• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why Oregon fans will never get it

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He quotes something from that fuckstick Bo about shitty facilities before the TV was invented Im sure... Fuck Bo and fuck Michigan.

Check your calendar OP... Its 2013... Bo is rotting in a grave somewhere. This is the 21st century and times have changed. It aint all about money, true, but it sure does help. Its taken Oregon to the brink of 3 NATTys. Losing a NATTY by a FG. And losing an opportunity to play in 2 other NATTYs by a FG.

Looks like money is working just fine. SO never is a long time. Especially when you consider it has put lil ol Oregon on the brink of a NATTY in 3 of the last 4 years....

R U still Jelly over this???

Oregon 39 Michigan 7

Hook_and_Line_handline.jpg

Key word in the above rant.........LOSING!!:laugh3:

Last edited by a moderator:

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Schembechler arrived at Michigan, the facilities were terrible. The team was getting dressed in the bleachers at the basketball facility. You know what Bo said, "You see that rusty nail right there? Fielding Yost hung his hat on that rusty nail! We've got tradition here! Michigan tradition! And that's something no one else has!"

Oregon will never be able to buy national titles or the history that makes a great program.

You have 1 Natty since 1948. Seems to me that tradition is about all you have.

I like football tradition and history ... but what makes football great is winning. That's something you guys seem to have forgotten about lately. In the BCS era, Oregon is 8th in winning percentage, Michigan 17th. But you keep hanging your hat on that rusty old nail because that means so much!

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He quotes something from that fuckstick Bo about shitty facilities before the TV was invented Im sure... Fuck Bo and fuck Michigan.

Check your calendar OP... Its 2013... Bo is rotting in a grave somewhere. This is the 21st century and times have changed. It aint all about money, true, but it sure does help. Its taken Oregon to the brink of 3 NATTys. Losing a NATTY by a FG. And losing an opportunity to play in 2 other NATTYs by a FG.

Looks like money is working just fine. SO never is a long time. Especially when you consider it has put lil ol Oregon on the brink of a NATTY in 3 of the last 4 years....

Oregon 39 Michigan 7

Hook_and_Line_handline.jpg

I dont get it were you trying to show how good Oregon is or how shitty the Michigan defense is......

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tradition and history are built, which means they have to start someplace!! Perhaps Oregon is building theirs now!! At some point all programs were like Oregon. A new, "upstart" that the existing "traditional teams" of the time, thought wouldn't last!! Instead they stuck around and eventually developed tradition and history!!

Maybe Oregon will fade back in to anonymity and never "get it" as you suggest or maybe 50 years from now, some Oregon fan will be starting a thread stating that some other schools' fans will never "get it"!!

Only time will tell!! In the meantime, why not just let Duck fans enjoy their success and see if they can sustain it long enough to have "tradition"!!

Besides, love them or hate them, they're damn fun to watch!!

And starting threads like this leads to them using the term "jelly" for jealous and I HATE that!!:gaah:

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
second troll thread in what an hour???

How is this a troll thread, Oregon fans have been consistently posting about their facilities. This post was in direct response to those.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have 1 Natty since 1948. Seems to me that tradition is about all you have.

I like football tradition and history ... but what makes football great is winning. That's something you guys seem to have forgotten about lately. In the BCS era, Oregon is 8th in winning percentage, Michigan 17th. But you keep hanging your hat on that rusty old nail because that means so much!

And 1 national championship in that time frame is more than most teams have. I'll hang my hat on that, considering I can remember watching my team win a national title. I'll take that any day over a slightly better winning percentage in the past 14 years.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And 1 national championship in that time frame is more than most teams have. I'll hang my hat on that, considering I can remember watching my team win a national title. I'll take that any day over a slightly better winning percentage in the past 14 years.

wait is that NC you are referring to the one you share with Nebraska?

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is this a troll thread, Oregon fans have been consistently posting about their facilities. This post was in direct response to those.

exactly... so y the fuck not leave yourn comment in said thread?

Disney much?

no need to start a thread every time you get the jimmies rustled

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just surprised that he actually posted this thread on the correct board.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota and Pittsburgh have great tradition. How is that working out for them? Success has to be relatively recent for the past to matter. Since they've been pretty good to excellent for more than a decade now, you can pretty safely assume that even if they hit a rough spot (which they did for a while in the mid 2000s), they should be able to get themselves out of it.

They seem to be built for long term success.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Oh, you're not that impressed with our state of the art facility? Well, here, lets drive 1.45 hrs North and take you to the Nike World Campus, I've got a meeting with Phil Knight arraigned for you."

The sad thing is that even with all of that, your program has peaked.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

peaked? You mean still climbing. Oregon isn't slowing down, you don't peak and build this giant facility. You build this giant facility while you're still climbing up to the top.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tradition and history are built, which means they have to start someplace!! Perhaps Oregon is building theirs now!! At some point all programs were like Oregon. A new, "upstart" that the existing "traditional teams" of the time, thought wouldn't last!! Instead they stuck around and eventually developed tradition and history!!

Maybe Oregon will fade back in to anonymity and never "get it" as you suggest or maybe 50 years from now, some Oregon fan will be starting a thread stating that some other schools' fans will never "get it"!!

Only time will tell!! In the meantime, why not just let Duck fans enjoy their success and see if they can sustain it long enough to have "tradition"!!

Besides, love them or hate them, they're damn fun to watch!!

And starting threads like this leads to them using the term "jelly" for jealous and I HATE that!!:gaah:

Solid post T12.

I will say Mich and tOSU fans have no problem bashing each other or anyone. It's an equal opportunity troll fest.

Shit they had a thread going about teams in the B1G with a cheating history. Had me wondering if there's an honest school in the conference.:L

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If the peak is a FG as time expires from a National Championship, that's a pretty high peak.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oregon 39 Michigan 7

Am I jealous over Oregon beating us? No. You beat a team that lost to App State. Your team had to make up some points because it took 4 tries for Oregon to finally score a point against Michigan.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I jealous over Oregon beating us? No. You beat a team that lost to App State. Your team had to make up some points because it took 4 tries for Oregon to finally score a point against Michigan.

No. your jealous that Oregon is a bigger program now than Michigan, that Oregon has 20x better facilities than Michigan, that Michigan JUST got a new facility and it ain't shit compared to what Oregon just threw out there.

You aren't Oregon, you're Michigan, deal with it. No need to try and bring down others.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid post T12.

I will say Mich and tOSU fans have no problem bashing each other or anyone. It's an equal opportunity troll fest.

Shit they had a thread going about teams in the B1G with a cheating history. Had me wondering if there's an honest school in the conference.:L

No need to worry, jonvi, Syracuse joined the right conference alright!!!!!!!

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh Im sorry BF1.. Didnt realise u were a Michigan fan. Hate to call out an entire program. Just the OP reads through OD's facilities thread, doesnt like what he sees. Gets jelly enough to create an an entire thread dedicated to how "We dont get it"

WHy not just post his thoughts in the Oregon facilities thread???? 1 He seeks attention or 2 He hasnt got the Disney out of him yet... Let yall be the judge....

So if someone doesn't agree with your or jabs your team they have to "get the Disney out of them"? There wasn't just one Oregon thread created on facilities, it was after seeing multiple threads per week that I decided to post this. There's some sort of inferiority complex that Oregon fans have that make them consistently brag about their facilities; which, in reality, are no better than most major programs.

Congrats on your new building though...