• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why are the Aggies ranked?

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denton does have a certain charm to it.
tenor.gif

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really I just like that old city square they have. The rest was kinda meh.
I'll agree with you on the old downtown square part. It is pretty neat.

Youngest daughter got her Master's at UNT and lives just down I-35W in the Roanoke/Trophy Club/Keller area. Not a fan of the rest of the Denton...but I ain't wild about some of the other DFW Metroplex areas either.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their defense has been terrific outside of the BYU game. You downplayed the stats of those other two games because of the opponent, and I pointed out that Stanford gave up worse numbers to a bad FCS team. Does that mean this is Stanford's worst defense in nearly a decade?

:L

Holy shit. This is where I stop arguing.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could imagine a world where teams suddenly move up right before playing a high ranking team on TV. I don’t think this has ever happened before, but if it did the networks could sell “Bama vs ranked A&M”. The press would have a more interesting game to write about.
“I could imagine a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world because they'd never expect it.”

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Holy shit. This is where I stop arguing.
You pointed to one game against a team that is typically very solid as some kind of indicator that this is now Wisconsin's worst defense in nearly a decade, despite them playing two prior games terrifically on defense. You said even those two games contribute to their, evidently, horrible defense. 3 games into the season. Stanford played worse against a bad FCS team than Wisconsin did in those two early games. Does that also mean this is Stanford's worst defense in nearly a decade? Or does only count for teams in conferences that you are uncontrollably biased against?

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll agree with you on the old downtown square part. It is pretty neat.

Youngest daughter got her Master's at UNT and lives just down I-35W in the Roanoke/Trophy Club/Keller area. Not a fan of the rest of the Denton...but I ain't wild about some of the other DFW Metroplex areas either.
I have to go there every few years for work. But I pretty much stick to campus and the Square... so as far as I'm concerned, that is Denton. LOL

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You pointed to one game against a team that is typically very solid as some kind of indicator that this is now Wisconsin's worst defense in nearly a decade, despite them playing two prior games terrifically on defense. You said even those two games contribute to their, evidently, horrible defense. 3 games into the season. Stanford played worse against a bad FCS team than Wisconsin did in those two early games. Does that also mean this is Stanford's worst defense in nearly a decade? Or does only count for teams in conferences that you are uncontrollably biased against?

BYU, New Mexico and WKU all SUCK on offense this season. Look it up. The fact that BYU scored on half the possessions when they were trying to, should be telling. Also, it's a fact this is Wisconsin's worst defense since 2010. Some of that is because they aren't as good, but mostly because they've had elite/great/very good defenses over that time frame. Couple that with the personnel losses/injuries, I don't know how saying this, could possibly come as being biased. Holy shit.

Stanford has played well defensively in all 3 games thus far. Also UC-Davis literally scored on the last play of the game. This has probably been one of Stanford's best defenses in the same time frame. Outside of one drive against San Diego State, they've looked good.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin better hope their D is still really good be amuse they'll be lucky to hit double digits Saturday !!! Suck it Becky!!

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's just some media days in conference predictions. I don't even know what the point of that article is.

For example:
  • 2017 Clemson predicted finish: Second in the ACC Atlantic
  • 2017 Clemson’s actual finish: First in the ACC Atlantic
  • That’s +1 for the Tigers in 2017 because they outperformed what those in the ACC media thought they’d do.
So basically, what the article proves is Iowa plays in the Big10 West.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it probably is from a national perspective. from 2009-2012, VT's final ranking was worse than their pre-season ranking. they weren't ranked in the pre-season or final polls from 2013-2015. outperformed their pre-season ranking in 2016, didn't live up to in 2017.

Iowa usually isn't ranked in the pre-season polls.

I can't remember the last time I went the majority of the year thinking - when VT plays someone good, they are gonna lose and go down in the ranks.

It seems to be a yearly thing with a Big10 West team.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'll be lucky to beat OSU by year's end. Just like in 2014. Nobody is shutting out OSU this year. Certainly not you guys.

Keep dreaming, You're not going to beat the first team you play with a decent pass rush with that offensive line. No amount of experience is going to make them faster or less flat footed. I will continue to play Haskins in my fantasy league, because that is exactly what he is a fantasy qb playing against phantom defenses. Luckily fantasy season will end before you play anyone with a pulse. If TCU had your defensive line you'd have lost by 3 touchdowns...and TCU is mediocre. Luckily you didn't play Oklahoma again this year. You're the best of a league that doesn't even look good on paper anymore.

You're high if you think Wisconsin dominated the Orange Bowl. They dominated the 2nd quarter, outside of that the game was either a push or in favor of Miami. It was a 3 point game halfway through the 4th quarter. I don't know why I am even defending Miami, as I said, they were overrated in the first place, clearly any team that Alex Hornibrook is able to throw 4 td's on is not good, ergo Wisconsin is not good.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't remember the last time I went the majority of the year thinking - when VT plays someone good, they are gonna lose and go down in the ranks.

It seems to be a yearly thing with a Big10 West team.

the blanket VT and Iowa comparison doesn't any sense to me, but i haven't read the entire conversation so I'm probably missing something

Outside of 2012-2015, VT has been a much better program than Iowa since 1995.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this would never happen in real life, but I could imagine a world where teams suddenly move up right before playing a high ranking team on TV. I don’t think this has ever happened before, but if it did the networks could sell “Bama vs ranked A&M”. The press would have a more interesting game to write about.

No doubt that is why they ranked USC and Texas in the pre-season, so they could televise a ranked vs ranked opponent. Unfortunately, you two perennially overrated pre-season queens had to fuck it up by shitting the bed early. If you want to beat a ranked Texas team, you better do it early...just ask Maryland, she'll tell you.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the blanket VT and Iowa comparison doesn't any sense to me, but i haven't read the entire conversation so I'm probably missing something

Outside of 2012-2015, VT has been a much better program than Iowa since 1995.
Eh. VT was better 96-2001, Iowa was better 02-10, both sucked 11-14, Iowas been slightly better 15-present ( but its close). There arent a lot of programs who have been better than Iowa the last 15 years. Maybe 10-15. VT isn't one of them.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh. VT was better 96-2001, Iowa was better 02-10, both sucked 11-14, Iowas been slightly better 15-present ( but its close). There arent a lot of programs who have been better than Iowa the last 15 years. Maybe 10-15. VT isn't one of them.

probably one of the more homerific posts i have read on this board

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
probably one of the more homerific posts i have read on this board
?? Iowa has 5 top 10s the last 15 years , 3 BCS/NY6 games, a Lombardi winner, a Mackey winner, multiple an Outland winner, a Doak Walker winner, an Obrien winner, a Nagurski winner, a Thorpe winner ,a Groza winner, multiple Heisnan top 5s, more NFL players Maybe you didn't realize? Iowa isn't exactly a limelight program but theyve been far better than VT since 02. The only reason your comment is close to accurate is you said since 95. Of course from 80-94 Iowa was light years better than VT as well