• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why Lane Kiffin was hired at Bama.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please feel free to tell me how i am bent out of shape. I labeled it funny and commented on the level of creativity it took to come up with this. Not sure how i am now being labeled "bent out of shape" over my comments that its not up to you or anyone to judge if a person finds it funny or not. This is just plain common sense, and if you cannot see that, then clearly you need to get a life as you are more concerned with what an Alabama fan feels about something than you should be. Clearly we are living in your head with the amount of concern you are showing over this.

Because you keep writing dissertations of why your not and it makes the thread even funnier!

BadMotoWeazal

Got Dirt?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the dude is cancer. glad florida didnt hire him, people were saying he wasin the mix

I agree we was cancer as a head coach..... Maybe things will change now that he's not the HMFIC. Or at least that's what I keep telling myself.

I'm sure that when he & Saban sat down to talk about the job, Saban said something like. "Just one fuck up & your out of a job & on your arse."

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because you keep writing dissertations of why your not and it makes the thread even funnier!

Really, my dissertation, as you call, it is repeating the same thing i originally said, which apparently still hasnt sunk in. I liken this to telling a petulant child something over and over again until it finally dawns on them what is being said, I am hoping this will take affect at some point, but apparently not so far huh?

And again, funny is a relative term, depends on the context and who is viewing it.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree we was cancer as a head coach..... Maybe things will change now that he's not the HMFIC. Or at least that's what I keep telling myself.

I'm sure that when he & Saban sat down to talk about the job, Saban said something like. "Just one fuck up & your out of a job & on your arse."

And Saban actually addressed this in a statement he made about why he hired Kiffin.
“I've known him for a long time,” Saban said after speaking to approximately 4,000 coaches during an hour-long session. “I always thought he was a really good coach. All his issues come from something we're not asking him to do.”

This speaks to what he is being asked to do, which is be an OC and recruiter and what he is not being asked to to, which is be the Head coach. He is a very good OC and his stats prove that. I trust Saban to know what will work and what wont and i think we have seen cases of assistants not working and they dont stay long. This could very well be the one thing Bama has been missing in this run, a truly great OC with a creative playbook. only time will tell, but the fear is apparent by all the posters who comment on this being a bad move. They hope it is, but dont know anymore than we do at this point.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put it this way. If Lame Kitten was hired at Florida, every single Bama fan would be laughing their asses off at the hire, but now they get all defensive because it's their guy now. Lame Kiffin is a national joke, and the dude has ruined everything he has touched. Saban might have outsmarted himself with this hire, this could be the end of their run.

Maybe, maybe not. But the reason is because Saban > Muschamp. Saban owns this program and no one questions anything he does. If anyone can control Kiffin its Saban. Muschamp wouldn't be able to and you know its true.

Only time will tell if this is a bad hire or a good hire.

Rather Be Fishin'

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is not an article it is fan fiction and its pretty funny regardless of who you are. If you can't see the humor then you really need help.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-29034-1369072374-3.gif

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Saban actually addressed this in a statement he made about why he hired Kiffin.

This speaks to what he is being asked to do, which is be an OC and recruiter and what he is not being asked to to, which is be the Head coach. He is a very good OC and his stats prove that. I trust Saban to know what will work and what wont and i think we have seen cases of assistants not working and they dont stay long. This could very well be the one thing Bama has been missing in this run, a truly great OC with a creative playbook. only time will tell, but the fear is apparent by all the posters who comment on this being a bad move. They hope it is, but dont know anymore than we do at this point.

Well said and I like how what Saban said about it. When Kiffin was at USC he was asked to recruit, coach the qb's and be an OC. He did just fine and had zero problems. Every issue he has had has been as a head coach.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WT has dogged Clay Travis and this trash publication many times but I see when he can poke his rival it's a great read! Come on guys; just kidding. hahah! Why does this not surprise me? For some who have a brain they would see the obvious. Oh well, carry on!

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WT has dogged Clay Travis and this trash publication many times but I see when he can poke his rival it's a great read! Come on guys; just kidding. hahah! Why does this not surprise me? For some who have a brain they would see the obvious. Oh well, carry on!

I don't trash Clay I just point out he is not a journalist but an entertainer plus he didn't write the article it was submitted by a fan. Correction it's not even an article a satire piece.

Personally I love OutKickTheCoverage it's smart and funny stuff and I like the way he thinks. The big difference between us is when he goes after Auburn, and he foes frequently, I can laugh but 80% of the bammers can't take it. It is hysterical Clay is extremely complementary of Saban and Alabama but if he pokes the tiniest stick you guys go nuts so it's too much fun for him not to do it.

Make no mistake if you can laugh at it then you get it and that's great fun but if you can't then we are laughing at you which makes it even better.

The really really funny part it isn't a slam on Alabama it makes it look like Saban controls the world, which you should enjoy, but you can't even get that! Priceless!!!

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't trash Clay I just point out he is not a journalist but an entertainer plus he didn't write the article it was submitted by a fan. Correction it's not even an article a satire piece.

Personally I love OutKickTheCoverage it's smart and funny stuff and I like the way he thinks. The big difference between us is when he goes after Auburn, and he foes frequently, I can laugh but 80% of the bammers can't take it. It is hysterical Clay is extremely complementary of Saban and Alabama but if he pokes the tiniest stick you guys go nuts so it's too much fun for him not to do it.

Make no mistake if you can laugh at it then you get it and that's great fun but if you can't then we are laughing at you which makes it even better.

The really really funny part it isn't a slam on Alabama it makes it look like Saban controls the world, which you should enjoy, but you can't even get that! Priceless!!!

Yea, we've seen you laugh a lot when something/someone poked fun or dogged Auburn! :L

As for OutkickTheCoverage, I don't read it just like I don't watch TMZ! And yes you have dogged it and I knew Clay didn't write the article but he publishes it AND any other shit that might create a buzz for people with too much time on their hands~ about ANY team and anybody! :nod:

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If people make fun of Auburn in a good hearted way then yeah I can laugh. Now if you are making fun of poisoning trees, claiming we are dirty or being an all around general asshole then yeah I push back.

No you haven't seen me dog Clay Travis that is BS so go sell it somewhere else. The only people that don't like Clay Travis are the ones that aren't smart enough to understand what the point really is and I guess that includes you.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If people make fun of Auburn in a good hearted way then yeah I can laugh. Now if you are making fun of poisoning trees, claiming we are dirty or being an all around general asshole then yeah I push back.

No you haven't seen me dog Clay Travis that is BS so go sell it somewhere else. The only people that don't like Clay Travis are the ones that aren't smart enough to understand what the point really is and I guess that includes you.

So by this analogy, you not liking Bama fans means you're not smart enough to understand what their point is then. Got it.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So by this analogy, you not liking Bama fans means you're not smart enough to understand what their point is then. Got it.

Who do I not like? I even helped spring BamaTee from the TB so I've got street cred on this issue!

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is not an article it is fan fiction and its pretty funny regardless of who you are. If you can't see the humor then you really need help.

Thought it was funny.

Gotta learn to laugh at yourself.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are you saying we don't understand all the shit, they post and start, or just this one small piece of a satirical post? Funny how Auburn fans disappeared for 2 years and now they're everywhere and posting daily and have all the answers. :noidea: Thanks for your endorsement from the TB but don't think that gets you some free pass! :doh:

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way this could and should be a TB troll thread! :noidea: