• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why did 11 - 1 Alabama get picked over 12 - 1 Wisconsin?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t forget the superior education provided too:lol:
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. That superior “General Degree” that most of your players get.

And level playing field is not the same as equal opportunity. Every team has an equal opportunity to sign a player.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all — you stated repeatedly on here how CFB is a level playing field where everyone has equal opportunities. When I ask why Saban wasn’t a great coach at MSU that won ANYTHING — you want to talk how UM and MSU aren’t equal programs. So which one is the truth?

Either some schools have advantages over others or they are on a level playing field and have equal opportunity?

I have advantages over other people and that doesn't mean the playing field isn't level or that equal opportunity isn't available.

Go back to school or something if these concepts are too difficult for you to understand.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rolling Class rankings for the last 12 title winners in the expanded BCS/Playoff era

CLEMSON (15, 16, 9, 11)
ALABAMA (1, 1, 1, 1)
OHIO STATE (18, 6, 5, 2)
FLORIDA STATE (11, 8, 2, 4)
ALABAMA (3, 3, 4, 1)
ALABAMA (12, 3, 3, 4)
AUBURN (11, 9, 21, 23)
ALABAMA (16, 13, 12, 3)
FLORIDA (5, 12, 2, 1)
LSU (3, 4, 14, 8)
TEXAS (1, 8, 9, 13)
USC (20, 8, 2, 2)

Talent does win national titles.

Every single title team had at least ONE TOP TEN CLASS.
10 of the last 12 title teams had at least ONE TOP FIVE CLASSES.
8 of the last 12 title teams had at least TWO TOP FIVE CLASSES.

Because CFB is all about who can collect the most talent. It is why the SEC dominated for years and years, because the overwhelming majority of the top recruits were in the South. It is why the SEC wanted satellite camps banned, because they don’t want schools invading what makes the conference great.

I think Saban is a very good coach, but what makes him great is his location and his recruiting. If you put him back at MSU — he wouldn’t win a national title, because he wouldn’t get the players he can get in the South.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because CFB is all about who can collect the most talent. It is why the SEC dominated for years and years, because the overwhelming majority of the top recruits were in the South. It is why the SEC wanted satellite camps banned, because they don’t want schools invading what makes the conference great.

I think Saban is a very good coach, but what makes him great is his location and his recruiting. If you put him back at MSU — he wouldn’t win a national title, because he wouldn’t get the players he can get in the South.
If you don’t think Saban, the guy who regularly pumps 10 players a year into the NFL, would be unable to get players to come to State, then I don’t know how you are alive because you are too stupid to breathe.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don’t think Saban, the guy who regularly pumps 10 players a year into the NFL, would be unable to get players to come to State, then I don’t know how you are alive because you are too stupid to breathe.

Well you are assuming coaches improve over time.

When the reality is, what Saban did 20 years ago is the same thing he would do now.

Laugh-GIF-Image-16.gif

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you are assuming coaches improve over time.

When the reality is, what Saban did 20 years ago is the same thing he would do now.

Laugh-GIF-Image-16.gif
So Harbaugh will continue to choke and never win an away game against a ranked opponent.

Michigan’s last road win over a ranked opponent was 2006.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you following along with the conversation? I’m talking about UM and MSU educations.

Yeah, I read your conversation and was laughing my ass off at your 'better education' comment. Very few players pick their school because of education.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He’d get players to come to State — Just NOWHERE NEAR the classes he can get in the South. In the SEC — he gets the best of the best from the South. If you think he is going to get those players to come North — you are delusional. It is why it is such a big deal when any top end recruit from the South signs in the North. Those kids have never even seen snow, let alone have to deal with it for half the year.

It is why MSU, like the majority of the teams in the B1G will most likely never win a NC.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’d get players to come to State — Just NOWHERE NEAR the classes he can get in the South. In the SEC — he gets the best of the best from the South. If you think he is going to get those players to come North — you are delusional. It is why it is such a big deal when any top end recruit from the South signs in the North. Those kids have never even seen snow, let alone have to deal with it for half the year.

It is why MSU, like the majority of the teams in the B1G will most likely never win a NC.
Because they are unwilling to pay the top coaches and pay their assistants the money to keep them there. How is it that Michigan is able to get top 5 or 10 classes if it’s not possible to get top end players to come there?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I read your conversation and was laughing my ass off at your 'better education' comment. Very few players pick their school because of education.

Are you joking? One of the biggest selling points for UM is the ability to give athletes a world class education at one of the top universities in the world. These recruits are going to get a degree, Football is just an activity, that allows them to get the education for free.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you joking? One of the biggest selling points for UM is the ability to give athletes a world class education at one of the top universities in the world. These recruits are going to get a degree, Football is just an activity, that allows them to get the education for free.
A world class “General Degree” so they can get that job in the “General” industry.
dHU_large.png

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because they are unwilling to pay the top coaches and pay their assistants the money to keep them there. How is it that Michigan is able to get top 5 or 10 classes if it’s not possible to get top end players to come there?

You pay Dantonio almost 5 million a year. What is it they are unwilling to pay?

And Michigan is able to get players because of the brand, being a blue blood and having a blank check to do whatever they’d like with facilities, etc and a world class education they can offer.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where do you get this shit?

Every year we have recruits from the south on visits and it is the first thing out of their mouth. When the Mississippi players came to visit — the first thing they wanted to do was make snow balls, as Patterson was the only one who had been around snow.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You pay Dantonio almost 5 million a year. What is it they are unwilling to pay?

And Michigan is able to get players because of the brand, being a blue blood and having a blank check to do whatever they’d like with facilities, etc and a world class education they can offer.

And with all that going for you you area 2nd tier team

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every year we have recruits from the south on visits and it is the first thing out of their mouth. When the Mississippi players came to visit — the first thing they wanted to do was make snow balls, as Patterson was the only one who had been around snow.

The idea that it doesn't snow in the south and that 20 year old kids have never seen it is stupid.

Hell I've lived in the midwest where snow starts in October and stays until March and the first thign I'd do if I saw snow....is make a snowball.

They played the Alabama state championship game in the snow just a few weeks ago in Tuscaloosa. And Alabama players were out in the quad....in a snowball fight.

LOOK: Alabama's Bryant-Denny Stadium white with snow; Crimson Tide players have snowball fight

It just melts quickly is all.