• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why are the Aggies ranked?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh...ole 7Sam is a neither. He's a fan of the team whose mascot wears a skirt.

HA! But my comment you quoted was about no one caring about someone ranked in the mid-20's.

Those we left at the altar and Jexas fans are all that care.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
find-put-the-girl-you-have-been-flirting-with-was-actually-not-a-girl-fast-turtle.gif

Watch out, rabbit!

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn right they have. I love how their aversion to modern society ends with riding in an air conditioned van and going to Best Buy
Even better, they go across town for long stays with their relatives the Mennonites who have air conditioning.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because people are under the working assumption that Clemson is really good.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, because we are all gentlemen, sir. Don't worry about BU though, you can dance and wear jeans now so things are looking up. :D
Nope those are called Foot Functions.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because people are under the working assumption that Clemson is really good.

Compared to most of the ACC, no doubt about it. I mean, WOOF! After Clemson and Virginia Tech, the next best team is Duke

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Asking why something is doesn't mean bitching. There isn't much outrage in this thread. Mostly sarcasm from what I can see.

However, to be fair:

Wisconsin has won 45 games the last 4 years. They've earned the benefit of the doubt when they're upset, especially against a BYU program who has had one bad season since 2005, to remain in the top 25 this early.

michigan has won 28 games in 3 years with Harbaugh and has recruited extremely well. Not world-beaters, but better than A&M recently, so again they get the benefit of the doubt over A&M right now.

Miami, I have no idea. They should be nowhere near the top 25 right now. You know my thoughts here, so we're on the same page.

A&M has had an average record the last 3 years of 7.6-5.3, which even in the SECW, that's bad. They have a coach who notoriously gave up on his team early last year, and they're all having to adjust to a completely different environment. There's a reason they weren't ranked to begin the year, hence the confusion now.

Wisconsin shouldn't get the benefit of the doubt losing to BYU, who was coming off a 4-9 season, and frankly hasn't looked good this year prior to the Wisconsin game. Beating Arizona by 5 and losing to cal at home isn't a good look.

Michigan finished with one more win than A&M did last year, and has looked worse against worse competition this year. Also, over the last 4 recruitment cycles, A&M has had the higher average class(2015-2018). Both rosters are filled with talent. Michigan has the better defense, A&M has the better offense.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington, Wisconsin, and Miami have been fairly good recently, A&M hasn’t won more than 8 games since 2013 when their OOC schedule was Rice, Sam Houston State, UTEP, and SMU. That was also the last time they finished a season ranked.

I have no problem ranking Washington, as they are similar to A&M in terms of resume. Miami and Wisxonisn shouldn't be ranked right now. It's one thing to look bad and win(PSU vs App State) it's another to look bad and lose, on top of it being to a bad opponent.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Compared to most of the ACC, no doubt about it. I mean, WOOF! After Clemson and Virginia Tech, the next best team is Duke
And people only assume VT is good because they beat FSU. We see now how impressive that really was.

One of the major issues with early polls is we doht actially lnow what is a good win or a bad loss and by the time we figure out we were wrong everyone has forgotten about the game.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin shouldn't get the benefit of the doubt losing to BYU, who was coming off a 4-9 season, and frankly hasn't looked good this year prior to the Wisconsin game. Beating Arizona by 5 and losing to cal at home isn't a good look.

Michigan finished with one more win than A&M did last year, and has looked worse against worse competition this year. Also, over the last 4 recruitment cycles, A&M has had the higher average class(2015-2018). Both rosters are filled with talent. Michigan has the better defense, A&M has the better offense.
Yes, Wisconsin should get the benefit of the doubt. That's retarded. Upsets happen, and BYU has been arguably the most consistent non-P5 team in the nation for over a decade outside of Boise St.

A&M has a win over what is an absolutely horrible FCS team, a ULM team that has 10 wins in the last 3 years, and a loss to Clemson at home. michigan has beaten an SMU team that has increased their win total by multiple games for two years straight (7 last year), a WMU team that has been bowling for 4 straight years, and lost at Notre Dame in week 1. No, A&M hasn't played tougher competition.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this question needs to be asked (if it wasn’t already), who do you rank in A&M’s place?

I agree they should be ranked because they are getting rewarded for playing a top ooc opponent tough. I believe that’s what needs to be done to ensure these good OOC games continue.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has A&M even beat an FBS team yet?

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Wisconsin should get the benefit of the doubt. That's retarded. Upsets happen, and BYU has been arguably the most consistent non-P5 team in the nation for over a decade outside of Boise St.

A&M has a win over what is an absolutely horrible FCS team, a ULM team that has 10 wins in the last 3 years, and a loss to Clemson at home. michigan has beaten an SMU team that has increased their win total by multiple games for two years straight (7 last year), a WMU team that has been bowling for 4 straight years, and lost at Notre Dame in week 1. No, A&M hasn't played tougher competition.

Wisconsin doesn’t get the benefit of shit. They have to be the only relevant P5 team who has a worse schedule than Washington over the last few years. BYU sucked ass last year, and doesn’t look too much better this year, unless you insist on giving Wisconsin the benefit of the doubt and pretending they’re good.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wisconsin was like a 25 pt favorite. That's a huge upset and pretty inexcusable. If BYU hadn't looked completely mediocre their first two games of the year, I wouldn't have this stance, but they have looked bad.

Clemson is better than ND. The rest of both schedules are awful. I'm not sure what going to 4 straight bowl games has to do with this season?

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas A&M almost beat the #2 team in the country and they've blown out every other team they faced.

The real question should be why is Texas always ranked in the preseason top 25. Starting to think it's just to get Longhorn fans' hopes up just to crush them back down to reality.