• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why do the Pats

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wasn't it Miami that first came up with the Wildcat and the Pats didn't have an answer for it at first? Damn cheaters!!

Seriously lol. Seattle with the read option! DECEPTIVE! CHEATERS!

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was it against the rules? No. Therefore, what's the problem?

Seems like Harbaugh is whining just like his brother. Maybe design a defense that doesn't rely on match ups (see Seattle) or just play zone D if they do that.

As long as it's not against the rules, it's smart play. And Brady is absolutely right, go learn the rules. Still baffles me that a head coach didn't know a game could end in a tie. -_-

It's not always about the rule book playing the rules rather than the game to gain an edge can be just as bad as breaking the rules. People commit crimes within our legal system and get a pass quite a bit. Because they play the system it doesn't excuse their actions nor does it validate their actions

wyatt1881

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please explain how the tuck rule is the Patriots fault? What exactly did they do wrong?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't understand how anyone can justify it as a fan of the game. Since Pete Carroll and USC was brought up I'll use that as an example. USC was caught violating the rules of the ncaa which are different. Regardless if what actually occurred Pete Caroll and the institution were held accountable for the events that took place. They were forced to vacate all their wins as well as their title. And were imposed with sanctions and probation. As a Trojans fan I will not excuse them for that period or get defensive regardless of what happened I don't claim those years in their national championships. When you bring up the pats championships or it is talked about there are always underlying discussions. Their first win will always be tied to the tuck rule. You have spygate and should they win this year the ravens game will be part of the discussion. I don't understand why pats fans get so upset talk about feelings or thumb you down instead of giving examples or a rebuttal to the debate. There are always going to be question marks. As a fan of the NFL in general I believe they need to make changes to give the league it's integrity back. I do applaud Seattle for putting together a talented team to counteract some if the poor officiating and handling of the league. It speaks volumes for them as a team to be skilled enough to not put themselves in the position to be effected by the league

blue_suns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at the Pats fans claiming someone was whining when Brady had the biggest bitchfit in the game.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*2001 SB because refs call tuck rule in AFCG
*2003 SB because
*2004 SB just because
*2007 18-1 SB loss because caught filming in first game vs Jets
*2014 Div game because Harbaugh doesn't agree with rules and trickery
#2014 SB if they win just because of all the things hoodie does

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't understand how anyone can justify it as a fan of the game. Since Pete Carroll and USC was brought up I'll use that as an example. USC was caught violating the rules of the ncaa which are different. Regardless if what actually occurred Pete Caroll and the institution were held accountable for the events that took place. They were forced to vacate all their wins as well as their title. And were imposed with sanctions and probation. As a Trojans fan I will not excuse them for that period or get defensive regardless of what happened I don't claim those years in their national championships. When you bring up the pats championships or it is talked about there are always underlying discussions. Their first win will always be tied to the tuck rule. You have spygate and should they win this year the ravens game will be part of the discussion. I don't understand why pats fans get so upset talk about feelings or thumb you down instead of giving examples or a rebuttal to the debate. There are always going to be question marks. As a fan of the NFL in general I believe they need to make changes to give the league it's integrity back. I do applaud Seattle for putting together a talented team to counteract some if the poor officiating and handling of the league. It speaks volumes for them as a team to be skilled enough to not put themselves in the position to be effected by the league

Most Hawk fans will tell you what we think about the league,very little faith too much politics.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at the Pats fans claiming someone was whining when Brady had the biggest bitchfit in the game.

Since I'm looking for honest opinions without feelings I'll try it this way. Anyone who thinks the patriots have benefited from the league and the rules, and thinks their run has been sketchy and questionable thumb down my OP or any other post whatever's easier I'll check in later after the NCG to tally them up.I'm curious as to how may people share the opinion and see the way they play the system as detrimental to the integrity of the league

Last edited by a moderator:

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey ratbird,.....YOU'd be "bitching" too if you got kneed in the face. ,.........here's a ~hanky~ for you/your whiny HC....!,..... Have a nice off- season...!

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldn't call going after a D lineman as whining, of course he would have got the snot kicked out of him

Marley

Evil Incorporated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As was the alabama lsu game.
Follow the discussion, it was relevant because of the amount of inane whining going on in here over a legal play. And if you care to listen to Harbaugh, he stated that nobody had seen anything like that before but there it was, in plain sight at the Bama/LSU game.

NCAa and the NFL are two different animals with different systems and res altogether.
Rules for eligible and ineligible receivers are the same in both. Try again.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Follow the discussion, it was relevant because of the amount of inane whining going on in here over a legal play. And if you care to listen to Harbaugh, he stated that nobody had seen anything like that before but there it was, in plain sight at the Bama/LSU game.

Interesting. I did not watch the Bama/LSU game but we all know Saban is very good friends with BB. Did Saban give BB the idea or vice versa?

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do agree that in this instance it was legal but BB knew that the incompetent refs would screw things up and leave him with an advantage. Pretty cheap especially in a playoff game. Every week it's something...

And another idiotic post by fff.

How were the refs incompetent in regards to those three plays? Please enlighten us, since they followed the rules and enforced them to the letter on each of those three plays.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. I did not watch the Bama/LSU game but we all know Saban is very good friends with BB. Did Saban give BB the idea or vice versa?

Sure Saban was part of the Belichick coaching tree along with Balt GM Ozzie Newsome. Should have taught Harbaugh some tricks he learned under BB. Funny thing too when Harbaugh was interviewing for the HC job, BB vouched for him to Ozzie and then he starts badmouthing him about Spygate, pretty classy if you ask me

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and no. It's not the first time the pats have benefitted from rules. As far as Harbaugh yes it was within the rules, but he has a legitimate gripe. Rules are in place to keep the clean and police the players. When coaches use the rules for an advantage or benefit from rules it lowers the integrity if the league.

So they followed the rules and you have an issue with it. OK fine.

Now list which rules they are supposed to follow and which ones they are not.

Those three plays aren't new to football, they have been around for decades. Brady is right, the Ravens should maybe study the rules a bit more.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The games are completely different. The other rules within the college game impact the entire scenerio. If I was to break it down and discuss that topic it would take up pages. I would prefer to stay on the topic of the Patriots in perspective of how they play the system within the nfl along with the question marks and not deflect from it. As I said it's not always the rules in general but intent plays a big part. I'll be back later

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I understand of the situation it isn't anything that the Patriots did as much as what the officials failed to do.

Harbaugh went onto the field to clear up the confusion that was being created due to the inept officiating. Afterwards, the crew made adjustments and kept the Ravens D a little more informed.

Then you don't understand the rules. The officials didn't fail to do anything. They followed the rules as written.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not always about the rule book playing the rules rather than the game to gain an edge can be just as bad as breaking the rules. People commit crimes within our legal system and get a pass quite a bit. Because they play the system it doesn't excuse their actions nor does it validate their actions

Deception is part of the game and there's always a balance between fair and unfair.

Defensive players jump around and disguise their defensive formations to keep offenses off balanced. It's part of the game.

(Defensive played used to yell out fake hut counts in an effort to draw an offsides and now they can't)

Defensive players can change formations and disguise the play's true intent within the rules. It's part of the game.

It's important to know the rules enough to know what's legal deception and what isn't.

The Patriots were just trying to keep the defense off-balance and were within the limits of the rules in doing it.

It just took Haubaugh time to catch on.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wake up BB knew the refs would be all messed up that's why he took advantage otherwise why do it. Because of it he had wide open receivers...until they could get their heads out of their asses. It's fine to run a trick play the Edelman play was great but to abuse the officials to gain an unfair edge is a little too much. Even the boys on the NFL channel were joking about how bad that was.

The refs weren't confused though. You just don't understand the rules.

In fact the refs so how confused the Ravens were and on one of those plays, specifically stated to the defense not to cover the player, ergo acting as defensive coord. for the Ravens, something they are in fact not supposed to do.

If you are going to whine you should at least study the rules first so you don't look like a bigger moron than you normally do.:pound: