• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Crabtree hit 1000 yards in 2012?

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it blasphemous to say that on both td catches, Crabtree remind me of Rice?

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldnt say its blasphemous because he displayed the same type of determination

Yes but comparing him to the Goat.. :)

The first one reminded me a little of rice vs raiders to break the record.

The second was like the Super Bowl vs the broncos and rice spun free of the defender and raced to the end zone (actually he did this many times)

Rice had this ability of just having enough speed to get to the endzone with a defender at his heels. He was never a burner but did enough to almost get caught, like Crabs did on #2

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The second was like the Super Bowl vs the broncos and rice spun free of the defender and raced to the end zone (actually he did this many times)

Rice had this ability of just having enough speed to get to the endzone with a defender at his heels. He was never a burner but did enough to almost get caught, like Crabs did on #2

some can not grasp the power of ones will to accomplish something. your mind set and heart, are those tangibles that cant be measured

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The "plays" were similar - the "players" are not.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "plays" were similar - the "players" are not.

Smith vs Montana/Young could have a lot to do with part of it as well.

All of the sudden there is a qb change and there are Crabtree/Rice comparisons, whether you say plays or players.

Two pennies!

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith vs Montana/Young could have a lot to do with part of it as well.

All of the sudden there is a qb change and there are Crabtree/Rice comparisons, whether you say plays or players.

Two pennies!

Smith vs Montana/Young have 100% of nothing to do with it but feel free to believe otherwise.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith vs Montana/Young have 100% of nothing to do with it but feel free to believe otherwise.

If Rice had Alex Smith throwing to him for his first 4 seasons do you think he would've ever been on pace to become the greatest?

Think about it.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Rice had Alex Smith throwing to him for his first 4 seasons do you think he would've ever been on pace to become the greatest?

Think about it.

I thought about it - Michael Crabtree is as good as Jerry Rice to no one but you - enjoy the fantasy.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought about it - Michael Crabtree is as good as Jerry Rice to no one but you - enjoy the fantasy.

Don't put words in my mouth, I'm not the one that compared the two. I just made the observation that with a qb change there are people all of the sudden comparing Crabtree and Rice, YOU compared their plays, the other guy compared the players. That's a fact, not fantasy!

I watched Rice play live and would never compare the two, You and another compared the two in terms of "plays" and "players".

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't put words in my mouth, I'm not the one that compared the two. I just made the observation that with a qb change there are people all of the sudden comparing Crabtree and Rice, YOU compared their plays, the other guy compared the players. That's a fact, not fantasy!

I watched Rice play live and would never compare the two, You and another compared the two in terms of "plays" and "players".

Here allow me to help you with your confusion - First, no one worth a fuck is comparing Crabtree to Rice only you are. Second, Jerry Rice with Alex Smith is much better than Michael Crabtree with Joe Montana - Got it?

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here allow me to help you with your confusion - First, no one worth a fuck is comparing Crabtree to Rice only you are. Second, Jerry Rice with Alex Smith is much better than Michael Crabtree with Joe Montana - Got it?

Again, I never once compared ANYTHING with about the two. Go back nd re read, it was you guys that compared similar plays and layer styles.

You're correct that Smith/Rice would be better than Montana/Crabtree, though not much better. Smith would've held a player like Rice back. Montana trusted his receivers regardless of a defender being in the area.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Think about it.

That isn't fair. Such things are not comparable. Jerry Rice had to find his place in a 2-time winning Super Bowl offense created by a HOF genius; Bill Walsh. Which was QB'd by the G.O.A.T. Joe Montana.

Crabtree was drafted by Singletary, who viewed the passing game as an unwelcome necessity to keep things going when his broadcasted 1st and 2nd down rushes couldn't convert.

I've said it so many times, but it wasn't just Alex Smith that suffered under Nolan and Singletary. I mostly meant VD when I said it before, but I've now realized Crabtree suffered too.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here let's try this a different way. Take Crabtree vs. Rice compare them straight up - with NO QB! Which one is the better WR?

Now, REGARDLESS of who the QB is, your answer remains the same.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here let's try this a different way. Take Crabtree vs. Rice compare them straight up - with NO QB! Which one is the better WR?

Now, REGARDLESS of who the QB is, your answer remains the same.

Well, if those are your constraints... I choose lime Jell-o!

nom nom nom

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I changed my mind after seeing his performance in New England. He'll get to 1,000.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Think about it.

having rice would have helped smith

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That isn't fair. Such things are not comparable. Jerry Rice had to find his place in a 2-time winning Super Bowl offense created by a HOF genius; Bill Walsh. Which was QB'd by the G.O.A.T. Joe Montana.

Crabtree was drafted by Singletary, who viewed the passing game as an unwelcome necessity to keep things going when his broadcasted 1st and 2nd down rushes couldn't convert.

I've said it so many times, but it wasn't just Alex Smith that suffered under Nolan and Singletary. I mostly meant VD when I said it before, but I've now realized Crabtree suffered too.

crabtree suffered by bitching about money and being injured. i don't think he's anywhere near rice. rice was an amazing route runner. crabtree is doing the things he did at texas tech which is getting yac. i wouldn't even compare crabtree to taylor.