• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why are the Aggies ranked?

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still trying to figure out how ATM is a -27 point dog against Alabama this weekend. That just seems like a lot of points for a team that played a very good game against Clemson.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Asking why something is doesn't mean bitching. There isn't much outrage in this thread. Mostly sarcasm from what I can see.

However, to be fair:

Wisconsin has won 45 games the last 4 years. They've earned the benefit of the doubt when they're upset, especially against a BYU program who has had one bad season since 2005, to remain in the top 25 this early.

michigan has won 28 games in 3 years with Harbaugh and has recruited extremely well. Not world-beaters, but better than A&M recently, so again they get the benefit of the doubt over A&M right now.

Miami, I have no idea. They should be nowhere near the top 25 right now. You know my thoughts here, so we're on the same page.

A&M has had an average record the last 3 years of 7.6-5.3, which even in the SECW, that's bad. They have a coach who notoriously gave up on his team early last year, and they're all having to adjust to a completely different environment. There's a reason they weren't ranked to begin the year, hence the confusion now.

What's Wisconsin's best win in their 45...8 win Michigan, LSU or Auburn. Nope, guess it's last year's Miami team, lol. And BYu's bad season was last year when Wisconsin beat them 40-6 at BYU, and they aren't setting the world on fire this year, they lost to a bad Cal team and beat a shitty Arizona team by 5. BYU is no world beater. I would have given A&M a decent shot of making it to Indianapolis with Wisconsin's 2017 schedule, color me not impressed.

As for Michigan....Harbaugh is 1-6 vs top 10 teams and has a 4-6 mark against Michigan St, Ohio St, Wisconsin and Penn St.

Jimbo at least has a National Title in the last 5 years. He's 2-1 and both the teams he beat like baby seals are 2-1. He played Clemson tough enough that many people though they should have won the game. I don't see where having them at #22 is any better or worse than the ranking of any other 1 loss team, including Wisconsin and Michigan.

As for their 7.6-5.3 three year average, I feel fairly certain Jimmy Jam and Wisconsin would struggle to get to 8 wins every year if his schedule included LSU, Alabama and Auburn.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still trying to figure out how ATM is a -27 point dog against Alabama this weekend. That just seems like a lot of points for a team that played a very good game against Clemson.
Especially given that last year was a close game. 27 is a lot of points. I couldn't bet against Alabama, but I don't think I am betting on them this week.

jon2tanman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,129.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington played Fresno st. and they were a cupcake. Alabama played Fresno st. and it was a good opponent. :clap:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's Wisconsin's best win in their 45...8 win Michigan, LSU or Auburn. Nope, guess it's last year's Miami team, lol. And BYu's bad season was last year when Wisconsin beat them 40-6 at BYU, and they aren't setting the world on fire this year, they lost to a bad Cal team and beat a shitty Arizona team by 5. BYU is no world beater. I would have given A&M a decent shot of making it to Indianapolis with Wisconsin's 2017 schedule, color me not impressed.

As for Michigan....Harbaugh is 1-6 vs top 10 teams and has a 4-6 mark against Michigan St, Ohio St, Wisconsin and Penn St.

Jimbo at least has a National Title in the last 5 years. He's 2-1 and both the teams he beat like baby seals are 2-1. He played Clemson tough enough that many people though they should have won the game. I don't see where having them at #22 is any better or worse than the ranking of any other 1 loss team, including Wisconsin and Michigan.

As for their 7.6-5.3 three year average, I feel fairly certain Jimmy Jam and Wisconsin would struggle to get to 8 wins every year if his schedule included LSU, Alabama and Auburn.
Congrats to Jimbo and his marvelous wins over a bad FCS team and a really bad FBS team. I really don't care about A&M being ranked right now, but it is peculiar that they jumped into the top 25 only after beating a really, really shitty opponent. Attrition played a part, obviously.

I have little to no doubt the teams that michigan (save for last season when they had corpses at QB) and Wisconsin have had the last 3 years would've had no problem getting no fewer than 8 wins in that conference. Wisconsin has been better than LSU and Auburn for at least 2 of the last 3 years, and michigan was better than both of them in 2015 and 2016. What makes you think LSU/Auburn were that great? Hell, Wisconsin beat LSU just two years ago, and beat Auburn a couple years before that. I have little doubt they would've crushed LSU last year, and Wisconsin/Auburn would've been damn good football. In 2016, michigan was just outside of the final playoff rankings, and in 2015 they were at least as good as LSU and obviously way better than Auburn.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to Jimbo and his marvelous wins over a bad FCS team and a really bad FBS team. I really don't care about A&M being ranked right now, but it is peculiar that they jumped into the top 25 only after beating a really, really shitty opponent. Attrition played a part, obviously.

I have little to no doubt the teams that michigan (save for last season when they had corpses at QB) and Wisconsin have had the last 3 years would've had no problem getting no fewer than 8 wins in that conference. Wisconsin has been better than LSU and Auburn for at least 2 of the last 3 years, and michigan was better than both of them in 2015 and 2016. What makes you think LSU/Auburn were that great? Hell, Wisconsin beat LSU just two years ago, and beat Auburn a couple years before that. I have little doubt they would've crushed LSU last year, and Wisconsin/Auburn would've been damn good football. In 2016, michigan was just outside of the final playoff rankings, and in 2015 they were at least as good as LSU and obviously way better than Auburn.

It's funny when someone has to cherry pick games here and there to make a point.

It's about 100 times even more funny when they additionally have to go back many years in order to find a good selection to cherry pick from.

Trash poster.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny when someone has to cherry pick games here and there to make a point.

It's about 100 times even more funny when they additionally have to go back many years in order to find a good selection to cherry pick from.

Trash poster.
Don't be so hard on Rolltide94, sheesh. He's one of your own.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt this is correct.

it probably is from a national perspective. from 2009-2012, VT's final ranking was worse than their pre-season ranking. they weren't ranked in the pre-season or final polls from 2013-2015. outperformed their pre-season ranking in 2016, didn't live up to in 2017.

Iowa usually isn't ranked in the pre-season polls.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 games in. In the first two, they allowed like 250 yards and an average of 8.5 ppg. They're well-coached and routinely cycle players in an out. I will be surprised if they are anywhere near 64th by season's end.

I mean it was WKU and New Mexico.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it probably is from a national perspective. from 2009-2012, VT's final ranking was worse than their pre-season ranking. they weren't ranked in the pre-season or final polls from 2013-2015. outperformed their pre-season ranking in 2016, didn't live up to in 2017.

Iowa usually isn't ranked in the pre-season polls.
It was 100% correct. VT is actually the 2nd most overrated team in the ACC over the last decade behind FSU.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If ULM is a really bad FBS team, so is BYU. They both were 4 win teams last year, they're both 2-1 and they've both already beaten teams that beat them last year. But Wisconsin should stay ranked for losing and A&M shouldn't move up for winning...gotcha. If we were evaluating teams based on what they have actually done this year, A&M should be ahead of Wisconsin.

We lost to Auburn last year, I think we would rock Wisconsin this year or last year. Hell, I think we are better than any B1G team this year or last, you are all a far cry from 2014. Hell, LSU beat Auburn last year handily, but I don't recall them losing to anyone not in the SEC. Michigan being just outside the CFP in 2016 is a joke, they beat one team with a pulse all year and got rocked in their bowl game by an FSU team that lost to Louisville by 43.

Wisconsin barely beat a Miami team that got rocked by Clemson and frankly wasn't that good. 38-0 and 31-0 speaks volumes for the state of B1G football, but y'all can keep pretending. The B1G west is the weakest division in football, Wisconsin is just the tallest midget. I also don't recall beating LSU or Auburn 38-0 in 2015, but keep on telling yourself Michigan was better.

Last week was just a harbinger of things to come for the B1G. Whose gonna get shutout in the playoff this year, probably no one, Notre Dame will probably fill your sacrificial lamb spot.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok? Stanford gave up more yards and points than that to a bad FCS team. Big deal.

I'm not sure what Stanford has to do with this conversation? I provided facts as to why their defense isn't nearly as good as it has been the last 2 years, and the worst it's been in a while. Those facts include those games against those opponents. No need to cherry pick games.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If ULM is a really bad FBS team, so is BYU. They both were 4 win teams last year, they're both 2-1 and they've both already beaten teams that beat them last year. But Wisconsin should stay ranked for losing and A&M shouldn't move up for winning...gotcha. If we were evaluating teams based on what they have actually done this year, A&M should be ahead of Wisconsin.

We lost to Auburn last year, I think we would rock Wisconsin this year or last year. Hell, I think we are better than any B1G team this year or last, you are all a far cry from 2014. Hell, LSU beat Auburn last year handily, but I don't recall them losing to anyone not in the SEC. Michigan being just outside the CFP in 2016 is a joke, they beat one team with a pulse all year and got rocked in their bowl game by an FSU team that lost to Louisville by 43.

Wisconsin barely beat a Miami team that got rocked by Clemson and frankly wasn't that good. 38-0 and 31-0 speaks volumes for the state of B1G football, but y'all can keep pretending. The B1G west is the weakest division in football, Wisconsin is just the tallest midget. I also don't recall beating LSU or Auburn 38-0 in 2015, but keep on telling yourself Michigan was better.

Last week was just a harbinger of things to come for the B1G. Whose gonna get shutout in the playoff this year, probably no one, Notre Dame will probably fill your sacrificial lamb spot.
LOL no. 4 wins last year for ULM was their highest win total in 5 years. For BYU, it was their lowest in 5 years by a wide margin. Also, BYU battled more injuries to key starters last year than any team in the FBS. Clearly BYU is a solid program while ULM is a dogshit one.

LOL at being "rocked in their bowl game", they lost by 1 point dumbass.

LOL no, Wisconsin won by 10 and the game really wasn't even that close, as they dominated almost every other area of the game.

If I'm not allowed to reference scores and outcomes from 2-3 years ago, then you can't either. Can't have it both ways.

You'll be lucky to beat OSU by year's end. Just like in 2014. Nobody is shutting out OSU this year. Certainly not you guys.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure what Stanford has to do with this conversation? I provided facts as to why their defense isn't nearly as good as it has been the last 2 years, and the worst it's been in a while. Those facts include those games against those opponents. No need to cherry pick games.
Their defense has been terrific outside of the BYU game. You downplayed the stats of those other two games because of the opponent, and I pointed out that Stanford gave up worse numbers to a bad FCS team. Does that mean this is Stanford's worst defense in nearly a decade?

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn’t get ranked immediately after the Clemson game. This week was the 1st time being ranked after the ULM game.

I know this would never happen in real life, but I could imagine a world where teams suddenly move up right before playing a high ranking team on TV. I don’t think this has ever happened before, but if it did the networks could sell “Bama vs ranked A&M”. The press would have a more interesting game to write about.

BadMotoWeazal

Got Dirt?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am glad that aTm is ranked & I hope that LSD, Ms. State & the Barn keep on winning until Crimson Death. Makes my Bama troll worth while. LOL

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the worry about ranking Wisconsin will be over by about 11 PM Saturday night guys so dont concern yourself with it even a little
9mFhuTv.gif