• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why did he lay down?

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Dom Capers gets thrown under the bus for that yet no one gives him credit for his squad's 4 takeaways.

You just can't please some people.

I thought the GB DC called a great game...but that 1st SH TD never should have happened IF that stupid "prevent to win" D was not called...NO PZ?

Don't believe I ever saw Capers do it again in the game, including during that 4th quart meltdown.

I have said there was plenty of blame to go around in the Packer locker room and that I do not blame your DC solely for the loss. Hardly throwing Capers "under the bus" either.

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line, this comeback (like most great comebacks) doesn't happen without at least some cooperation by the Packers.

That is one of the best ways I have heard it put. Seattle had to play great (of course) but given the situation, they could have played perfect football in the last 5 minutes and still lost without some bone headed plays by the Packers.

I would really like to be gracious in defeat here and say something like "the better team won" but god, I still feel sick over this.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is one of the best ways I have heard it put. Seattle had to play great (of course) but given the situation, they could have played perfect football in the last 5 minutes and still lost without some bone headed plays by the Packers.

I would really like to be gracious in defeat here and say something like "the better team won" but god, I still feel sick over this.

Yeah. I don't know if the Packers or Seahawks are the better team. I do know that that they are both pretty darn good and that the Packers played better for 55 of the 60 minutes.

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not like he couldn't have run with both hands on the ball. Could have picked up plenty of yards.

Like some have said-it was lots of things that contributed to the choke/comeback

Although if that onsides was fielded properly...

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GB lost because AR was gimping. A healthy Rogers and this games ends differently. But the fact is he was gimping and the Seattle made it happen.

I didn't care who won, but it was a great one to watch though. A hell of a lot better than the beating NE put on Indy.

Yea.......No other team has ever played GB with any of their stars hurting. :rollseyes:

Its part of the game.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I am not mistaken players were telling him to go down... What happened was highly unlikely to have happen or happen at all but technically a smart move. Turned out to be a bad decision but hindsight is 20/20. He did have plenty of room to run and chose not too, just like Bostick had the chance to catch the ball and did it, sometimes instincts just take over.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The recovered onside kick really was the momentum builder.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going down was the correct move. I still remember Marlon Mcgree in the Chargers/Patriots game, I wanna say divisional round in 2006? Mcgree picks off Brady and appears to end the game but then fumbles before he goes down. Brady gets another shot for the go ahead score. I think thats the game that got Marty fired down there after they went 14-2.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because at that point, it appeared that Seattle's only shot would be if he had fumbled trying to get unnecessary yardage giving the ball right back to Seattle. 99% of the time, he does that, the offense comes out and gets a first down or 2 and the game is over.

No way for him to know that the offense would go 3 and out and the Seahawks would score 15 points in 44 seconds. Especially with how bad their offense had been all game long.

He made the right play, it was just that 1 time out of 100 when weird crap happened.

Nah, not buying it. Bad decision. Run for as many yards as can be had. Give the offense the best field position possible, regardless of the lead or time, but especially with that small lead and amount of time.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is this mentality among NFL champion wannabes to play not to lose instead of keeping your foot on the accelerator for 60 minutes. You don't give a team like Seattle any chances-ever. I don't care how many minutes are left. It's about using your head and many teams just don't get it. You won't see Bellicheat taking his foot off the accelerator. 45 to 7. You keep scoring until the final gun sounds. That's why the New Englands of the world are always a threat to win it all.

This.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good read...

Seattles first score never should have happened had Dom Capers put pressure on Wilson on a drive where the SeaHawks needed 31 yards for a first down...rushing 3 DL with 5 OL to block is just stupid.

I couldn't help but laugh watching Wilson roam around waiting for holes in that zone D to open up.

Wasn't Dom Capers a defensive coordinator for New England?

For a year?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're a Patriot fan you should know why, since your team won a playoff game in 2006 because Marlon "Dumbest Fuck in Charger History" McCree didn't lay down, and it cost my team one of their best chances ever at a possible championship.

2006?

Slept since then.

How much time on the clock when McCree dumbfucked you?

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Green Bay gifted that game to Seattle in many different ways. Something tells me the patriots won't do the same. Any word on Sherman's injury? Or was he milking it?

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought this thread was about AR laying down after that interception and was gonna point the blame for that loss where it belongs, solely on Mike McCarthy for playing scared for the last 5 minutes or so....I know he figured his D could stop them but you have to keep your foot on the pedal against good teams in playoffs....One mistake and the game was changed....
Props to Seattle, I still don't know how they accomplished that win after 4 turnovers and I don't know how many 3 and outs, phenomenal win...:yo:

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious question, I just do not understand.
When the Packer made the final interception Morgan Burnett (I think) laid down.
Why?
He appeared to be wide open 20 yards to his right and at least 10 to his left.
Even the commentators said he "wisely" laid down.

Why? at 19-7 with 5 minutes left, the game was far from locked up, so running out the clock and protecting a lead ain't it.

Don't get me wrong, I really don't care who won, would have liked to see a Packer/Patriot rematch, also glad to see Pete back in the big game.

I think he was just being careful and didn't want to fumble it ... He probably felt the game was over with that turn-over and just wanted to give it back to his offense... He probably could a got 10-20 yards on that return... who knows...

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not a ball carrier. Hell, we've seen guys in similar positions cough it up without being touched. Hitting the dirt was fine in that situation.

DonyellFreak

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might be wrong as this play has been discussed at length on another forum I read and the majority think he was right to give himself up, I disagree and felt it was really strange when it happened.

Seahawks had all their time outs and just over five minutes left on the clock, I don't see a reason not to run until someone is closing on you then slide if you are worried about fumbling. There were only offensive linemen and Russell to stop him from breaking it, I guess there is a small chance he gets ran down from behind and stripped by a WR but if he puts G.B. in field goal position ( he seemed to have a ton of open field ahead of him plus teammates to block ) they likely win the game.

Of course there were other plays and decisions that added up to the game going Seattle's way, but what stands out about this play is that Burnett gave himself up so it wasn't a bad bounce or something fluky like the onside kick this was a choice that I believe really hurt the Packers.

I honestly feel for Packer fans, it's a helpless feeling to see your team have a game go like that we just get to root and second guess if something goes.

DonyellFreak

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
252VcdA.jpg

KXPH7ui.png