles.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at this from a defensive perspective, New England is his best chance for the "big game" he will need to accomplish this. Both Seattle and & Arizona are top five pass defending teams. But can/will they play like top-five pass defending teams considering the suspensions and having no reason to win?

Will Arizona lay down for us the way they laid down for Seattle? Will the loss of their two CB's open a window of opportunity in Seattle? I think both the opportunities and possibilities exist but will/can we take advantage of them - we'll see.

I'd give him a 50/50 chance but I will predict he ends up with 960-980

Step one - Complete.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought Davis could have put out a better effort on the deep shot Kap gave him.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Alex and Crabtree had some good chemistry too. Walker as well.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Davis could have put out a better effort on the deep shot Kap gave him.

well the field was wet, i could see timing being off for a number of reasons. but at least we seen a couple shots down the field to vernon.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im sick of VD not getting enough balls, he needs to get the ball a lot more

1911Alaska

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Crabtree now has a pretty good shot at 1000 yards, and yeah VD needs the ball more. He is a fan favorite and is always exciting when he gets it. But as long as we are winning I am happy

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if its 1on1 coverage to moss or vernon, the ball needs to go to them.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crabtree is really becoming the player they thought he would be. He looks strong out there. he has impressed me this year.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
felt he'd break 2-3 because of his previously good RAC efforts. as such, that would take him over 1,000 yards for the season. last night he got one of them, granted he didn't have to break a tackle.

he probably just needs one more 'break' in the two remaining games?

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know whats crazy. That comment that Harbaugh said that Crabs has the best hands he has ever seen. I think it might be true. Crabs made some catches last night that most WRs would have dropped especially with a wet ball.

Also when you think about it that comment could have been true because if he was talking bout as a coach he hasn't been around any great WRs at least to my knowledge.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know whats crazy. That comment that Harbaugh said that Crabs has the best hands he has ever seen. I think it might be true. Crabs made some catches last night that most WRs would have dropped especially with a wet ball.

Also when you think about it that comment could have been true because if he was talking bout as a coach he hasn't been around any great WRs at least to my knowledge.

Although I think Crabs' hands is up there I think this is more like coachspeak for pimping up his guy.

"best hands I've ever seen"
"Alex is elite"

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the lofting pass suits VD better, he can adjust (and then jump) to catch Alex's pass.

Kaep gives Crabs a better chance to break off the guy defending him. With Alex the defense has more time to close in after the catch. Crabs in space is a YAC monster.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the lofting pass suits VD better, he can adjust (and then jump) to catch Alex's pass.

Kaep gives Crabs a better chance to break off the guy defending him. With Alex the defense has more time to close in after the catch. Crabs in space is a YAC monster.

Word. Kaep looks like he is from the Elway school of QBs, where the QB throws darts to his receivers. Unfortunately, Kaep's style exacerbates VD's original weakness when he came out of college, re: hands.

At the same time, Kaep can loft the ball, but those are the passes that have seemed to be less accurate since he took over as starting QB. As VD said after the Pats game, they have to get used to each other.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word. Kaep looks like he is from the Elway school of QBs, where the QB throws darts to his receivers. Unfortunately, Kaep's style exacerbates VD's original weakness when he came out of college, re: hands.

At the same time, Kaep can loft the ball, but those are the passes that have seemed to be less accurate since he took over as starting QB. As VD said after the Pats game, they have to get used to each other.

Imagine when Kaep adds accuracy on that floating pass.. :D

There were a couple of plays where Randy Moss was letting the kid know to elevate the ball, too. It's a learning process but I really like this explosive-type offense heading into the playoffs