• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why do the Pats

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love it. You keep posting articles not about the Steelers. And not about the
Pats videotaping them before AFC championship game.

So. How many
articles not about the Steelers and the 2001 AFC Championship game = the pats
were fined and lost a draft pick for videotaping the Steelers before the 2001
AFC Championship game? 100? 1000?

Keep going. You've got a lot of work
to do.

Oh but I don't have any work to do. These articles are from HOF's and All Pro NFL players.

You have a lot of reading to do, but before you do... Get you some more of that Kool-Aid my friend. Your denial is quite funny.
http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=6190559

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where does it say that the NFL fined the Pats for videotaping the Steelers in
2001?

They didn't Jeffe, they got fined $500,000 + a 1st rounder for a JETS game. 1st game of the season!

And I am certain!!! That it was the ONLY time it happened! :pound:

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So many questions and scandals around this team. Every run they have had is shrouded with controversy. The only thing that is clear is Brady will never play for another team. I believe he would be exposed

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After meeting with Walsh, Goodell said of a further investigation: "I don't
know where else I would turn, but I reserve the right to review new information
if it comes up."
Walsh sent eight tapes to the league that show the Patriots
recording the play-calling signals of five opponents in six games between
2000 and 2002
, one of which was the 2002 AFC Championship Game that Porter's
Steelers lost to New England 24-17.

Maybe quite similar to the Ray Rice video tape in the elevator that the NFL "didn't know about"?

Think we might be on to something here..

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get so defensive every time they benefit from sketchy behaviors? Throughout their success there has been a trend of systems and rules they benefit from. It started with the tuck rule that snuck them into their first Super Bowl. From there they had spy gate. Yesterday they played a formations utilizing eligible receiver substitutions to gain an edge over the bit more defense. Whether it is within the red or not Harbaugh has a legitimate gripe. I've always thought football should be played in the field and games should not be won by coaches behind closed doors. This is why I'll always question the recent success of Brady and the Pats. And never understand why they get so upset when called out by fans and other teams :noidea:

I would have to guess that the reason they get defensive is because even when they are within the rules they have people questioning their integrity like you are doing now. You even bring up the tuck rule which was the refs descision, not the Pats. Even more so, at the time Tom Brady was no one, Bill Belichick was no one and the Raiders were a historic franchise not a punchline yet people still act like the Pats cheated. Why would the league cheat for those nobodies? I can't think of a single thing the Pats have done outside of Spygate and your list is pretty thin so what are we really talking about here? And, no, Harbaugh doesn't have a legitimate gripe.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound: Since you say "most", find three sources that don't have Brady in the top 5

Matt Cassel was a third string QB at USC. He had success playing for New England. Brady is a product if a coach that plays the system not an elite QB. If he plays for any other team he fails

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A stand up guy not known for talking or complaining

LOL. Yeah he was also called one of the dirtiest players in the NFL by other players.

Seriously I respect Hines Ward as a player but he is exactly what I'm talking about.

Sometimes players (and fans) have a really hard time accepting that they were outplayed on a particular day.

It's just easier to blame it on the refs or video taping or in this case with Jim Harbaugh blaming Belichick for being overly tricky. LOL.

Here you have some deeply disturbed Steelers fan trying to blame the huge 2001 upset of the Steelers by the Pats on taping

Because it's feels better than admitting your team just screwed up that day.

I still can't believe the Jets beat the Pats in 2010.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have to guess that the reason they get defensive is because even when they are within the rules they have people questioning their integrity like you are doing now. You even bring up the tuck rule which was the refs descision, not the Pats. Even more so, at the time Tom Brady was no one, Bill Belichick was no one and the Raiders were a historic franchise not a punchline yet people still act like the Pats cheated. Why would the league cheat for those nobodies? I can't think of a single thing the Pats have done outside of Spygate and your list is pretty thin so what are we really talking about here? And, no, Harbaugh doesn't have a legitimate gripe.

Intention added with sketchy calls and spygate. It is the oats that raise the questions. If bellicheck plays within the rules there and and doesn't have intent on abusing them there is no discussion. Stay on topic I was not the pats camera man I have no place in the discussion facts please

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The patriots only video taped The opposing team one time and got busted on that exact time.

C'mon man

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this because of the harbaugh complaining?

If rules aren't broken, you just don't liek them...tough. If the league doesn't like them, they will change them. happens all the time. But just because a team spends the time to exploit the rules, I say kudos to that. That's how people get rich, it's also how teams win. You work within the rules.

Isn't that exactly what a coach is SUPPOSED to do? KNOW the rules and how to "use" them? Correct me if I am off base on that one

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Yeah he was also called one of the dirtiest players in the NFL by other players.

Seriously I respect Hines Ward as a player but he is exactly what I'm talking about.

Sometimes players (and fans) have a really hard time accepting that they were outplayed on a particular day.

It's just easier to blame it on the refs or video taping or in this case with Jim Harbaugh blaming Belichick for being overly tricky. LOL.

Here you have some deeply disturbed Steelers fan trying to blame the huge 2001 upset of the Steelers by the Pats on taping

Because it's feels better than admitting your team just screwed up that day.

I still can't believe the Jets beat the Pats in 2010.

Where do you see a steelers fan. This is not related to fan bases it's related to pats practices and incidents. Can you dispute the facts

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't Jeffe, they got fined $500,000 + a 1st rounder for a JETS game. 1st game of the season!

And I am certain!!! That it was the ONLY time it happened! :pound:

Ahh. So when you said this a couple of pages ago "The best was when the Patriots video taped the Steelers before the 2001 AFC Championship and were fined $500,000 and lost a #1 draft pick."

you were talking out your ass?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's more important for the NFL, to cover up Ray Rice and his wife in the elevator or Super Bowl champion that cheated for years?

Pretty easy answer

Sgthall999

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Cassel was a third string QB at USC. He had success playing for New England. Brady is a product if a coach that plays the system not an elite QB. If he plays for any other team he fails

Ya a QB that was carried by a team that went 16-0 the year before. With all those weapons on both sides of the ball, Ryan Leaf could've gotten 11 wins. Second, this is not a source, that is an opinion. Brady will be in the Hall of Fame no matter what your opinion is. Again SOURCES!

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

From your article:

1) Pats were fined and penalized before Rams allegations surfaced, and
2) "The NFL reached a deal with Walsh on April 23, 2008 and arranged a meeting between Goodell and Walsh.[10] Prior to the meeting, Walsh sent eight videotapes, containing opponents' coaches' signals from the 2000 through 2002 seasons, in accordance with the agreement.[11] Goodell and Walsh met on May 13, 2008, at which time Walsh told Goodell he and other Patriots employees were present at the Rams' walkthrough to set up video equipment for the game but that there was no tape of the walkthrough made; as a result, Goodell told the media no additional penalties would be brought against the Patriots.[12] Less than 24 hours later, the Herald issued an apology for the article about the alleged walkthrough tape.[13]"

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes all of this is my ass talking.

Or you can go back and read the articles by HOFs and All Pro NFL players.

You really think that was the only time the Pats ever videotaped anyone? It's pretty obvious the punishment didn't fit the crime. $500,000 and a 1st rounder?

Please dude. Your denial mode is pathetic