• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why Oregon fans will never get it

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to be there geneh. The Big East was an anchor.

We're as excited as a cat on a hot tin roof to have you guys and Pitt! Well, maybe excited in a more positive way than that, I mean.....

:yahoo:

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with all due respect, please post a facility that is better than Oregon's. I would love to see it. Honestly.

I think this just shows you out of tune you are with todays college football. Facilities are a HUGE tool in recruiting and a programs success. Just because Michigan doesn't have it and has just drifted off into the college football Wikipedia world for todays athletes, doesnt mean you try to down play the important of todays game.

No better means that it's at most on an equal level. It doesn't necessarily imply that there are ones that are better. It's all based on personal opinion. It's a locker room for gods sake. A new building is a new building.

Once schembechler hall is completed, Michigan will have either built new or modified every single football facility on campus. So your notion is not based on any facts.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with all due respect, please post a facility that is better than Oregon's. I would love to see it. Honestly.

I think this just shows you out of tune you are with todays college football. Facilities are a HUGE tool in recruiting and a programs success. Just because Michigan doesn't have it and has just drifted off into the college football Wikipedia world for todays athletes, doesnt mean you try to down play the important of todays game.

I don't know if USC's is better, but it's in the conversation!! Even has an underground practice field, which is just soooo cool!!

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good man here. MOST UM fans are good people.

I'm a bad person because I think Oregon has peaked and that their constant bragging about facilities is tired and old? Interesting perspective, one that I don't quite understand.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and Notre Dame, too, I guess. Naw, we really love them, too! :laugh3:

(I'm Catholic so I really can't ever slight Notre Dame!)

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This tradition thing is not spewed by the Bama's of the world...

Just certain Michigan and Texas fans that cant accept change.

Imagine that...

Bama fans dont say "We were better than you then"

They say we have always been better than you....

Thank GOd for Bammers they dont hang on tradition and are a progressive football program....

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who has the crystal ball from 1997? I think that is the one that matters. You got that wooden POS trophy you're excited about?

Why does that matter, it only came about in the late 80's. So you're saying a championship in 1985 is irrelevant? Michigan has the AP national title trophy sitting in a case.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a bad person because I think Oregon has peaked and that their constant bragging about facilities is tired and old? Interesting perspective, one that I don't quite understand.

Dude, there are 2 things you don't understand very well.

1. Football tradition

2. Football

Michigan is not very good right now while Oregon is very nearly at the top of the pyramid. Don't be so envious on a message board. Be envious with your fellow UM fans but don't embarrass yourself like this.

You tried to take Minnie down with you but FAILED. Quit while you are behind. If you are trying to troll, just fugget about it already.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota has more AP National Championships than Michigan does. Back in your grandpa's era, Minnesota was -the- program, and its success basically spawned Oklahoma's too.

I still think who awarded national titles is irrelevant. In a couple of years with the BCS trophies be irrelevant because there's a new system?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and you're mad, because after all that spending and when you're finally finished, it wont even compare to Oregon.

You're right, it will be better - as the indoor field already is. And we'll have trophies to put in it.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This private school stuff is killing me. They are tight with the greenbacks.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
peaked? You mean still climbing. Oregon isn't slowing down, you don't peak and build this giant facility. You build this giant facility while you're still climbing up to the top.

Let's be honest here OD, Oregon "builds it" because Uncle Phil is alive-n-well and seeling sneakers and golf clubs is all.:whistle:

Oregon State is heading to the "Big House" to visit the "ghosts of Bo" soon enough. Michigan will have all they can handle from the 2nd best that the State of Oregon has to offer. Let's just start there with that.:clap:

The State of Oregon does not have, nor do we want, 1 thing that the State of Michigan does have...DETROIT, and GL2U with that "ball-n-chain" of a city.:laugh3:

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since the inception of the crystal ball, that is the main one that mattered. Why do you think in the BCS doesnt even CALCULATE the AP votes!?!?!?!?

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if USC's is better, but it's in the conversation!! Even has an underground practice field, which is just soooo cool!!

Yeah, I think the top 20 programs in the country can make a very valid argument that they have the best facilities.

At a certain point what argument is there? You have bad ass facilities, we have bad ass facilities, they have bad ass facilities.

Oregon's are just done differently and have a ton of bling and swag...

To each their own... a Bama plorster said it best....

"Oregon's facilities are awesome, but that would stick out like a sore thumb in SEC land"

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan is kinda like the Detroit Auto economy -- oh remember when. I was at the game in the Big House - they were making fun of the uniforms etc.... Spewing about tradition --- now 6 years later spewing the same stuff. Funny Lloyd Carr said Autzen was the loudest stadium he'd ever been in over 10 years ago. Seems to me UO is on the chair lift and UM has crashed at the bottom of the hill.

Congrats on the loud stadium, no one ever said it wasn't loud. Our stadium is large (by design), yours is loud (by design).

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the more and more this thread turns into Michigan history, I am starting to wonder what tradition Michigan truly has?

Seems like they don't have all that many titles, but a piece of wood plaque that states they shared the title with someone.

They have been under Ohio States shadow for decades.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DAMN!! USC didn't get control over the Coliseum to do what we want with it until about 2 weeks ago!!

I guess we don't have tradition either!!:L

So you're comparing playing in the metrodome to the Coliseum.....