• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why Do Falcons Need a New Stadium?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Georgia Dome is only 20 years old. Perhaps rmilia can shed light on this.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking the same thing. It looks like a nice field, but maybe it is already in bad shape? Or possibly just a ploy to get a Superbowl.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking the same thing. It looks like a nice field, but maybe it is already in bad shape? Or possibly just a ploy to get a Superbowl.

It does look like a nice field. The Georgia Dome hosted the Super Bowl in 1994 and 2000, and is the annual site of the SEC champ. game and the Chick-Fil-A Bowl. It has to be in pretty good shape, one would think.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the Falcons want to play on grass.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it is a matter of needing one, but just wanting one in order to keep up with the new stadiums and the movement of increasing the size of premium club seating. Just look at the 49ers set up of club seats for the new stadium compared to Candlestick.

http://prod.static.49ers.clubs.nfl.com/assets/docs/49ersSeatingMap.pdf

New Santa Clara Stadium

Candlestick has 9 sections of premium seating, and the new Santa Clara stadium will have 28 such sections... and just look at the cost per ticket at each of the premium club seating sections. Even the cheapest premium section in Santa Clara costs more than Candlestick's best seats.

Looking at the Georgia Dome website they have 18 sections of premium club seating, I guess they want to get up near 30 like the rest of the newer stadiums.

I don't know though, I don't feel like the Falcons have much to complain about because they weren't trying to make a baseball stadium work for them like the 49ers were...

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it is a matter of needing one, but just wanting one in order to keep up with the new stadiums and the movement of increasing the size of premium club seating. Just look at the 49ers set up of club seats for the new stadium compared to Candlestick.

http://prod.static.49ers.clubs.nfl.com/assets/docs/49ersSeatingMap.pdf

New Santa Clara Stadium

Candlestick has 9 sections of premium seating, and the new Santa Clara stadium will have 28 such sections... and just look at the cost per ticket at each of the premium club seating sections. Even the cheapest premium section in Santa Clara costs more than Candlestick's best seats.

Looking at the Georgia Dome website they have 18 sections of premium club seating, I guess they want to get up near 30 like the rest of the newer stadiums.

I don't know though, I don't feel like the Falcons have much to complain about because they weren't trying to make a baseball stadium work for them like the 49ers were...

Good points, but if I am an Atlanta taxpayer I would question why $200 million of public money needs to be spent on a new stadium when the current one still appears to be one of the premier football venues in the country. Oh well, it's not my money, and they've probably already had a public discourse on that issue in Atlanta.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the funniest comments I read was that the Georgia Dome isn't even old enough to legally drink. LOL.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good points, but if I am an Atlanta taxpayer I would question why $200 million of public money needs to be spent on a new stadium when the current one still appears to be one of the premier football venues in the country. Oh well, it's not my money, and they've probably already had a public discourse on that issue in Atlanta.

I think I would too, because their stadium just doesn't seem that bad. I would be wondering why they just can't renovate it. I mean obviously they can't add seating the way the Bears and Packers did since it isn't an outside stadium, but they could change some of the normal bowl seating to premium club seating sections if they wanted to generate more money.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they need kleenex for all the seats

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they need a new field. That one they have is dangerous to the knees. just ask Hearst.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they need a new field. That one they have is dangerous to the knees. just ask Hearst.

I think they did change the field since then. Arthur Blank upgraded it to Field Turf. I don't think any NFL stadium has Astro Turf.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they did change the field since then. Arthur Blank upgraded it to Field Turf. I don't think any NFL stadium has Astro Turf.

Very true, they switched to field turf in 2003, a few years after Hearst fell victim to the astroturf demon.