• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why did 11 - 1 Alabama get picked over 12 - 1 Wisconsin?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to 49'rs games while Harbaugh was coach.

He was only successful because of the defense Singletary built. He helped their offense where Singletary couldn't do shit, but he walked into one of the best situations imaginable.

And it wasn't just the front office/GM that he had grown bad on.

Sorry — had to take the little man to the Christmas festival yesterday.

Yes — a team who hasn’t had a winning record in almost a decade and whose quarterback was Alex Smith. Talk about one of the best situations imaginable.

And the defense ‘Singletary built’ — they were 17th in the NFL the year before Harbaugh took over. The offense was 25th in the NFL.

So — if taking over a team who hasn’t had a winning record in a decade, has Alex Smith at QB and an offense and defense ranked in the bottom half of the NFL is the best situation imaginable. Then yes — he was handed the keys to a Ferrari :lol:

Explain this then — why is it that SF is 10-35 since Harbaugh left?

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ideally you would the think the CFP playoff committee wouldn't care at all about prestige, viewership, etc. But when you start getting down to the fine print of who to take...it was always going to be tough for WISC to overtake the tradition and recent success Bama has had on this stage.

OSU or MICH in the same position as WISC...now it's a lot more difficult decision.

You did see the final rankings, right?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now Saban doesn't develop players?

Is that why Alabama players are known to be more NFL ready than any other team?

I didn’t say he couldn’t. I think Saban is great at getting great players to play along side other great players.

What he isn’t going to do is consistently find 0 star and 2 star guys and turn them into NFL talent as Dantonio has done at MSU. He had the chance to do at MSU what Dantonio has done and couldn’t. At the same time — I don’t thibk Dantonio could do at Alabama what Saban has done because he couldn’t recruit like Saban can.

There is a reason they called the MSU/Alabama game in the CFP the battle of 5 stars vs 3 stars. It is also why Bama can suffer injury after injury and replace them with the next can’t miss HS recruit. It is also why it is laughable when Saban says he wants a ‘level playing’, while spending more on jet fuel for his private plane than some teams spend on their entire football budget.

CFB isn’t about who is the best coach — it is about who can collect the most talent. That’s where Saban shines. That’s why he took a 6-6 team and in 4 years, they were still a 6-6 team in the B1G. Because he would never get the type of recruiting classes he could get at an SEC school at MSU — the state of Michigan doesn’t have the elite talent to do that and when they do, MSU has to hope they are in MSU areas of the state or they aren’t getting them.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One game you could bet on, the other game you could not.

Obviously, the FCS team that didn't even get a line is a worse loss than any line 2 P5 schools can have.
BEEP BEEP :shortbus: Your ride is here to get you

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes — a team who hasn’t had a winning record in almost a decade and whose quarterback was Alex Smith. Talk about one of the best situations imaginable.

And the defense ‘Singletary built’ — they were 17th in the NFL the year before Harbaugh took over. The offense was 25th in the NFL.

So — if taking over a team who hasn’t had a winning record in a decade, has Alex Smith at QB and an offense and defense ranked in the bottom half of the NFL is the best situation imaginable. Then yes — he was handed the keys to a Ferrari :lol:

I know you're slow but will you ever figure out that the NFL & CFB aren't the same? Making up your own reality won't change the fact that Saban is the best CFB coach in the country & Yer Boy Jimmy Jam hasn't won a damn thing.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason Alabama gets more recruits than Michigan is that real football players don not want to play for whiny little fan bitches who complain about other team's coaches.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are trying to give the impression that Saban was the better coach in the NFL because he didn’t get fired. Yet I’m the idiot?

I’m just wondering, if you’d ever meet Nick Saban would you wait a specific time or would you just dive in balls deep to his shaft?

Yes, you are the idiot.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t say he couldn’t. I think Saban is great at getting great players to play along side other great players.

What he isn’t going to do is consistently find 0 star and 2 star guys and turn them into NFL talent as Dantonio has done at MSU. He had the chance to do at MSU what Dantonio has done and couldn’t. At the same time — I don’t thibk Dantonio could do at Alabama what Saban has done because he couldn’t recruit like Saban can.

There is a reason they called the MSU/Alabama game in the CFP the battle of 5 stars vs 3 stars. It is also why Bama can suffer injury after injury and replace them with the next can’t miss HS recruit. It is also why it is laughable when Saban says he wants a ‘level playing’, while spending more on jet fuel for his private plane than some teams spend on their entire football budget.

CFB isn’t about who is the best coach — it is about who can collect the most talent. That’s where Saban shines. That’s why he took a 6-6 team and in 4 years, they were still a 6-6 team in the B1G. Because he would never get the type of recruiting classes he could get at an SEC school at MSU — the state of Michigan doesn’t have the elite talent to do that and when they do, MSU has to hope they are in MSU areas of the state or they aren’t getting them.

We have a walk-on starting at CB this year.

You're stupid.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The 49'rs were even worse the years before Singletary. He didn't draft Alex Smith either. The 49'rs had their first .500 record in awhile 2 years prior to Harbaugh under Singletary.

But either way - Harbaugh had success with the team Singletary built and like Michigan now - their record got worse the longer he was there.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^still has no real response

There is nothing to respond to. It's not my fault you can't figure out I was purposely cherry picking and overstating stupid shit to mock someone.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you're slow but will you ever figure out that the NFL & CFB aren't the same? Making up your own reality won't change the fact that Saban is the best CFB coach in the country & Yer Boy Jimmy Jam hasn't won a damn thing.

I think his argument is Saban hasn’t won shit outside the SEC. Which is true.

But yes comparing the two when their successes have come on different levels is out there.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is nothing to respond to. It's not my fault you can't figure out I was purposely cherry picking and overstating stupid shit to mock someone.

If that is true you will have no problem answering this question: who was the better pro coach, Jim Harbaugh or Nick Saban?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think his argument is Saban hasn’t won shit outside the SEC. Which is true.

But yes comparing the two when their successes have come on different levels is out there.

Sure it's true but that's no reason for trustmeimright to continue this rant of his. He just can't/won't accept the fact that Saban has accomplished everything a CFB can while Jimmy Jam has accomplished nothing.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that is true you will have no problem answering this question: who was the better pro coach, Jim Harbaugh or Nick Saban?

Zjwo4.gif

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure it's true but that's no reason for trustmeimright to continue this rant of his. He just can't/won't accept the fact that Saban has accomplished everything a CFB can while Jimmy Jam has accomplished nothing.

Won’t disagree with that. But trustme is not alone in this retard level rant.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly, you can’t say it. You have shown to be nothing but a blowhard homer that is afraid to say anything that criticizes Nick Saban. Only an absolute imbecile would think Nick Saban is worth a damn in the NFL compared to Jim Harbaugh.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Answer this question. What the hell does the NFL have to do w/ CFB? Anyone that brings up what Saban & Jimmy Jam did in the NFL has lost any disagreement about which 1 is the better CFB coach. The NFL & CFB aren't the same.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Answer this question. What the hell does the NFL have to do w/ CFB? Anyone that brings up what Saban & Jimmy Jam did in the NFL has lost any disagreement about which 1 is the better CFB coach. The NFL & CFB aren't the same.

Have you not been reading this thread numbnutz?

Bandwagon pink ears made the accusation that since Saban never got fired in the pro’s, he’s the better pro coach.

That’s exactly what this has to do with this thread and by which it was brought up.

That was easy.