• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why are so many people picking the Packers?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
That's the only team in the NFC that scares me. I hope Atlanta wins that game.

So do I.

Like I poined out in another thread, the Niners beat passing teams like the Packers & Pats, but they struggled against running teams like the Seahwaks, Rams & Vikings. I'd much rather go to Atlanta & crap all over Matt Ryan than take on the most handsome RB in the NFL again (Lynch).

That said, Ryan is useless in the playoffs, and the Seahwaks will beat them.

All NFC West NFC Championship game

Last edited by a moderator:

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers like to stretch defenses and test the depth in the secondary. I think we match up well in this area, as our back four is deep enough to keep them in check. If we don't get too cute on offense, pound them with Gore/LMJ, we should be able to take this 26-20.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
this just in-I'm betting the 49er's-don't like the Packers.

What are the odds on that bet? 1/15? 1/30? I think I'd like to get in on some of that action.

Last edited by a moderator:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the only team in the NFC that scares me. I hope Atlanta wins that game.

If Seattle were a higher seed then the Niners, then I would agree with you. However, the Seahawks are not such a hot road team.

That's why I specified HOSTING Seattle or going to Atlanta. Going to Seattle would not be optimal.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Seattle were a higher seed then the Niners, then I would agree with you. However, the Seahawks are not such a hot road team.

That's why I specified HOSTING Seattle or going to Atlanta. Going to Seattle would not be optimal.

True, but if they win against Atlanta, they will have won the last four road games they've played. I still think we'd win and know that Seattle is better at home, but their struggles on the road is a bit overstated. They lost to Miami on the road and if they played that one again, they'd win. But I could also break down some wins, like the Redskins had an injured RGIII and the first win in that short streak was in Buffalo. Their other road losses were to each of the division rivals and one to Detroit. So I wouldn't make a case that they are good on the road, I just wouldn't use that as a reason why they'd lose more than the reason we'd win (because we're not as good in Seattle but better than they are, so a home or neutral should be a victory).

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know what you meant. I still stand by my previous point. I think it is unwise to write off Seattle away from their homefield.

ida one

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
This will be a lot closer than most think. I wouldn't want to put my money on either team. I beleive it's going to be a 3 point game in either direction... just saying

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This will be a lot closer than most think. I wouldn't want to put my money on either team. I beleive it's going to be a 3 point game in either direction... just saying

most are predicting someone to win big?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's setting himself up mentally/emotionally for an easier fall or letdown if that's actually what ends up happening.

I gave up trying to understand his motives and thought processes years ago.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Why are so many people picking the packers?

Why does the media hype the Steelers, Packers, Pats, etc?

Why does the NFL make more money if the Steelers, Packers, Pats & a few others win in the playoffs and thus the referees are biassed towards them? (Especially the Packers & Steelers).

populationmap.gif

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
He's setting himself up mentally/emotionally for an easier fall or letdown if that's actually what ends up happening.

That might not be such a bad idea. For him at least. He typically hits the panic button midway through the first drive, so perhaps lower expectations will make him tolerable?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

but you're not "most".

anyway, was focusing more on 'close', not 'most'. most ARE expecting it to be close, so when he said something about 'it'll be closer than most think'.................

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

but IMO, you're making football life pessimistic, not optimisiic? might also be reflection of your life in general?

there are times when we'll be the big underdog, and thus 'brace ourselves mentally/emotionally'. but this game isn't one of them, in fact we're favored. so going into the game, why should anyone think so negatively?

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is an incredibly kind description of garden variety trolling...

:hellno: