• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Wildcard Round! LA Rams @ Seattle Seahawks - 1:40 PST

Who ya got?

• Rams

Votes: 15 50.0%
  • Seahawks

Votes: 15 50.0%

• Total voters

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t vote but I thought the Rams would win

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same shit from this team all year long. Won games and got to the playoffs, but almost all of them had to be done late in the 4th. And eventually your luck runs out with that strategy if your in a win or season over situation.

While we're all happy the NFL was able to pull off a full season of football with Covid happening, it was extremely difficult as Seahawks fans to deal with their "we going to always wait till halfway through the 4th to figure out if we can win a game or not" and the issues with pass rush and the defensive performances this year.

They got work to do this off season.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ is an awesome qb. But he keeps having insane halves of seasons.....

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell Wilson is no longer a top 5 QB.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had to work all day.

Congrats to the Rams. Outplayed us on every snap.

What an absolute embarrassment of a performance by the offense. Defense did what they could, but that offense looked lost and scared. Pathetic start to finish.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I've been saying it for the past couple years but Carroll and Schneider are overrated. And people assume when you say overrated you mean bad but I don't mean those two are bad because they are good at what they do but that's about it.

With having a top 5 QB in Wilson and since their last Super Bowl run they really haven't done all that much. They've had plenty of time to put together a stronger roster and make more serious runs at a title.

It's been the same story every year. Wilson drags an average to below average roster to the playoffs and in the playoffs where you play stronger overall rosters your QB can only do so much to cover up overall weakness of your team.

Since their SB run in 2014 when you look at their playoff runs they really haven't had a win against a strong opponent. The wins that they've had have been against weak wild card teams and than the proceed to lose in the divisional.

Again Carroll isn't a bad coach. I put him in the same category as Tomlin in that they are good coaches but have underachieved with what they've had. I mean to not even at least get to the NFC Championship game in 5 years with Wilson as your QB is underachieving imo.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing flukey about this game. Rams were the better team.

If their offense can play at that level, coupled with that defense, they may keep going for a while this month

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been saying it for the past couple years but Carroll and Schneider are overrated. And people assume when you say overrated you mean bad but I don't mean those two are bad because they are good at what they do but that's about it.

With having a top 5 QB in Wilson and since their last Super Bowl run they really haven't done all that much. They've had plenty of time to put together a stronger roster and make more serious runs at a title.

It's been the same story every year. Wilson drags an average to below average roster to the playoffs and in the playoffs where you play stronger overall rosters your QB can only do so much to cover up overall weakness of your team.

Since their SB run in 2014 when you look at their playoff runs they really haven't had a win against a strong opponent. The wins that they've had have been against weak wild card teams and than the proceed to lose in the divisional.

Again Carroll isn't a bad coach. I put him in the same category as Tomlin in that they are good coaches but have underachieved with what they've had. I mean to not even at least get to the NFC Championship game in 5 years with Wilson as your QB is underachieving imo.
Seahawks have reached Packers/Mike McCarthy territory. If they want to ever get back to where they were they need changes at the top. Given the ownership situatuion I am not confident that happens. But Pete has clear weaknesses that have just gotten magnified by the year as the talent has dropped off.

And yeah 1 playoff win in 4 years which was against Josh McCown isnt good enough.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had hoped the Seahawks could get lucky and have tge Rams QBs gift us some mistakes but I called this last week. The worst matchup possible in the Rams. That defense is too good and the Hawks gifted them 14 points. The Oline looked like Tom Cable was back in charge. 7 penalties and terrible blocking both in the run game and pass pro. Oh well. Shit happens. Russ was terrible, as were the WRs.
Having said that, credit the Rams for a well played game. And credit to Staley for that defense. I hope that young QB is okay. And I hope Aaron Donald is okay and can beat up Green Bay.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Rams fans on the win Saturday afternoon. Defense looks stout again and you have yourselves one heck of a RB in Ackers. Good luck the rest of the way.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Goff had to come in I knew it was done for LA.

Until it just wasn't. Donald was a beast till he got hurt. Hope he can play next week.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pete Carroll would like Russell Wilson to cook less in 2021.

The Seattle Seahawks coach told reporters Monday that his team needs to run the ball more in the coming year.

"We have to run the ball better. Not even run the ball better, run it more," Carroll said, via Gregg Bell of The News Tribune.

The 69-year-old coach is self-aware how that sentiment will play with much of his fan base, who staunchly advocated Wilson be given greater reign this season.

"I know fans don't want to hear it," Carroll said.

Shaggy

Administrator
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ is an awesome qb. But he keeps having insane halves of seasons.....

He needs a better OL. He has no chance back there and only gets things done with his legs. Wasn't he the most sack QB this year?

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks are a good team but this was funny

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He needs a better OL. He has no chance back there and only gets things done with his legs. Wasn't he the most sack QB this year?
Perhaps. But lots of qbs have bad lines. It’s not all the line for the stark contrasts.