• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why are the Aggies ranked?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So teams from 3 years ago, where just about no players remain, matter this year? In A&M's case just about no players or coaches remain.
I understand the benefit of the doubt, but saying a 2-1 team that has covered each game isn't a #22 team is stupid. Saying that last years team has more to do with this years team when the HC, OC, and DC aren't the same is also puzzling.

It's not like they broke into the top 20. From 20-30 there is not much difference other than "I've heard of them before".
I mean, if you want to take things to the utmost extreme. I said the last 2-3 years, meaning last year, the year before, and somewhat the year before that, but go ahead and ignore that I guess. I'm saying teams that have established trends of winning earn this right. A&M doesn't have that.

In the playoff era (since 2014), A&M hasn't beaten anyone that finished ranked higher than 22nd ranked. They have 3 ranked wins in 4 years, all who were 22 or worse. They're bringing in a brand new coaching staff this year to a team that looked flat (at best) last season. They have talent but it's highly undeveloped. If they win 7 games this year with that schedule, it'd be pretty impressive. I guess congrats on covering against Clemson, that may be your biggest accomplishment of the last 4 years.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure are a lot of people upset about who is ranked #22 after 3 weeks of football.

Must be a slow news week.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington, Wisconsin, and Miami have been fairly good recently, A&M hasn’t won more than 8 games since 2013 when their OOC schedule was Rice, Sam Houston State, UTEP, and SMU. That was also the last time they finished a season ranked.
But now they have...
260px-Jimbo_A%26M_Press_Conference.png

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, if you want to take things to the utmost extreme. I said the last 2-3 years, meaning last year, the year before, and somewhat the year before that, but go ahead and ignore that I guess. I'm saying teams that have established trends of winning earn this right. A&M doesn't have that.

In the playoff era (since 2014), A&M hasn't beaten anyone that finished ranked higher than 22nd ranked. They have 3 ranked wins in 4 years, all who were 22 or worse. They're bringing in a brand new coaching staff this year to a team that looked flat (at best) last season. They have talent but it's highly undeveloped. If they win 7 games this year with that schedule, it'd be pretty impressive. I guess congrats on covering against Clemson, that may be your biggest accomplishment of the last 4 years.
They won a Natty, remember? So they have accomplished something in the playoff era. They just don’t know for what year.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its really for Alabama and the other ESPN properties. End of the year when playoff talk "gets serious" the pundits can say "well lets see, so n so beat then ranked ______" so so n so is awesome.

Love that "then ranked" horse sh*t.

Hey how did ya team do this year?
Well we went 5-7 but we were ranked for awhile so.... we was good :pound:

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure are a lot of people upset about who is ranked #22 after 3 weeks of football.

About as upset as you are over MSU being ranked 24th.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quality loss is a thing for the SEC

I finally get it this year. Losing a good game to a good team is better than beating a shitty team. I never used to think so, but it all of the sudden clicked this year for some reason.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I finally get it this year. Losing a good game to a good team is better than beating a shitty team. I never used to think so, but it all of the sudden clicked this year for some reason.
I kind of understand but I definitely get losing to a mediocre team is better than beating a shitty team.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its really for Alabama and the other ESPN properties. End of the year when playoff talk "gets serious" the pundits can say "well lets see, so n so beat then ranked ______" so so n so is awesome.

Love that "then ranked" horse sh*t.

Hey how did ya team do this year?
Well we went 5-7 but we were ranked for awhile so.... we was good :pound:

Wow Texas fans, you going to stand there and take him calling out your post-Mack mantra?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About as upset as you are over MSU being ranked 24th.

See #3, we have been over this.

1) I never said A&M should be ranked. I agree that we don't have a top 25 resume
2) I don't give a shit if MSU moved up or is ranked. But if OP is so worried about the "sanctity" of the top 25 then why isn't he bitching about MSU barely beating Utah St, losing to ASU, and then not playing but moving up in the polls?
3) The MSU example is just me pointing out how the OP doesn't really care about the polls, he is just pissed because A&M is getting more positive attention than his shitass team.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were ranked high, dropped when they lost, a bunch of teams lost that were above them. Are you suggesting that the teams that lost shouldn’t have dropped? And I would have no problem either MSU not being ranked right now. I said they were ranked way too high to start the season.

A&M has no recent history of being a good team to fall back on, so there is no reason for voters to give them the benefit of the doubt, at this time.

Texas being ranked at the beginning of the season was a joke and I would have taken them in the over/under ranked contest but it could only yield 3 points for me.

No one does except schlonghorn and jaded big12 homers.
Uh...ole 7Sam is a neither. He's a fan of the team whose mascot wears a skirt.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It’s serious shit man. Don’t even get me started on some people’s #22 rankings in the SportsHoopla polls.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When did y'all play a good team? :noidea: