• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why did 11 - 1 Alabama get picked over 12 - 1 Wisconsin?

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care who you want to give credit for building it. The point is the same, Harbaugh inherited a talented team and that is why he had success.

Meanwhile, Saban inherited a mess @ Miami.

But it's funny watching you pretend all things are equal while making broad sweeping statements.

You’re not serious with the bolded part are you? Please tell me again you are just joking to get a rise out of trustme. Because even the most clueless blowhard football fan couldn’t come up with this type of stupidity and mean it.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The idea that it doesn't snow in the south and that 20 year old kids have never seen it is stupid.

Hell I've lived in the midwest where snow starts in October and stays until March and the first thign I'd do if I saw snow....is make a snowball.

They played the Alabama state championship game in the snow just a few weeks ago in Tuscaloosa. And Alabama players were out in the quad....in a snowball fight.

LOOK: Alabama's Bryant-Denny Stadium white with snow; Crimson Tide players have snowball fight

It just melts quickly is all.

I’m just repeating what the recruits are quoted as saying. Never seeing snow is one of the most noticeable quotes made and the other is saying they have never owned a winter coat.

I know my wife’s cousin came to visit last year and brought her 16 year old and 8 year old sons — neither had ever seen snow in their life. They live in Florida.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’re not serious with the bolded part are you? Please tell me again you are just joking to get a rise out of trustme. Because even the most clueless blowhard football fan couldn’t come up with this type of stupidity and mean it.

Which part do you think is wrong?

I'm a super 49'rs fan according to people around here, since I've been to so many of their games...nevermind that I'm actually a Bears fan.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’d get players to come to State — Just NOWHERE NEAR the classes he can get in the South. In the SEC — he gets the best of the best from the South. If you think he is going to get those players to come North — you are delusional. It is why it is such a big deal when any top end recruit from the South signs in the North. Those kids have never even seen snow, let alone have to deal with it for half the year.

It is why MSU, like the majority of the teams in the B1G will most likely never win a NC.

Didn't OSU win just a few years ago? lol

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m just repeating what the recruits are quoted as saying. Never seeing snow is one of the most noticeable quotes made and the other is saying they have never owned a winter coat.

I know my wife’s cousin came to visit last year and brought her 16 year old and 8 year old sons — neither had ever seen snow in their life. They live in Florida.

Wouldn't California be a powerhouse of college football if never seeing snow was what helped win?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You pay Dantonio almost 5 million a year. What is it they are unwilling to pay?

And Michigan is able to get players because of the brand, being a blue blood and having a blank check to do whatever they’d like with facilities, etc and a world class education they can offer.
Now tell me how much the assistants are being paid.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which part do you think is wrong?

I'm a super 49'rs fan according to people around here, since I've been to so many of their games...nevermind that I'm actually a Bears fan.

The 49ers were An absolute mess when Harbaugh came on. Not only was their infighting but their offense absolutely sucked. Now I don’t believe it was a whole heck of a lot better after he got there but the results were. They went from 6-10, 8-8 and 7-9 to 13-3, 11-4 And 12-4. That’s a damn good coaching job for inheriting what he inherited.

Sure the dolphins were messy having that terrible year before Saban but the two years prior they went 10-6 and 9-7. I don’t know how you can think Harbaugh inherited a better situation than Saban.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers were An absolute mess when Harbaugh came on. Not only was their infighting but their offense absolutely sucked. Now I don’t believe it was a whole heck of a lot better after he got there but the results were. They went from 6-10, 8-8 and 7-9 to 13-3, 11-4 And 12-4. That’s a damn good coaching job for inheriting what he inherited.

Sure the dolphins were messy having that terrible year before Saban but the two years prior they went 10-6 and 9-7. I don’t know how you can think Harbaugh inherited a better situation than Saban.

The 49'rs got a ton of top draft picks as a result of those seasons is the part you are ignoring.

Because it's the NFL and they reward teams for sucking and punish teams for success.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL, your anecdotal evidence is cute. While I have to admit snow in Tuscaloosa is a rarity, it's not a foreign concept. We got 24 inches of snow in Birmingham when I was at Alabama in '93.

Currently I live in Tampa, they are actually talking potential snow here on Thursday, which would be the first time in 20 plus years....outside of Central and South Florida, I don't know anyplace in the South that doesn't get snow every so often.

But keep telling us about your wife's sisters cousin...she sounds smarter than you...and they sound like hillbillies.

Anybody that's ever spent a summer in Florida or Louisiana might welcome a little snow in their life.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, because the entire south = Florida.

Fuck you are stupid.

Interesting — show me where I said Florida was the entire South? I will wait patiently. Have a feeling I will be waiting as long as I have for you to tell me anything Saban has won outside the SEC.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, your anecdotal evidence is cute. While I have to admit snow in Tuscaloosa is a rarity, it's not a foreign concept. We got 24 inches of snow in Birmingham when I was at Alabama in '93.

Currently I live in Tampa, they are actually talking potential snow here on Thursday, which would be the first time in 20 plus years....outside of Central and South Florida, I don't know anyplace in the South that doesn't get snow every so often.

But keep telling us about your wife's sisters cousin...she sounds smarter than you...and they sound like hillbillies.

Anybody that's ever spent a summer in Florida or Louisiana might welcome a little snow in their life.

Is this when I am supposed to pull a 420 and call you an idiot and say Alabama doesn’t equal the entire South?

I just stated what recruits have said. Period. I can’t give you a breakdown on where they grew up or if they are making it up. But EVERY YEAR — we get visits from recruits who have never seen snow

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting — show me where I said Florida was the entire South? I will wait patiently. Have a feeling I will be waiting as long as I have for you to tell me anything Saban has won outside the SEC.

You are the one using Florida as an example - because it's about the only place you can. I grew up in the south, so I know claims of no snow otherwise are bullshit.

Saban beat Ohio St - twice

When will Harbaugh do that? Or is that just not important?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this when I am supposed to pull a 420 and call you an idiot and say Alabama doesn’t equal the entire South?

I just stated what recruits have said. Period. I can’t give you a breakdown on where they grew up or if they are making it up. But EVERY YEAR — we get visits from recruits who have never seen snow

Alabama is the Heart of Dixie fool.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are the one using Florida as an example - because it's about the only place you can. I grew up in the south, so I know claims of no snow otherwise are bullshit.

Saban beat Ohio St - twice

When will Harbaugh do that? Or is that just not important?

Every year we have recruits from the South and West who say they are seeing snow for the first time.

Here is Otis Reese on his official visit — Leesburg, Georgia
https://www.google.com/amp/s/247spo...County-linebacker-Otis-Reese-las-74944614/Amp

Since Saban beat OSU — why did he get blown out in all three bowl games? And why did he only win more than 7 games once in 5 years?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every year we have recruits from the South and West who say they are seeing snow for the first time.

Here is Otis Reese on his official visit — Leesburg, Georgia
https://www.google.com/amp/s/247spo...County-linebacker-Otis-Reese-las-74944614/Amp

Since Saban beat OSU — why did he get blown out in all three bowl games? And why did he only win more than 7 games once in 5 years?

Are you still trying to pretend that winning a bowl game is more important than beating your rival?

Harbaugh would be fired in the SEC.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh — So Alabama IS the entire South. Wow. You should just stop. You continue to make yourself look more ignorant.

ORRRRR - Alabama is kind of in the middle of it all.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ORRRRR - Alabama is kind of in the middle of it all.

OR I just sent you a link from a Georgia kid who saw snow for the first time on his official visit. Maybe he is lying since you’ve lived everywhere in the South and that’s impossible :lol:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OR I just sent you a link from a Georgia kid who saw snow for the first time on his official visit. Maybe he is lying since you’ve lived everywhere in the South and that’s impossible :lol:

It snowed where he lives 2 weeks ago - and Lee county is almost in Florida.