• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Wildcard Round! LA Rams @ Seattle Seahawks - 1:40 PST

Who ya got?

• Rams

Votes: 15 50.0%
  • Seahawks

Votes: 15 50.0%

• Total voters

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps. But lots of qbs have bad lines. It’s not all the line for the stark contrasts.

Against our Dline you can be good and still get blasted. A bad Oline against our defense is not healthy

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct me Seahawks fans if I’m wrong, but I believe that game last week was the first game in weeks that the Seattle Oline was 100% healthy and they were 5-0 when all 5 starters played together this year.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Against our Dline you can be good and still get blasted. A bad Oline against our defense is not healthy
Oh that I know. But he didn’t play you every week the last half of the year...or the year before

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh that I know. But he didn’t play you every week the last half of the year...or the year before

The Rams Dline tends to get in his head tho.

Actually the Seahawks 2nd half of the year this year wasn’t really difficult. Last 8 weeks:

San Fran
Rams
WFT
Jets
Giants
Philly
AZ
Rams

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams Dline tends to get in his head tho.

Actually the Seahawks 2nd half of the year this year wasn’t really difficult. Last 8 weeks:

San Fran
Rams
WFT
Jets
Giants
Philly
AZ
Rams
Seeee

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seattle offense is built around a scramble play.

Their run game has all but disappeared.

They give up sacks like there is no tomorrow.

RW seems to be over thinking? Seemed like something was off with him this year? Like he lost a step? So his look downfield, then take off and run style wasn't there this year. Then add in the TOs. Not a recipie for success.

Minus Lockett, I'm not sure there is another WR who can actually run routes? So if a team contains RW to the pocket, the Hawks offense suffers badly.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seattle offense is built around a scramble play.

Their run game has all but disappeared.

They give up sacks like there is no tomorrow.

RW seems to be over thinking? Seemed like something was off with him this year? Like he lost a step? So his look downfield, then take off and run style wasn't there this year. Then add in the TOs. Not a recipie for success.

Minus Lockett, I'm not sure there is another WR who can actually run routes? So if a team contains RW to the pocket, the Hawks offense suffers badly.
Its pretty simple. They went into the year with one philosophy and opened up with some bottom of the league defenses, then once they played some better defenses and they were adjusted against they had no counter punch.

And you are right about not much after Lockett. Once Olsen got hurt they didnt get any production from the middle of the field.

I think the bottom line is the way Pete wants to run an offense and what RWs stengths are, are two different things. So I dont think this franchise ultimately gets over the hump unless one of them leaves.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pete Carroll would like Russell Wilson to cook less in 2021.

The Seattle Seahawks coach told reporters Monday that his team needs to run the ball more in the coming year.

"We have to run the ball better. Not even run the ball better, run it more," Carroll said, via Gregg Bell of The News Tribune.

The 69-year-old coach is self-aware how that sentiment will play with much of his fan base, who staunchly advocated Wilson be given greater reign this season.

"I know fans don't want to hear it," Carroll said.
I think this is partially true. The run game iteself this year wasnt effective and it needs to be in order for RW to have success because it will force teams to stray from the two high safety look he struggled against. Things ultimately went south when Carson and Hyde both got hurt and they had no creativity with their running game. They will need a back they can rely on in 2021 and someone in the coaching staff who can add creativity there.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its pretty simple. They went into the year with one philosophy and opened up with some bottom of the league defenses, then once they played some better defenses and they were adjusted against they had no counter punch.

And you are right about not much after Lockett. Once Olsen got hurt they didnt get any production from the middle of the field.

I think the bottom line is the way Pete wants to run an offense and what RWs stengths are, are two different things. So I dont think this franchise ultimately gets over the hump unless one of them leaves.
There seems to be a lot ailing this team. They got by for a long time with the LOB. Now that the D is mediocre the offensive weaknesses have manifested. Historically weak O line. As I menrioned it seems like RW has lost a step or two? Is it age? Has he put on a few excess #s like most of us as we age? If so that doesn't bold well for the Hawks future. RW needs to scramble and run to make that O efficient. So unless PC puts more talent on the O I don't see much improvement. Seattle has had a decent stable of RBs. They seem to do well until teams figure them out. Other teams have battled RB injuries, especially this season. Having a better O line can help mask some of the problems of using a 3rd/4th tier RB. NE consistently does this thanks in part to BB investing in the Oline. It's not sexy but it is effective.

DK is a beast but he's not a route runner. Still wish NE took him instead of our almost non exsitent first round pick.