• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Wildcard weekend

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You always had the feeling that the Chargers could do the highly improbable and blow this one. The probability calculation didn't take into account the Chargers' penchant for close games.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles will be the toughest team the 49ers have played all year. Eagles are a better all around team. The 49ers had a soft schedule. They played in a really bad division and also played the NFC South which might have been the worst division in the league. Eagles played in the best division in the league.

Eagles backed into the playoffs? They were the first team to secure a playoff spot! They ended the season with the best record in the league. They own the #1 seed in the NFC. They backed into the playoffs?
Yes. they backed in. You clearly don't know what that means. lost 2 in a row and barely beat a giants team playing their reserves. That is the definition of backing in. They are lucky to have the 1 seed. The Niners are the better all-around team. But keep drinking the cool-aid. When the eagles get bounced, you will disappear.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You talking about a soft schedule, hilarious. You're signature win outside your division is beating Kirk Cousin and the Jags early in the season.
toward the end...the eagles looked, suspect. Leave RTK alone. He is enjoying his coolaid. .

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Too early to talk about a 9ers v Eagles matchup anyways since both teams could very easily lose next week.

And it's pointless to look at schedules since anything the 9ers did prior to Purdy and CMC being the in the lineup isn't going to give you an accurate indication on where they currently stand. I mean since Purdy took the helm the 9ers have only scored under 30 points once and that was a Thursday night game where Purdy was banged up and they still got 21. So they are clearly better offensively with Purdy than Jimmy G so looking at the games Jimmy G played you won't gain much from them.

Now if there was a 9ers v Eagles matchup I'd be inclined to give the Eagles a slight edge but I'd have to wait and see how either team did in the divisional round next week before deciding on that one.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too early to talk about a 9ers v Eagles matchup anyways since both teams could very easily lose next week.

And it's pointless to look at schedules since anything the 9ers did prior to Purdy and CMC being the in the lineup isn't going to give you an accurate indication on where they currently stand. I mean since Purdy took the helm the 9ers have only scored under 30 points once and that was a Thursday night game where Purdy was banged up and they still got 21. So they are clearly better offensively with Purdy than Jimmy G so looking at the games Jimmy G played you won't gain much from them.

Now if there was a 9ers v Eagles matchup I'd be inclined to give the Eagles a slight edge but I'd have to wait and see how either team did in the divisional round next week before deciding on that one.
AS usual @Jikkle has the most reasonable take on here. Until we see how the divisional rd goes, we honestly don't know a thing. If both teams get through that round and win, some questions will be answered. For example, who looks healthier at the end of it. Whether Eagles fanboy RTK wants to admit it or not, Hurts is still a little banged up. Even admitted he played through a considerable amount of pain week 18 to secure that #1 seed. Lane Johnson's health. Abdominal tears effect a linemans core strength and ability to move. The bye week very well might have gotten these guys back to full (or close to) health and it may not be a factor. But let's see how they play vs whoever comes in. Whether that's the Giants, Bucs or Cowboys and how that game goes. Hurts takes a hit the wrong way and that shoulder could be reaggrevated. Now if both teams look good and win handily and all things being equal on the health front, I would give the Eagles a very slight edge only because of HFA.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
congrat jag fans wherever u r Chargers do their usual choke job

on to today
2 games should be blowouts due to injury mia/buf andbal/cin but its the nfl and anything can happen
1 game should be a good one nyg/min but see above^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^:suds:

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck, I went to bed at 24-0 thinking TL was just giving the game to the Chargers. I fully expected the Chargers to find a way to snatch defeat from victory but holy shit, what a total choke job. This is almost as bad as Oilers at Bills in 93 (92 season). TL gifts them 4 ints in the first half and yet the kid shakes it off to rally them back. Credit to the Jags but just wow Chargers.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as the great dale earnhart told jeff gordon once
if they aint booing u aint winning:suds:
Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody wants to see the guys at the top get knocked off. It's human nature. GL to your boys though. I don't hate them but will be cheering for the Bengals, Bills, Jags to beat Mahomie and his crew. :suds:
Lol fair enough. As a long time Chiefs fan though (since '67) this franchise has gone through some horribly tough times. So you'll have to forgive a fella for rooting for them to stay in the upper echelon for a decade or two longer...:heh:

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 290,000.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
congrat jag fans wherever u r Chargers do their usual choke job

on to today
2 games should be blowouts due to injury mia/buf andbal/cin but its the nfl and anything can happen
1 game should be a good one nyg/min but see above^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^:suds:
Yeah, watch the Giants game be the blowout and the other two be nailbiters

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol fair enough. As a long time Chiefs fan though (since '67) this franchise has gone through some horribly tough times. So you'll have to forgive a fella for rooting for them to stay in the upper echelon for a decade or two longer...:heh:
Don't blame you buddy. Enjoy it while you can. Reid and Mahomes will keep you guys up there for awhile. Cheers buddy.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too early to talk about a 9ers v Eagles matchup anyways since both teams could very easily lose next week
There he is, a sensible NFL football fan without his teams pom poms.

Thank you for your post. The niners are clearly the team to beat, but they still aren't there just yet.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Chargers became the first playoff team in history to lose despite having a turnover differential of 5 or more. Teams with that diff were 26-0 before last night. That really took some creative choking, didn't it?

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is there a playoff game Monday night?

The winner will have one day less rest before the next game.