• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Crabtree hit 1000 yards in 2012?

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
..... well that's what I get for not paying attention to the full thread. My bad.

Bong on my brother - Bong on!

fwiw, you are correct about the PI on the first deep pass, which was to Manningham

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
1,000 yards!

was pretty sure he'd do it........when this question was first posted.

Cowboys1797

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see this happen for him as I am a huge fan of this guy. Sky is the limit if he stays healthy & doesn't go back to acting like a Diva.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
he's securing the ball better than before. he used to have it really away from his body.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Step two - Complete!

Crabtree watch:

Current total 933 yards - 67 yards to get 1000 yards! (Only ~1000 yards behind Calvin lol!)

Step Three REALLY Complete!!

Crabtree shows up in 2012!!

85 catches for 1105 yards for a 13 YPC average - ALL CAREER HIGHS!!!

WAY TO GO MICHAEL CRABTREE!!

(now, bring that shit into the playoffs please.)

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually got a prediction right.

But honestly I'm just glad we got the 2nd seed.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
MICHAEL CRABTREE, he is who I thought he was! We changed QBs and put in Kaep, and we let him of the hook!

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MICHAEL CRABTREE, he is who I thought he was! We changed QBs and put in Kaep, and we let him of the hook!

I was looking at that the other day, if you look at Crabs numbers in 8 games with Smith this year they were pretty much on pace to get him 800 yards. With the now 7 games with CK... Crabtree completely blew it up.

Just too bad that the cost of getting Crabtree to contribute apparently is losing VD's contribution. Hopefully CK and VD fix that next year, that'll be awesome if this passing offense can get Crabs and VD shining.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was looking at that the other day, if you look at Crabs numbers in 8 games with Smith this year they were pretty much on pace to get him 800 yards. With the now 7 games with CK... Crabtree completely blew it up.

Just too bad that the cost of getting Crabtree to contribute apparently is losing VD's contribution. Hopefully CK and VD fix that next year, that'll be awesome if this passing offense can get Crabs and VD shining.

VD likes fades, where Crabs likes darts (imo). Darts lead to a more sustainable offense that moves chains, but VD with his jumping shit leads to hits like the one from Chancellor.

Last edited by a moderator:

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vd likes fades, where Crabs likes darts (imo). Darts lead to a more sustainable offense that moves chains, but VD with his jumping shit leads to hits like the one from Chancellor.

I don't remember seeing VD again after the hit early in the game by Adrian Wilson. Is VD okay?

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vd likes fades, where Crabs likes darts (imo). Darts lead to a more sustainable offense that moves chains, but VD with his jumping shit leads to hits like the one from Chancellor.

Yeah, soooo many people have said that in all the gameday threads here and on ESPN. That jumping shit was really going to get VD hurt one day.

Pretty good point too, VD likes the floater fades and Crabtree excels with the darts. Hopefully with more time CK can adapt his game to bring VD back into the offense. There is really no reason why a few times a year both of those guys should have 100 yards and a TD or two in the same game.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Mannnnn....we need another potent receiver opposite of Crabtree. If/when we part ways with Alex Smith, I would like Baalke and Harb to take a real look at Dwayne Bowe. Bowe is a bit overrated (very inconsistent) but he is enough of a threat to allow our offense to take that next step into evolution.

Crabs/Bowe/Manningham/Davis...Kaep would have to make the probowl (nothing less). Today is the first day I have thought of Bowe, I really did not give a rat's a$$ about him prior to today. But after witnessing what I saw today, fellas, I think we have a problem. Prior to the concussion, Vernon Davis and Kaep were starting to get in synch (to some extent). I think this extra week will further enhance their timing/chemistry.

I thought Culliver was my 2nd biggest fear after Justin Smith's status, but Cully is only my 3rd biggest fear going into the playoffs. Our lack of WR depth (in terms of a legitimate consistent threat opposite of Crabs) could be our 2nd biggest concern behind Justin Smith's situation.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mannnnn....we need another potent receiver opposite of Crabtree. If/when we part ways with Alex Smith, I would like Baalke and Harb to take a real look at Dwayne Bowe. Bowe is a bit overrated (very inconsistent) but he is enough of a threat to allow our offense to take that next step into evolution.

Crabs/Bowe/Manningham/Davis...Kaep would have to make the probowl (nothing less). Today is the first day I have thought of Bowe, I really did not give a rat's a$$ about him prior to today. But after witnessing what I saw today, fellas, I think we have a problem. Prior to the concussion, Vernon Davis and Kaep were starting to get in synch (to some extent). I think this extra week will further enhance their timing/chemistry.

I thought Culliver was my 2nd biggest fear after Justin Smith's status, but Cully is only my 3rd biggest fear going into the playoffs. Our lack of WR depth (in terms of a legitimate consistent threat opposite of Crabs) could be our 2nd biggest concern behind Justin Smith's situation.

True, Moss has done a great job at being a distraction in coverage and opening things up for Crabtree... but it would be nice to add a guy like Bowe who can still do that while actually adding a statistical presence too. I still really like what Moss brings to the team, I just wish he'd do more.

Doesn't seem like Jenkins is going to add much, so that really sucks that they lost Mario. Its weird cause at the end of the preseason Jenkins was sort of intriguing, but now he is just another Ted Ginn... speedy but stonehands.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good and bad from San Francisco 49ers' clincher

"....[Crabtree] was easily the best offensive player on the field Sunday. He made a sweet one-handed grab, excelled at yards after catch (as usual) and threw both footballs into the stands after his two TDs. The league will fine Crabtree for that. But the fans deserved those balls after having to sit through the lousy first quarter and a half."

I fucking knew that would happen as I watched the game, and it is a god damned bullshit rule by the league.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, Moss has done a great job at being a distraction in coverage and opening things up for Crabtree... but it would be nice to add a guy like Bowe who can still do that while actually adding a statistical presence too. I still really like what Moss brings to the team, I just wish he'd do more.

Doesn't seem like Jenkins is going to add much, so that really sucks that they lost Mario. Its weird cause at the end of the preseason Jenkins was sort of intriguing, but now he is just another Ted Ginn... speedy but stonehands.

Jenkins had his flashes of brilliance in the preseason, but the dropped pass is a quandary because it showed a lack of concentration from someone who apparently had some of the best hands from WR's in this past year's draft.

Hopefully the bye will allow him to get a better grasp of the playbook because he looked lost out there at times (i.e. where to line up, etc).

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, soooo many people have said that in all the gameday threads here and on ESPN. That jumping shit was really going to get VD hurt one day.

Pretty good point too, VD likes the floater fades and Crabtree excels with the darts. Hopefully with more time CK can adapt his game to bring VD back into the offense. There is really no reason why a few times a year both of those guys should have 100 yards and a TD or two in the same game.

We should put Smith in for the floater fades and Kaep for the darts, just like we should put Smith in for short passes and Kaep for deep. Put Smith in for the red zone and Kaep in for third down. (Referring to Sando's article comparing the QBs) We'd be unstoppable! ;)

Just in case the ;) didn't tell you, I am only kidding.