• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why is it so hard for Marshawn Lynch to dance with the media.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
99.9% of NFL players and coaches goes along with the media. They do the dance to keep the media happy. How come Marshawn Lynch is all, "You know why I am here"?

Because it's working for him. His national advertising stock has never been higher and according to market analysts is going higher every time he does this stuff. He will earn more from Skittles, Progressive, and the other ad slots coming online than he is paying in league fines.

He's not shy of the media, although he has said many times he isn't about talking about himself he's about the team and just doesn't enjoy the same stupid questions all the time. This shtick of his is about snubbing his nose at the league office. It's nothing more and nothing less.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since when do wit and wisdom sell magazines or newspapers to the masses?

Lynch will make big money if he chooses to give an exclusive interview to ESPN or SI after he retires. Anyway, the idea that he'll ever have a hard time getting the press to come when he calls is pretty ignorant was my only point.

What will ANYONE pay him "big money" to talk about two minutes after he stops running with a football? Not a damn thing.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah. That was pure entertainment gold but we were all too "butthurt" to "get it." Is that how you remember it? :noidea:

Yup, and apparently its still going....

gowazzu said:
The crabtree thing was calculated, and it worked to a Tee. Now shermans hocking headsets, soup, deodorant etc.etc. etc.

What you guys don't get cause your football nuts, Is that nobody pays attention to Seattle athletes cause were so far from the east coast. That rant single handedly made sherman a house hold name, he was an all pro before but nobody knew who he was. After that rant even non football fans knew who he was.

he turned around, capitalized on it by signing a ton of endorsement deals and this year he's been pretty dang quite actually

Still all about the "genius" that is Sherman on that front... :rollseyes: :gaah:

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need to settle down bro, you are getting WAY too worked up. Take a breather bro.

Eh, I think its just one of those things that you can pretty much guarantee that anyone talking about what a misunderstood genius Lynch is just so happens to have a little Seahawk avatar below his name...

I'm SHOCKED I tell you... SHOCKED!!! :yahoo:

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The crabtree thing was calculated, and it worked to a Tee. Now shermans hocking headsets, soup, deodorant etc.etc. etc.

What you guys don't get cause your football nuts, Is that nobody pays attention to Seattle athletes cause were so far from the east coast. That rant single handedly made sherman a house hold name, he was an all pro before but nobody knew who he was. After that rant even non football fans knew who he was.

he turned around, capitalized on it by signing a ton of endorsement deals and this year he's been pretty dang quite actually.

So basically you're saying everything we fans complain about concerning the Seahawks is premeditated and a wonderfully thought out scheme...

Lol

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What will ANYONE pay him "big money" to talk about two minutes after he stops running with a football?

whenever he wants.

love your trolling, btw. first class.

i'd be a hypocrite to celebrate it with players we dislike in common, and then get on your case about it with somebody like Lynch.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember the Seattle fans venting about the evils of the media during deflategate.
On the contrary, it was a loving marriage of unsubstantiated claims for the happy couple.

But when the conversation of lynch comes up, it's all "irreconcilable differences"

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's me I want nothing to do with a press conference either. I admire his stance.

For that matter, an obligatory trip to the White House after winning a Super Bowl wouldn't be high on my list of things to do either.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need to settle down bro, you are getting WAY too worked up. Take a breather bro.

The-Big-Lebowski-WTF-Gif.gif

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically you're saying everything we fans complain about concerning the Seahawks is premeditated and a wonderfully thought out scheme...

Lol

The thing with Lynch started with him trying to get out of doing mass media/podium stuff, but the more the league pushed him the more he has pushed back and now he is firmly entrenched in doing anything he can to piss them off. Take the hat he wore the other day for example. League is threatening to fine him for that, but it is a new era hat (even if not their brand/logo on the front of it) so can they?

He's pushing the boundary and doing so clearly to push back against the league office.

Hammer, what's funny here is Lynch is doing what so many of you claim need to be done, but because it's a Seahawk... well now it's wrong! Wrong we tell you! If it was a Titan it would be awesome because you all hate the league office anyway.

And you guys try to bring up the word hypocrisy? :L

Either you don't like Goodell and his regime and Lynch is giving him the bird on your behalf, or you are not as against the league office as you all claim.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Your so butthurt, brah. And your jelly too, brah. Calm down, brah. Your so angry." - same Seahawks fan who considers Marshawn Lynch as highly intelliegnt :rolleyes2:

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember the Seattle fans venting about the evils of the media during deflategate.
On the contrary, it was a loving marriage of unsubstantiated claims for the happy couple.

But when the conversation of lynch comes up, it's all irreconcilable differences.

i totally understand why the NFL and media are angry with him. i don't think they're being evil at all over this, though sports media in general is nauseating no matter which team they're covering.

as for your comparison to deflategate, lynch gets fined when he breaks the rules.

unless you believe the magical weather excuse, somebody broke the rules with the deflategate fooballs. we're all still waiting to find out who it was.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But when the conversation of lynch comes up, it's all "irreconcilable differences"

I haven't read any Seahawks fans saying the media reports are gospel. I know I've said we need to wait for the league to draw any conclusions, however what is out there does look bad for the Pats. Not sure how that's in opposition to respecting Lynch's right to pay whatever fines the league wants to hand down in exchange for him not telling some lame ass reporter what had for lunch or giving some canned answer about respecting the other team.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hammer, what's funny here is Lynch is doing what so many of you claim need to be done, but because it's a Seahawk... well now it's wrong! Wrong we tell you! If it was a Titan it would be awesome because you all hate the league office anyway.

I'm 100x more critical of the Titans than any team in the league so just spare me with that, Wiz. I highly dislike the Pats and 49ers. I'm purely ambivalent to the Seahawks. Just so happens this cross-eyed dimwit plays for them and you guise think he's the cat's meow because he can't string a sentence together.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm 100x more critical of the Titans than any team in the league so just spare me with that, Wiz. I highly dislike the Pats and 49ers. I'm purely ambivalent to the Seahawks. Just so happens this cross-eyed dimwit plays for them and you guise think he's the cat's meow because he can't string a sentence together.

You guys? Where have I said that? :noidea:

He's clearly not as dumb as you are trolling us on, but he's no genius either. He's odd as can be and no one denies that. Dude is eccentric at the very least. But his act is far more calculated than some of you are giving him credit for. He laid it all out pretty clearly last year before the SB.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys? Where have I said that? :noidea:

He's clearly not as dumb as you are trolling us on, but he's no genius either. He's odd as can be and no one denies that. Dude is eccentric at the very least. But his act is far more calculated than some of you are giving him credit for. He laid it all out pretty clearly last year before the SB.

You know, one Seahawk fan stands up for Lynch and it's "all of us"

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Your so butthurt, brah. And your jelly too, brah. Calm down, brah. Your so angry." - same Seahawks fan who considers Marshawn Lynch as highly intelliegnt :rolleyes2:

I never claimed he's a genious. Quite the contrary, I pointed to your post about how he looks funny and can't put a coherant sentence as proof of why he may not want to talk. Because he's not good at it.

More likely he's just being defiant cause he hates Goodell and all his hypocracy.

Im also the one who used bro twice in a post telling you to settle down. Because you're responsible for like a 1/3 of the posts in this thread and seem to be bickering with alot of people.

Im not mad at you for your point of view, Your a long time poster so I recognize your name/avi and just said to take a breather. After all what are we REALLY arguing about. No need to lump all of seahawks fans together. I know there are alot of us now.. But come one, our team is in the superbowl what do you expect.

Peace , Gowazzu's out! lol

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never claimed he's a genious. Quite the contrary, I pointed to your post about how he looks funny and can't put a coherant sentence as proof of why he may not want to talk. Because he's not good at it.

More likely he's just being defiant cause he hates Goodell and all his hypocracy.

Im also the one who used bro twice in a post telling you to settle down. Because you're responsible for like a 1/3 of the posts in this thread and seem to be bickering with alot of people.

Im not mad at you for your point of view, Your a long time poster so I recognize your name/avi and just said to take a breather. After all what are we REALLY arguing about. No need to lump all of seahawks fans together. I know there are alot of us now.. But come one, our team is in the superbowl what do you expect.

Peace , Gowazzu's out! lol

*You're
It's You're! :gaah:

shabazz916

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i love marshawn lynch... they want people to talk but get mad when people don't want to talk the way they want them too