• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why is everyone letting Beltre off the hook?

ashcan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Why didn't Adrian Beltre come home on that grounder in the 10th that made it 9-8? It's been a week and a half and I'm taking this thing way better than I did after Game 7, but I don't see anyone giving Beltre grief for not coming home on that grounder that scored Descalso. If he comes home, he cuts down the 8th run and the tying run is left at 1st base. Even if Berkman comes in and singles as he did, the best the Cards do is score the 8th run and maybe get the tying run to 3rd.
I think everyone is blaming Nellie Cruz unfairly. Had Elvis and Beltre gone to home and 2nd respectively, Texas chokes off extra batters who eventually came back to hurt 'em. Even after Elvis' brain poot in the 8th, Beltre just making an easy throw hom to cut down Descalso prolly puts us over the top.

AGZBASEBALL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I sure will be glad when Spring Training finally comes along and we can move on to a new season. Tough thing right now as Ranger fans is that we have all winter to think about what went wrong that cost the Team the World Series. Like I said before it wasn't any one thing. Pitchers and Catchers report in Late February. Hopefully next Year the Rangers will be even Better.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see why we're still pointing fingers at anyone at this point. The season is over, let's look ahead to the off season and next spring.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why didn't Adrian Beltre come home on that grounder in the 10th that made it 9-8? It's been a week and a half and I'm taking this thing way better than I did after Game 7, but I don't see anyone giving Beltre grief for not coming home on that grounder that scored Descalso. If he comes home, he cuts down the 8th run and the tying run is left at 1st base. Even if Berkman comes in and singles as he did, the best the Cards do is score the 8th run and maybe get the tying run to 3rd.
I think everyone is blaming Nellie Cruz unfairly. Had Elvis and Beltre gone to home and 2nd respectively, Texas chokes off extra batters who eventually came back to hurt 'em. Even after Elvis' brain poot in the 8th, Beltre just making an easy throw hom to cut down Descalso prolly puts us over the top.

it was MY's fault

Swami

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which game?

Sorry it has taken me forever to respond. Haven't been checking up on the board much in the offseason. Anyway, 1st inning of Game 6 is when this happened. In retrospect that extra run would have been huge. They seemed primed for a huge first inning, then back to back strikeouts with runners on 1st and 3rd. And it doesn't have anything to do with the original post, I was just commenting because someone said it's Mike Young's fault. Not that I believe that. It's hard to point to any one thing in a baseball game and say that's why they lost. Anyway, I'm ready to see us sign someone or make a trade. Been a slow offseason for the Rangers so far.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry it has taken me forever to respond. Haven't been checking up on the board much in the offseason. Anyway, 1st inning of Game 6 is when this happened. In retrospect that extra run would have been huge. They seemed primed for a huge first inning, then back to back strikeouts with runners on 1st and 3rd. And it doesn't have anything to do with the original post, I was just commenting because someone said it's Mike Young's fault. Not that I believe that. It's hard to point to any one thing in a baseball game and say that's why they lost. Anyway, I'm ready to see us sign someone or make a trade. Been a slow offseason for the Rangers so far.

It was all CJ's fault. :smile:

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was joking about it being MY's fault. a team wins or loses as a team and trying to put it on any individual player is just wrong.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was joking about it being MY's fault. a team wins or loses as a team and trying to put it on any individual player is just wrong.

The only time it's wrong is when it happens to be a favorite player. It seems that outside of MY, pitchers and just about anybody else are fair game when it comes to attaching blame for a loss.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only time it's wrong is when it happens to be a favorite player. It seems that outside of MY, pitchers and just about anybody else are fair game when it comes to attaching blame for a loss.

No it's wrong all the time. ask Wash, Maddux, Nolan or JD and they will say that the Rangers as a team lost the series. No player or pitcher can be blamed for it or should be blamed for it.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No it's wrong all the time. ask Wash, Maddux, Nolan or JD and they will say that the Rangers as a team lost the series. No player or pitcher can be blamed for it or should be blamed for it.

Nah... it was all Torrealba's fault. He tales Napoli's throw on the proper (right) side of the plate in the top of the 4th of game 3 ... and TEX goes on to win Game 3 instead of losing it ... and takes the series in five games at home. All Torrealba's fault ... who should never have been in the game at all.

Maybe TEX can trade Torrealba to that team in Korea for Dustin Nippert.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah... it was all Torrealba's fault. He tales Napoli's throw on the proper (right) side of the plate in the top of the 4th of game 3 ... and TEX goes on to win Game 3 instead of losing it ... and takes the series in five games at home. All Torrealba's fault ... who should never have been in the game at all.

That's two WS games that Ron may have cost Texas in back to back years by putting shitty fielders in the field.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One thing about FO people, coaqches and managers...they are temps and get fired, too. Then you have message boards where everybody gets thrown under the bus on a game by game basis. Not saying it's right, just the nature of the beast.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm blaming it on the guy who became an Angel.