• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why do the Pats

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get so defensive every time they benefit from sketchy behaviors? Throughout their success there has been a trend of systems and rules they benefit from. It started with the tuck rule that snuck them into their first Super Bowl. From there they had spy gate. Yesterday they played a formations utilizing eligible receiver substitutions to gain an edge over the bit more defense. Whether it is within the red or not Harbaugh has a legitimate gripe. I've always thought football should be played in the field and games should not be won by coaches behind closed doors. This is why I'll always question the recent success of Brady and the Pats. And never understand why they get so upset when called out by fans and other teams :noidea:

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, let's just do away with coaches and strategies. That'll work fine :whistle:

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You lose all cred because you are complaining about so called illegal formations in which Oregon uses many formations that may be sketchy and U.S.C. is very well known for cheating. Yes the Patriots cheated to get there rings. Everyone knows that but Patriots fans but they did nothing wrong to anyones knowledge this year. Troll thread here in my opinion. Just saying.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't invent the tuck rule. It was already in place but yes, they benefitted from a little known rule at the time. You want to blame them for that? And you want to blame them for 'sketchy' behavior by following the rules as they properly did Saturday? Are you saying coaches don't devise game plans behind closed doors?

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get so defensive every time they benefit from sketchy behaviors? Throughout their success there has been a trend of systems and rules they benefit from. It started with the tuck rule that snuck them into their first Super Bowl. From there they had spy gate. Yesterday they played a formations utilizing eligible receiver substitutions to gain an edge over the bit more defense. Whether it is within the red or not Harbaugh has a legitimate gripe. I've always thought football should be played in the field and games should not be won by coaches behind closed doors. This is why I'll always question the recent success of Brady and the Pats. And never understand why they get so upset when called out by fans and other teams :noidea:

Bill Bellicheck has made a career out of exploting the rules. If it's gray, he'll do it.

I don't know that they got mad at being called out so much as Brady just said that Harbaugh needed to read the rules.

Not that the Ravens are angels either. They cut block on every play, so Harbaugh can zip it.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, let's just do away with coaches and strategies. That'll work fine :whistle:

I agree pretty lame. As much as it pains me to say it that was very well ran by the Patriots the play that some seem to have a problem with.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's comical as they're proud of their coaches ability to gain advantages whether it be through cheating or not...but when confronted they've become weekly professional defense attorneys for their POS coach. At least Sonny fully admits that his coach is good at that stuff and takes it in stride but the rest are drinking the kool-aid that's for sure...still not good enough to win a championship of late even with good teams.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like flies to shit..here comes FinFan.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's not about coaches and strategies.Everyone appreciates a great defensive game plan to counter an offense or a genius offensive strategy to counter a top tier offense. It's about sketchy coaches looking for an unfair edge to compensate for team flaws. Coaching isn't about looking for loopholes in the rule book. So many questions about the success of the pats

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this because of the harbaugh complaining?

If rules aren't broken, you just don't liek them...tough. If the league doesn't like them, they will change them. happens all the time. But just because a team spends the time to exploit the rules, I say kudos to that. That's how people get rich, it's also how teams win. You work within the rules.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's comical as they're proud of their coaches ability to gain advantages whether it be through cheating or not...but when confronted they've become weekly professional defense attorneys for their POS coach. At least Sonny fully admits that his coach is good at that stuff and takes it in stride but the rest are drinking the kool-aid that's for sure...still not good enough to win a championship of late even with good teams.

I wouldn't be proud

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do agree that in this instance it was legal but BB knew that the incompetent refs would screw things up and leave him with an advantage. Pretty cheap especially in a playoff game. Every week it's something...

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this because of the harbaugh complaining?

If rules aren't broken, you just don't liek them...tough. If the league doesn't like them, they will change them. happens all the time. But just because a team spends the time to exploit the rules, I say kudos to that. That's how people get rich, it's also how teams win. You work within the rules.

Yes and no. It's not the first time the pats have benefitted from rules. As far as Harbaugh yes it was within the rules, but he has a legitimate gripe. Rules are in place to keep the clean and police the players. When coaches use the rules for an advantage or benefit from rules it lowers the integrity if the league.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do agree that in this instance it was legal but BB knew that the incompetent refs would screw things up and leave him with an advantage. Pretty cheap especially in a playoff game. Every week it's something...

He knew what he was doing and that it would give his team an unfair edge. Within the re book or not it's sketchy

thisistheyear

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and no. It's not the first time the pats have benefitted from rules. As far as Harbaugh yes it was within the rules, but he has a legitimate gripe. Rules are in place to keep the clean and police the players. When coaches use the rules for an advantage or benefit from rules it lowers the integrity if the league.

Isn't that what the rules are for? To be followed?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Bellicheck has made a career out of exploting the rules. If it's gray, he'll do it.

I don't know that they got mad at being called out so much as Brady just said that Harbaugh needed to read the rules.

Not that the Ravens are angels either. They cut block on every play, so Harbaugh can zip it.

Not defending the ravens. But there are several questions around bellicheck and the Pats. I can't recall one year the pats had success without a question mark or asterisk looming around it

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's only because it was the Pats that came up with this strategy. If it was Pete Carroll or Jason Garrett they would have been lauded for their ingenuity. So please..stop the fucking nonsense on plays the league deemed legal.

Marley

Evil Incorporated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's only because it was the Pats that came up with this strategy. If it was Pete Carroll or Jason Garrett they would have been lauded for their ingenuity. So please..stop the fucking nonsense on plays the league deemed legal.
Yep.