• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why is it so hard for Marshawn Lynch to dance with the media.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
99.9% of NFL players and coaches goes along with the media. They do the dance to keep the media happy. How come Marshawn Lynch is all, "You know why I am here"?

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....hopefully he goes on a ~wild~ coke binge (Saturday night) and wakes up in a Mexican jail......Monday morning...!

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
99.9% of NFL players and coaches goes along with the media. They do the dance to keep the media happy. How come Marshawn Lynch is all, "You know why I am here"?

We honestly don't know if 99.9% would comply with the media because 90% of any team isn't ever asked to do interviews. Nobody is standing by the 3rd string safeties locker after the game to get quotes. Only the stars get picked on. My preference would be that Lynch would play along a bit more, but to each his own. If he's willing to pay the fines then why should we care? He just doesn't like the press. So much in fact that he was willing to skip a once in a lifetime opportunity to meet the President at the White House. Lynch is all about that action boss, and nothing else.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The MSM needs more people with the guts to stand up to them. Money isn't EVERYTHING. But pride is. I think Lynch is a hero to be honest.

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn't always such an introvert

Last edited by a moderator:

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check out my Doug Baldwin thread...... For my answer

Also, talking can't really help you at all.... ask youself, what can I accomplish here. Lots of bad things can happen, you can provide bulletin board material, you can say something thats construed wrong, or the media can take your words and meld them to tell the story however they want.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He clammed up after he started getting in trouble in Buffalo. I couldn't care less that he's willing to pay big dollars to avoid talking with them as long as he doesn't get himself suspended. But it isn't like he's getting persecuted so I don't feel sorry about the flack or fines he gets for choosing to act this way.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's drawn a very expensive line in the sand. I couldn't care less but the relationship between the media and sports is a mutually beneficial one. It's also a contractual obligation. I don't get the lionization of Lynch. Did some reporter screw him over or something ?

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's very easy for him to get the media to dance, actually.

he shows up, everybody knows they're going to get jack shit from him regarding their questions, and there they come anyway over and over and over and over and over again.

i like the dance analogy because everything the media or NFL have done to try to get him to dance to their tune has failed spectacularly.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
99.9% of NFL players and coaches goes along with the media.

interesting perspective since about 5% total or so of NFL players and coaching staff members ever get approached in the first place.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's drawn a very expensive line in the sand. I couldn't care less but the relationship between the media and sports is a mutually beneficial one. It's also a contractual obligation. I don't get the lionization of Lynch. Did some reporter screw him over or something ?

Like I keep saying, I can't wait til the day he needs the media (and it's coming quick). Cross-eyed dimwit will be talking then.

dirtboy068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Generation ME/ENTITLEMENT at its finest.

If Lynch doesn't want to be a professional football player so be it, he can bag groceries for all I care. Until then act like a grown-up .

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I keep saying, I can't wait til the day he needs the media (and it's coming quick). Cross-eyed dimwit will be talking then.

they still flock to him right now even though they know they're going to get nothing. sells copy, which is all they care about.

all it will take is a phone call from lynch or his agent, and reporters will come running.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Generation ME/ENTITLEMENT at its finest.

If Lynch doesn't want to be a professional football player so be it, he can bag groceries for all I care. Until then act like a grown-up .

mature

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he is starting to crack up.

From today.

"Hey look, I mean, all week I told y'all what's up," Lynch said. "And for some reason y'all continue to come back and do the same thing that y'all did. I don't know what story y'all trying to get out of me. I don't know what image y'all trying to portray of me. But it don't matter what y'all think, what y'all say about me.

"When I go home at night, the same people that I look in the face -- my family that I love. That's all that really matter to me. So y'all can go make up whatever y'all want to make up because I don't say enough for y'all to go and put anything out on me.

"I'll come to y'all event. Y'all shove cameras and microphones down my throat. But when I'm at home in my environment, I don't see y'all, but y'all mad at me. And if you ain't mad at me, then what y'all here for? I ain't got nothing for y'all, though. I told y'all that. Y'all should know that. But y'all will sit here like right now and continue to do the same thing.

"I'm here preparing for a game," Lynch continued. "And y'all want to ask me these questions, which is understandable. I could get down with that. But I told y'all. I'm not about to say nothing. So for the reminder of my, what's that, 3 minutes? Because I'm here I'm available for y'all. I'm here, I'm available for y'all. I talked. All of my requirements are fulfilled. For the next 3 minutes, I'll just be looking at y'all the way that y'all looking at me. Thank you."

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously you have to be a Seahawks fan to appreciate Marshawn's brilliance.

No. Everyone can appreciate what a brilliant RB he is. Some just care about other stuff more.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can't wait to see the massive publication(s) Lynch chooses to give exclusive interviews to after he retires. will be REALLY interesting to see how much he gets paid for them. :)