• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why go to 2nd for third out???

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

Seagar had no chance at the batter. He was squarely on his ass with his back to first. He had a CHANCE to make a nice play at 2nd. It wasn't in time.

It was ruled a hit.

And this is your big proof that throwing to first is right in all situations?

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, did you see that Bryant made the easier throw to second to end the 5th inning... lolzzzz

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAHAAHA, and Gillespie goes to second to end the top of the 6th... This is fun.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeter always went to 2nd base. He love to show off his jump throw. Joe buck used to cream himself every time jeter did that

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you honestly think he had a play at first? Fucking clown you are.
A one bouncer to SS. Not only would there been a play at first when not at second. This is an out virtually every time.

One bouncer. I'm proven right literally the next day after my post.
No play at second. If he pops up from a one bouncer, there's a virtual east play at first. You name calling buffoon. Video evidence. ONE BOUNCER.

cost the lead and almost the SERIES!!

Statcast: Espinosa beats throw

apachef4

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ElTexan, he wasn't going to throw out Trea Turner at first there, and he knew it. He would have had to get up, turn and then throw to first. Turner is beating that out every time. If Seager get's that ball out of his glove quicker, he get's Espinosa at 2nd easily.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A one bouncer to SS. Not only would there been a play at first when not at second. This is an out virtually every time.

One bouncer. I'm proven right literally the next day after my post.
No play at second. If he pops up from a one bouncer, there's a virtual east play at first. You name calling buffoon. Video evidence. ONE BOUNCER.

cost the lead and almost the SERIES!!

Statcast: Espinosa beats throw

So it's not an act you are this stupid.

Not sure what I was thinking trying to have a conversation with someone who thinks he's right and the entire baseball world is wrong.

Good day... :yo:

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it's not an act you are this stupid.

Not sure what I was thinking trying to have a conversation with someone who thinks he's right and the entire baseball world is wrong.

Good day... :yo:
Excellent substantive retort.

Let me reiterate: one hopper, and you're saying he can't get up and make the throw to first.

ONE. HOPPER.

funny how you can be provided with video evidence and still try to claim your pathetic argument.

One. HOPPER. You've seen short stops chase dribblers in the hole and third basemen run to pick up great bunts and still get guys out. And you're actually trying to argue that a fielder can't take a ONE HOPPER liner and get it to first for the out. The guy is barely out of the box when the SS gloves it. You idiots will say anything. Laughable.

One HOPPER. Video evidence.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on where the ball take the fielder... If it takes them towards 2nd base it would be easier to "throw" to 2nd then it would be to stop, try and plant and throw (probably across your body) a strike to 1st

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on where the ball take the fielder... If it takes them towards 2nd base it would be easier to "throw" to 2nd then it would be to stop, try and plant and throw (probably across your body) a strike to 1st
Nevermind the fact that the play in question had one of the fastest players in the majors at the plate and Seagar was on his ass with his back to 1st when he fielded the ball.

If he had tried to throw to first, Turner would have been safe by 5 steps.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nevermind the fact that the play in question had one of the fastest players in the majors at the plate and Seagar was on his ass with his back to 1st when he fielded the ball.

If he had tried to throw to first, Turner would have been safe by 5 steps.

Oh, honestly didn't read the beginning of the thread to see if this was in regards to a specific play or just in general. But I guess it was in regards to that play (which I did not see).

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, honestly didn't read the beginning of the thread to see if this was in regards to a specific play or just in general. But I guess it was in regards to that play (which I did not see).
In general. Gave multiple reasons. And cited examples.
As opposed to these other chumps who just say 'well, it's just how we've always done it.'

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent substantive retort.

Let me reiterate: one hopper, and you're saying he can't get up and make the throw to first.

ONE. HOPPER.

funny how you can be provided with video evidence and still try to claim your pathetic argument.

One. HOPPER. You've seen short stops chase dribblers in the hole and third basemen run to pick up great bunts and still get guys out. And you're actually trying to argue that a fielder can't take a ONE HOPPER liner and get it to first for the out. The guy is barely out of the box when the SS gloves it. You idiots will say anything. Laughable.

One HOPPER. Video evidence.

You also see SS and 3B make throws to 1st that are in the dirt, go wide, over the 1B's head, or not strong enough to get the runner at 1B out).

Every play is its own scenario.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryant almost safe in top of 3rd in game 3 NLCS because 2b was searching for the bag while trying to catch ball on routine grounder to left side on third out. But you're right? I must be crazy.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryant out in top of 3rd in game 3 NLCS because 2b was searching for the bag while trying to catch ball on routine grounder to left side on third out. But you're right? I must be crazy.
:fify:

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bang bang play at second as SS had to catch the thrown ball by 2B while moving toward the bag and having to find the bag at the same time as Anthony Rizzo almost got in safe ... instead of the 2B just calmly taking the grounder and tossing it to a ready 1B with Zobrist nowhere close to beating it out.

I’m always right.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bang bang play at second as SS had to catch the thrown ball by 2B while moving toward the bag and having to find the bag at the same time as Anthony Rizzo almost got in safe ... instead of the 2B just calmly taking the grounder and tossing it to a ready 1B with Zobrist nowhere close to beating it out.

I’m always right.
So...

He was out?

And this may be legit if there were never any errors while throwing to first...

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...

He was out?

And this may be legit if there were never any errors while throwing to first...
Yeah. You really want a guy trying to lead another guy who has to catch, shove his leg out to find the base, and avoid a 200lbs man sliding into him a fraction of a second later... rather than calmly throwing to 1st. Please, keep arguing from nothing more than status quo. It’s always a pleasure.

Corbin evades trouble in the 1st | 09/18/2018

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tim Hudson agrees that throwing to 1st base has no negative potentialities.