• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why do the Pats

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best was when the Patriots video taped the Steelers before the 2001 AFC Championship and were fined $500,000 and lost a #1 draft pick.

But they didn't video tape the Rams pre-game walk thru before the Super Bowl tho.. :whistle:

And so became the Patriots "dynasty"

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are deflecting the problem with what he did the D needs some notice to line up the refs aren't supposed to set the ball immediately to have a quick snap. Guaranteed this gets fixed.

No one's bitching about flea flickers and shit you are an idiot for even suggesting this...

I'm just saying deception is an inherent part of the game including formation changes.

If Bellichick looked at the rule book to ensure that he was following the rules than that's not sleazy at all. It's being thorough.

The defense has the right to respond. They don't have the right to stall the offense because they aren't ready either. Which I absolutely positively guarantee they'll do if they can.. Hmmmm?

So yeah let the competition committee think about it. They can decide if the 10 seconds or so was insufficient.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So why would they look at it if there's no problem? Tell me that you bunch of tools.

The logical answer is because it's an issue they have not had to confront in the last. Just because you are doing something within the rules does not mean it isn't crooked. Bellicheck has made his living off of abusing the system and been the beneficiary of the system for years. How many of his key victories are embedded with controversy? I'm throwing facts out there that holds significant amount of weight in regards to the past and present success and questionable events in respect to the patriots methods and history. Guess it's easier to call someone a troll when you have no legitimate answer to counter the argument

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best was when the Patriots video taped the Steelers before the 2001 AFC Championship and were fined $500,000 and lost a #1 draft pick.

But they didn't video tape the Rams pre-game walk thru before the Super Bowl tho.. :whistle:

LOL. Yeah except that never happened. Of course it does explain to Steelers fans why the Steelers gagged up a big fur ball that day which is the whole point.

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't suppose you have any semblance of a source for this, do you?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

May be the most tarnished "dynasty" in the history if the NFL. In retrospect when compared to the saints penalties for targeting players and given what the oats gained " a Super Bowl victory".The fine and loss of a first round pick is very lenient. The nfl's inconsistencies is very bad for the credibility of the league. Truth is the oats should not have been in that Super Bowl Brady fumbled

Last edited by a moderator:

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So why would they look at it if there's no problem? Tell me that you bunch of tools.

Because a hot head coach after blowing two 14 point leads and getting fooled out of his shorts complained about it?

If it was that critical. He could of and should of called a time out to reset his defenses. It's done all the time.

To not do that but instead to complain and draw a penalty instead of doing that is basically bad coaching...

(Which btw is probably what a good coach like perhaps someone like Belichick would have done)

Because it's a sports controversy and the NFL Insiders can discuss it?

And then afterwards when the rules are outlined and the Patriots are found to have followed them according to the book, they're accused of being sleazy?

Last edited by a moderator:

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this the normal response they have when addressed with a legitimate question? I was expecting intelligent conversation and replies? All I've received is excuses, deflections, posts directed at me rather than the topic, etc....... I'm still waiting for a real response to the questions and points I've addressed :noidea:

Unfortunately it's typical...someone should write a paper on them. Pats fans have become so defensive because of all of the scandals that they only know how to lash out....yet they are proud of their coaches accomplishments especially when devious at the same time denying any wrong doing. It's really quite comical when you really look at it. Most of us Fin fans have somehow been called trolls on our own board if you can believe it. Misguided souls...yet Bruin fans are fine very strange indeed.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/14/sports/football/14patriots.html?_r=0

The Patriots were video taping other teams for years. Go back and read what Steelers players and Rams players said about those playoff games in 2001-2002.

Even the almighty Kurt Warner said they had our plays. But hey.. it's all good! I'm sure karma will give you another dose and I will enjoy watching it.

You get fined $500,000 and lose a 1st round draft for nothing? :lol:

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just saying deception is an inherent part of the game including formation changes.

If Bellichick looked at the rule book to ensure that he was following the rules than that's not sleazy at all. It's being thorough.

The defense has the right to respond. They don't have the right to stall the offense because they aren't ready either. Which I absolutely positively guarantee they'll do if they can.. Hmmmm?

So yeah let the competition committee think about it. They can decide if the 10 seconds or so was insufficient.

Well they're going to look at it as we're not the only ones out there that believe that there's a flaw in the rule that BB took advantage of....the defender has the right to be able to determine who's eligible and get over to cover him no? Has to be enough time to run across the line in some instances...but according to pats fans that's wrong you should have to burn a TO on every play this happens.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately it's typical...someone should write a paper on them. Pats fans have become so defensive because of all of the scandals that they only know how to lash out....yet they are proud of their coaches accomplishments especially when devious at the same time denying any wrong doing. It's really quite comical when you really look at it. Most of us Fin fans have somehow been called trolls on our own board if you can believe it. Misguided souls...yet Bruin fans are fine very strange indeed.

Yep. Next week it's the AFC Championship game in Foxboro. Lead by the best QB of all time and the Smartest Coach evah in NFL history.

I'm so ashamed.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tis true bruins fans do discuss the topics even when they are not favorable. At least I finally got an answer to part of the question. The Pats system, tactics and politics are a big part if the reason most people don't out Brady in their top 5 qb's. In any other situation he doesn't have success.

Sgthall999

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tis true bruins fans do discuss the topics even when they are not favorable. At least I finally got an answer to part of the question. The Pats system, tactics and politics are a big part if the reason most people don't out Brady in their top 5 qb's. In any other situation he doesn't have success.

:pound: Since you say "most", find three sources that don't have Brady in the top 5

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nothing like some fresh Kool aid while i'm watching videos :whistle:

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/14/sports/football/14patriots.html?_r=0

The Patriots were video taping other teams for years. Go back and read what Steelers players and Rams players said about those playoff games in 2001-2002.

Even the almighty Kurt Warner said they had our plays. But hey.. it's all good! I'm sure karma will give you another dose and I will enjoy watching it.

You get fined $500,000 and lose a 1st round draft for nothing? :lol:

again. where in that articles does it say the Pats were videotaping the Steelers in 2001 before the AFC championship game. The pats got busted from taping from an unauthorized position on the field after the Jets game early in the 2007 season.

Still waiting on a source that said the Pats got fined and lost the draft pick for taping the Steelers in 2001 before the AFC championship game.

Or you can admit you made that up. Either way.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they're going to look at it as we're not the only ones out there that believe that there's a flaw in the rule that BB took advantage of....the defender has the right to be able to determine who's eligible and get over to cover him no? Has to be enough time to run across the line in some instances...but according to pats fans that's wrong you should have to burn a TO on every play this happens.

They were told by the refs. Don't cover the ineligible players. They had between 7 to 10 seconds to react. In the same manner they have 7-10 seconds to react to other movement along the line all the time. You know being football and all.

And yes if after 3 times the players are incapable of figuring this out the coach should have burnt a timeout to reorganize his disorganized defense. Coaches do that all the time particularly if they see their defense out of position.

Good ones anyways.

You know when Belichick loses he acknowledges that he could have done a better job coaching.