• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why are the Aggies ranked?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Have you seen what Utah State has been doing this year? They have put up over 130 points in their last two games. They look like a decent team.
2) you wouldn’t be flipping out like this if anyone but a Texas fan had started this thread.

Yeah they have put up a ton of points against two teams that have a combined ZERO wins this year.

And yeah, I'm calling out the Jexas fan bullshit. Always bitching about A&M and then bitching when someone talks about A&M.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I don't get the whole ranking of Michigan, Wisconsin, and Miami and then bitching about A&M being ranked.
Asking why something is doesn't mean bitching. There isn't much outrage in this thread. Mostly sarcasm from what I can see.

However, to be fair:

Wisconsin has won 45 games the last 4 years. They've earned the benefit of the doubt when they're upset, especially against a BYU program who has had one bad season since 2005, to remain in the top 25 this early.

michigan has won 28 games in 3 years with Harbaugh and has recruited extremely well. Not world-beaters, but better than A&M recently, so again they get the benefit of the doubt over A&M right now.

Miami, I have no idea. They should be nowhere near the top 25 right now. You know my thoughts here, so we're on the same page.

A&M has had an average record the last 3 years of 7.6-5.3, which even in the SECW, that's bad. They have a coach who notoriously gave up on his team early last year, and they're all having to adjust to a completely different environment. There's a reason they weren't ranked to begin the year, hence the confusion now.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Asking why something is doesn't mean bitching. There isn't much outrage in this thread. Mostly sarcasm from what I can see.

However, to be fair:

Wisconsin has won 45 games the last 4 years. They've earned the benefit of the doubt when they're upset, especially against a BYU program who has had one bad season since 2005, to remain in the top 25 this early.

michigan has won 28 games in 3 years with Harbaugh and has recruited extremely well. Not world-beaters, but better than A&M recently, so again they get the benefit of the doubt over A&M right now.

Miami, I have no idea. They should be nowhere near the top 25 right now. You know my thoughts here, so we're on the same page.

A&M has had an average record the last 3 years of 7.3-5.6, which even in the SECW, that's bad. They have a coach who notoriously gave up on his team early last year, and they're all having to adjust to a completely different environment. There's a reason they weren't ranked to begin the year, hence the confusion now.

Just say "Fuck Aggie" and save time

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

However, to be fair:

Wisconsin has won 45 games the last 4 years. They've earned the benefit of the doubt when they're upset, especially against a BYU program who has had one bad season 2005, to remain in the top 25 this early.

A&M has had an average record the last 3 years of 7.3-5.6, which even in the SECW, that's bad. They have a coach who notoriously gave up on his team early last year, and they're all having to adjust to a completely different environment. There's a reason they weren't ranked to begin the year, hence the confusion now.

Previous years teams have nothing to do with this years team, so why does it keep coming up?

And yes, the OP is bitching. Had this been any other team but A&M he never posts a thread like this.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Previous years teams have nothing to do with this years team, so why does it keep coming up?

And yes, the OP is bitching. Had this been any other team but A&M he never posts a thread like this.
You probably know more about the OP than I do, so I can't argue with you.

Yes, previous years' teams matter. They always do. It's why we have rankings this early. Not talking 5-6 years ago, but the previous few years, they matter, especially when there's a trend. That's how teams get the benefit of the doubt.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, previous years' teams matter. They always do. It's why we have rankings this early. Not talking 5-6 years ago, but the previous few years, they matter, especially when there's a trend. That's how teams get the benefit of the doubt.
Same thing happens in basketball. Duke loses and STILL moves up in the polls

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So Alabama shouldn’t be ranked in the top 10 because they haven’t played a decent team yet? Clemson’s only good win is over Texas AM who has only beaten garbage teams, and Clemson didn’t even look good in that game, so they should be in he 20-25 range, correct? Ohio State has only beaten a rebuilding TCU so they should be barely top 15? Saying previous seasons don’t matter this early in a season is ignorant.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So teams from 3 years ago, where just about no players remain, matter this year? In A&M's case just about no players or coaches remain.
I understand the benefit of the doubt, but saying a 2-1 team that has covered each game isn't a #22 team is stupid. Saying that last years team has more to do with this years team when the HC, OC, and DC aren't the same is also puzzling.

It's not like they broke into the top 20. From 20-30 there is not much difference other than "I've heard of them before".

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Alabama shouldn’t be ranked in the top 10 because they haven’t played a decent team yet? Clemson’s only good win is over Texas AM who has only beaten garbage teams, and Clemson didn’t even look good in that game, so they should be in he 20-25 range, correct? Ohio State has only beaten a rebuilding TCU so they should be barely top 15? Saying previous seasons don’t matter this early in a season is ignorant.

If you are talking about last year then you have a point. But looking at the last 4 years is silly when you consider that just about nothing is the same from even 2 years ago for A&M (and most colleges). If you are talking about a big program that has returned a lot of stud players from last year then of course that matters. I see no point in looking at 3 seasons ago in factoring rankings this year.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like you are asking for another Title IX investigation, sir.

I guess you guys never have to worry about that, since all your sexual misconduct is dood on dood? :noidea:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you guys never have to worry about that, since all your sexual misconduct is dood on dood? :noidea:

No, because we are all gentlemen, sir. Don't worry about BU though, you can dance and wear jeans now so things are looking up. :D