• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Crabtree hit 1000 yards in 2012?

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crabs finally looks like a true #1 WR. It took a little longer than expected with injuries, QB and OC issues, etc.- but he's finally there.

I think he'll just get over the 1,0000 mark late in the AZ game. If the refs let the Sherman hold the shit out of him like he and the other DB's were doing last time- it may be difficult to do much in the Seattle game this Sunday.

Selfishly, I want Sherman to lose his appeal Friday with a quick decision and miss the 49er game.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crabs finally looks like a true #1 WR. It took a little longer than expected with injuries, QB and OC issues, etc.- but he's finally there.

I think he'll just get over the 1,0000 mark late in the AZ game. If the refs let the Sherman hold the shit out of him like he and the other DB's were doing last time- it may be difficult to do much in the Seattle game this Sunday.

Selfishly, I want Sherman to lose his appeal Friday with a quick decision and miss the 49er game.

I'm sure it is just about one's personal definition of what a #1 WR looks like but Crabtree doesn't look like a [league] #1 WR at all. He is becoming/became a solid #2 WR this year.

As for Crabtree and our other receivers being held by the Seattle defenders - that never happened. I suggest watching the game more than once and paying little to no attention to idiot announcers and emotional responses during press conferences.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure it is just about one's personal definition of what a #1 WR looks like but Crabtree doesn't look like a [league] #1 WR at all. He is becoming/became a solid #2 WR this year.

As for Crabtree and our other receivers being held by the Seattle defenders - that never happened. I suggest watching the game more than once and paying little to no attention to idiot announcers and emotional responses during press conferences.

Hmmm. His play of late has me on the fence on this one. I'm very impressed with his improvement.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm. His play of late has me on the fence on this one. I'm very impressed with his improvement.

During his past three games, Crabtree has picked up the slack nicely for Kyle and while his YPC are the virtually the same as last year, his other improvements are noteable (fewer dropped passes, more YAC's, more 1st Dn's, more TD's).

I just don't see the dominate, beat-double-coverage, stretch-the-field, take-over-a-game, explosive traits generally associated with a league #1 WR.

I think he is becoming or has become an excellent possession move-the-chains WR; which, in our offense, is exactly what we need.

Last edited by a moderator:

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While we don't necessarily need a stud like Megatron, am I the only one that yearns for one? I realize that we have AJ Jenkins and have to see what he brings to the table, maybe he can be an excellent complement to Crabby but it sure would be nice to have the next AJ Green instead. ;)

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While we don't necessarily need a stud like Megatron, am I the only one that yearns for one? I realize that we have AJ Jenkins and have to see what he brings to the table, maybe he can be an excellent complement to Crabby but it sure would be nice to have the next AJ Green instead. ;)

Ditto

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks for your suggestion. Never happened eh? Perhaps you should get your eyes checked then....

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for your suggestion. Never happened eh? Perhaps you should get your eyes checked then....

Please feel free to provide me a half-dozen or so specific plays and I'll check it out for you - if you can't provide specific verifiable evidence to support your claim - then perhaps you should stfu!

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please feel free to provide me a half-dozen or so specific plays and I'll check it out for you - if you can't provide specific verifiable evidence to support your claim - then perhaps you should stfu!

I'd love to go over the game tape with you sometime. When are you available? Your arrogance gets pretty annoying and you need to be talked back down to earth at times. Not going to get in a pissing match with you, because I know you love it.

Illegal contact and/or defensive holding by the Seahawk secondary occurred several times during the Seahawks/49ers game earlier this season. I'm not the only person who saw it-that's for certain. If the referees allow our secondary to do the same to the Seahawks on Sunday then that's fine. It still doesn't mean that it isn't a penalty.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During his past three games, Crabtree has picked up the slack nicely for Kyle and while his YPC are the virtually the same as last year, his other improvements are noteable (fewer dropped passes, more YAC's, more 1st Dn's, more TD's).

I just don't see the dominate, beat-double-coverage, stretch-the-field, take-over-a-game, explosive traits generally associated with a league #1 WR.

I think he is becoming or has become an excellent possession move-the-chains WR; which, in our offense, is exactly what we need.

Seems he's playing with more fire and determination this year as well. He's reminding me of Dwight Clark now. I guess it depends on one's definition of a #1 but I know he'd be the best receiver on a number of NFL teams including some real good ones like the Pats, Broncos, Colts, Redskins, Seahawks and Vikings.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

AJ Jenkins is Rashaun Woods all over again. The quicker he's gone, the better.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to go over the game tape with you sometime. When are you available? Your arrogance gets pretty annoying and you need to be talked back down to earth at times. Not going to get in a pissing match with you, because I know you love it.

Illegal contact and/or defensive holding by the Seahawk secondary occurred several times during the Seahawks/49ers game earlier this season. I'm not the only person who saw it-that's for certain. If the referees allow our secondary to do the same to the Seahawks on Sunday then that's fine. It still doesn't mean that it isn't a penalty.

And just as my arrogance annoys you - your incompetence annoys me - so we'll call it even. For the record I don't love pissing matches - I can't stand them, but if you're going throw the first punch then I see no reason not to launch a missile up your ass - Do you?

Your claim is that: "...the refs let the Sherman hold the shit out of [Crabtree] like he and the other DB's were doing..."

"Holding the shit out of them" huh? I expect you will provide many examples of egregious and obvious but uncalled holding penalties on our receivers.

Take it away.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems he's playing with more fire and determination this year as well. He's reminding me of Dwight Clark now. I guess it depends on one's definition of a #1 but I know he'd be the best receiver on a number of NFL teams including some real good ones like the Pats, Broncos, Colts, Redskins, Seahawks and Vikings.

I agree with the fire & determination comment. The Clark comparison is intriguing; I'll have to watch some old tapes and compare. One think I do know is that Clark was a master routesman with incredible hands; and he could get separation on just about anyone. While Crabtree's hands have improved this year he can still struggle gaining separation at times.

For me, and perhaps I'm being overly trepid with Crabtree, I think Crabtree may be pulling into the parking-lot, but I'm not ready to say he has arrived - yet.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And just as my arrogance annoys you - your incompetence annoys me - so we'll call it even. For the record I don't love pissing matches - I can't stand them, but if you're going throw the first punch then I see no reason not to launch a missile up your ass - Do you?

Your claim is that: "...the refs let the Sherman hold the shit out of [Crabtree] like he and the other DB's were doing..."

"Holding the shit out of them" huh? I expect you will provide many examples of egregious and obvious but uncalled holding penalties on our receivers.

Take it away.

Quite the "missile" up my ass there. You really blew me up. Happy to to watch the tape with you when you have the time (seems like you have plenty of it, so that shouldn't be a problem).

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite the "missile" up my ass there. You really blew me up. Happy to to watch the tape with you when you have the time (seems like you have plenty of it, so that shouldn't be a problem).

I see you talking - but not producing. How about you reverse that trend.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see you talking - but not producing. How about you reverse that trend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_Dogg (http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/san-francisco-49ers/82546-defensive-holding.html)
No shit, he kept saying they were doing a great job and that they can do that inside 5 yards. HELLO MAYOCK, the fucking holding was taking place still AFTER 5 yards. It was obvious in the replays he was describing. He was really off his game last night. Had me pissed off a majority of the time.

??

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

yeah you know, thats what it is for me too. if ain't the posting, which is really ok, even good. it is just ruined with arrogance.

merry christmas Bem!

a pissing match is ok to an extent, we've ALL gone thru with just about EVERYONE else? but you can't "discuss" things well when someone is pissing 360?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ha ha ha! Damn, man, what's gotten into you today?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the fire & determination comment. The Clark comparison is intriguing; I'll have to watch some old tapes and compare. One think I do know is that Clark was a master routesman with incredible hands; and he could get separation on just about anyone. While Crabtree's hands have improved this year he can still struggle gaining separation at times.

For me, and perhaps I'm being overly trepid with Crabtree, I think Crabtree may be pulling into the parking-lot, but I'm not ready to say he has arrived - yet.

I was thinking more about using his body to shield the ball away from the defender and the ability to get YAC and not going down without a fight with my comparison to Clark.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray_Dogg (http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/san-francisco-49ers/82546-defensive-holding.html)

No shit, he kept saying they were doing a great job and that they can do that inside 5 yards. HELLO MAYOCK, the fucking holding was taking place still AFTER 5 yards. It was obvious in the replays he was describing. He was really off his game last night. Had me pissed off a majority of the time.

??

Seriously?!? That is what you came up with?? Wow, yeah I feelin the earth alright - LMAO!!!

My "This!" was in reference to Mayock being an idiot during the game - which he was.

Here is my comment about the Seattle’s DB's following film study.

1) Seattle's DB's were fine - They played press on less than 1/2 of Smith's 23 attempts and most of the time in trail-tech. There were a total of 3 maybe 4 bump-n-covers and many of Smiths passes were thrown quickly which makes WR's fair game for DB's often times while still in their stem.

I saw one maybe two plays where a call might have been made. The rest of the time there was rarely a defender around any receiver at the time of the pass.

I know what was said by Cosell, Harbaugh and various members of the media. I don't get caught up in that echo chamber traffic generating bullshit - I watch the games multiple times and certain plays dozens of times.

As I said - you're doing a lot of talking but producing nothing.