• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why are the Aggies ranked?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think those teams started out pre season top 25, so I understand why some of them are still ranked. However, the Aggies weren't ranked pre season at all. Hence the reason, why are they ranked?

For the record, Texas had no business whatsoever being ranked pre season. The true Orangebloods knew what the shit show would look like before the season started. Anyway, I never knew you could get ranked for barely losing and beating two high school teams.

They need 25 warm bodies, nothing more.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington, Wisconsin, and Miami have been fairly good recently, A&M hasn’t won more than 8 games since 2013 when their OOC schedule was Rice, Sam Houston State, UTEP, and SMU. That was also the last time they finished a season ranked.

Michigan State lost to unranked ASU and then on a bye week moved up a spot. Where is OP's outrage over that?

Nowhere, that's where. Because Jexas fans constantly worry about what A&M is up to.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama will pound the living dog crap out of aTm.

Then the Aggies will move up a couple of spots, because, good loss.

Did I leave anything out???

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan State lost to unranked ASU and then on a bye week moved up a spot. Where is OP's outrage over that?
They were ranked high, dropped when they lost, a bunch of teams lost that were above them. Are you suggesting that the teams that lost shouldn’t have dropped? And I would have no problem either MSU not being ranked right now. I said they were ranked way too high to start the season.

A&M has no recent history of being a good team to fall back on, so there is no reason for voters to give them the benefit of the doubt, at this time.

Texas being ranked at the beginning of the season was a joke and I would have taken them in the over/under ranked contest but it could only yield 3 points for me.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one does except schlonghorn and jaded big12 homers.
giphy.gif

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need 25 warm bodies, nothing more.

It helps if those warm bodies are about to play another warm body, so they can hype it on TV

Pollsters did the same thing to South Carolina, right before the Georgia game. They got shellacked, as expected, went right back out of the warm bodies list

Science

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were ranked high, dropped when they lost, a bunch of teams lost that were above them. Are you suggesting that the teams that lost shouldn’t have dropped? And I would have no problem either MSU not being ranked right now. I said they were ranked way too high to start the season.

A&M has no recent history of being a good team to fall back on, so there is no reason for voters to give them the benefit of the doubt, at this time.

Texas being ranked at the beginning of the season was a joke and I would have taken them in the over/under ranked contest but it could only yield 3 points for me.

1) I never said A&M should be ranked. I agree that we don't have a top 25 resume
2) I don't give a shit if MSU moved up or is ranked. But if OP is so worried about the "sanctity" of the top 25 then why isn't he bitching about MSU barely beating Utah St, losing to ASU, and then not playing but moving up in the polls?
3) The MSU example is just me pointing out how the OP doesn't really care about the polls, he is just pissed because A&M is getting more positive attention than his shitass team.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It helps if those warm bodies are about to play another warm body, so they can hype it on TV

Pollsters did the same thing to South Carolina, right before the Georgia game. They got shellacked, as expected, went right back out of the warm bodies list

Science
Well bending over cold bodies is necrophilia and shouldn’t be watched.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) I never said A&M should be ranked. I agree that we don't have a top 25 resume
2) I don't give a shit if MSU moved up or is ranked. But if OP is so worried about the "sanctity" of the top 25 then why isn't he bitching about MSU barely beating Utah St, losing to ASU, and then not playing but moving up in the polls?
3) The MSU example is just me pointing out how the OP doesn't really care about the polls, he is just pissed because A&M is getting more positive attention than his shitass team.
1) Have you seen what Utah State has been doing this year? They have put up over 130 points in their last two games. They look like a decent team.
2) you wouldn’t be flipping out like this if anyone but a Texas fan had started this thread.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Science

Of course that's the reason. But when you are talking about the #22 team it shouldn't be unheard of to get a team that thumped the teams they were supposed to and then gave the #2 team in the country all they could handle. It's not like the put an 0-3 A&M up there or a team that struggled against a lesser opponent.