• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why do the Pats

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May I please just take a moment to LOL @ Robert Kraft, Tom Brady, the entire Pats organization, as well as their fans, the city of Foxboro and greater Boston, the state of Taxachuessets and the New England region as a whole? :L

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ray rice elevator video.. NFL thought they got rid ("didn't know of the tape")of the tape. But in today's world, ain't gonna happen.

Pats video from 2000-2002... Disappeared? Gee I wonder ??

2+2= ?

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A guy once claimed to have found the missing Patriots tapes.

They later found him taking a stroll in a tributary of the Boston River wearing concrete boots.

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Already answered that question. Just the fact you keep going back to it either means you like to run in circles or you just flat out know it's true.

Why do u continue to dodge my question on Ray Rice?

I've asked it 5 times now.

Why would the NFL act like they didn't know the Ray Rice elevator video existed?

So TMZ could call them out? Please dude. Do the math.

So you admitted you made up your statement that the NFL punished the Pats for videotaping the Steelers before the 2001 AFC Championship game? I must have missed that.

Now did you intentionally lie when you made that statement or were you just ignorant?

As for Ray Rice, I have no clue why the NFL lied or didn't lie about it. I know Mueller just issued the report saying they didn't see the video before the punished Rice.

However, if your argument is that the NFL is just trying to protect its brand, then, again, why blow the whistle on the Pats and the Saints and make a big public spectacle out of it? Why not, as you insinuate, just sweep those violations under the carpet?

Bunkamania

ESPN Defector
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*2001 SB because refs call tuck rule in AFCG
*2003 SB because
*2004 SB just because
*2007 18-1 SB loss because caught filming in first game vs Jets
*2014 Div game because Harbaugh doesn't agree with rules and trickery
#2014 SB if they win just because of all the things hoodie does

You forgot to mention that ex-con on the snowplow. Don't you guys, to this day, worship that thing in a museum?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May I please just take a moment to LOL @ Robert Kraft, Tom Brady, the entire Pats organization, as well as their fans, the city of Foxboro and greater Boston, the state of Taxachuessets and the New England region as a whole? :L

It's a tarnished organization from tip to bottom. You can't talk about one championship without a controversy in some case multiple controversies attached to it.really makes you question their "success" and the integrity if the franchise. They've made a living in exploiting the system

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's look at facts in MASS terms:

Fact: 2008 opening game versus the Jets, the Pats were busted for video taping defensive signals and received a $500,000 fine and lost a 1st round draft pick

Fact: that was the ONLY time the Pats did this. :lol;

Fact: players from the steelers and rams have accused the Pats of knowing their plays.

Fact: 2000-2002 a former Pats assistant turns in video and NFL confiscates them, never letting anyone see them.

Fact: NFL says they didn't know about the ray rice video

It's all bullshit and u know it

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a tarnished organization from tip to bottom. You can't talk about one championship without a controversy in some case multiple controversies attached to it.really makes you question their "success" and the integrity if the franchise. They've made a living in exploiting the system

Pats fan comes up with something real intelligent and original like "if you ain't cheatin you ain't tryin" in 3... 2... 1... :L

I totally get that the Patriots are always working the angles and doing whatever they can to get an unfair advantage (translate: cheat). What I don't get is the almost constant moral indignation from their fans when they get called out for it. It's okay for them to joke about it, but we're not allowed to discuss it for some reason.

Amazing. :rollseyes:

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot to mention that ex-con on the snowplow. Don't you guys, to this day, worship that thing in a museum?

The list was close they it is still missing some questionable calls and games. As well as how many teams they utilized video tapes if signals with. All their visor footage was taken by the league we may never know the full extent of abuse to the system

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fact: 2000-2002 a former Pats assistant turns in video and NFL confiscates them, never letting anyone see them.

Fact: The United State Justice Dept. will neither confirm nor deny that the Pats assistant is now under the protection of the federal Witness Protection Program.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said the punishment of $500,000 and losing a first rounder for videoing a regular season game seems massive.

The league gave them that because they new the Pats have been video taping for years.

Or do you really think that the pats only video taped 1 team, 1 time and that's when they got busted? :pound:

It doesn't take a genius to figure out but I guess when u are in denial it's hard to not be blind.

Yes the NFL holds back info and yes they did the same thing with Ray rice in the elevator.

Money! $$$$$$

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats fan comes up with something real intelligent and original like "if you ain't cheatin you ain't tryin" in 3... 2... 1... :L

I totally get that the Patriots are always working the angles and doing whatever they can to get an unfair advantage (translate: cheat). What I don't get is the almost constant moral indignation from their fans when they get called out for it. It's okay for them to joke about it, but we're not allowed to discuss it for some reason.

Amazing. :rollseyes:

I don't understand it or how a fan of the nfl could condone something that reflects the integrity of the league. I praise guys like Joe Montana even though he was a niner. True champions get there through hard work. They don't rely on working the rules in order to get an edge. Brady could learn a thing or two from his childhood idol. I know the media tries to push the Brady Montana angle hard. But the two do not belong in the same sentence. Montana was a true great and a leader and example on the field. You would have never seen him depending on a corrupt system not making a debacle if himself during a game or interview. A professional and a sportsman

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said the punishment of $500,000 and losing a first rounder for videoing a regular season game seems massive.

The league gave them that because they new the Pats have been video taping for years.

Or do you really think that the pats only video taped 1 team, 1 time and that's when they got busted? :pound:

It doesn't take a genius to figure out but I guess when u are in denial it's hard to not be blind.

Yes the NFL holds back info and yes they did the same thing with Ray rice in the elevator.

Money! $$$$$$

You don't even have the timeline correct. The Pats were fined in early 2007 for the Jets game. It wasn't until the following winter and spring that the allegations about the Rams came out. The NFL's punishment had already been rendered.

you can't have it both ways: the Pats are in cohoots with the NFL and that's why they didn't get punished for 2001 taping of Rams and Steelers -or- the NFL knew the Pats had been cheating 6 years earlier and that's why they hit them with a harsh penalty in 2007

Pick one.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pa·thet·ic
pəˈTHedik/
adjective
arousing pity, especially through vulnerability or sadness.
"she looked so pathetic that I bent down to comfort her"
synonyms: pitiful, pitiable, piteous, moving, touching, poignant, plaintive, distressing, upsetting, heartbreaking, heart-rending, harrowing, wretched, forlorn
"a pathetic groan"
informal
miserably inadequate.
"his test scores in Chemistry were pathetic"
synonyms: feeble, woeful, sorry, poor, pitiful, lamentable, deplorable, contemptible, inadequate, paltry, insufficient, unsatisfactory
"a pathetic excuse"
archaic
relating to the emotions.

Bunkamania

ESPN Defector
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"After the spygate videos surfaced the Patriots should have been abolished from the league."
-Ray Rice

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pa·thet·ic
pəˈTHedik/
adjective
arousing pity, especially through vulnerability or sadness.
"she looked so pathetic that I bent down to comfort her"
synonyms: pitiful, pitiable, piteous, moving, touching, poignant, plaintive, distressing, upsetting, heartbreaking, heart-rending, harrowing, wretched, forlorn
"a pathetic groan"
informal
miserably inadequate.
"his test scores in Chemistry were pathetic"
synonyms: feeble, woeful, sorry, poor, pitiful, lamentable, deplorable, contemptible, inadequate, paltry, insufficient, unsatisfactory
"a pathetic excuse"
archaic
relating to the emotions.

Personally, I think "pathetic, deplorable, contemptible" are the most fitting. Which would you use to describe the Pats over the last dozen years or so, Homer?