• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why are so many people picking the Packers?

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They got offensive line issues, they can't run and their defense isn't that great. Although they've put together a nice streak of wins they haven't really been stand out hot at all having chemistry problems. The main reason I'm hearing is because they think Kaepernick cannot win big games like this... the same guy that went into New England and stomped them? Makes no sense to me how these people are called "Experts"

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two words: Aaron Rodgers.

He's elite. Kap isn't.

Toolrulzz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same could be said last year of Smith and Brees. That turned out pretty well.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They got offensive line issues, they can't run and their defense isn't that great. Although they've put together a nice streak of wins they haven't really been stand out hot at all having chemistry problems. The main reason I'm hearing is because they think Kaepernick cannot win big games like this... the same guy that went into New England and stomped them? Makes no sense to me how these people are called "Experts"

Alex Smith was helped a lot last year in the Saints game by the defense and turnovers, BUT the experts also said that he could not win in a shootout - the last few minutes was a shootout with no defensive help and we won - with Alex as a major contributor (no 75 yard Gore run or anything). My point? Not to build up Alex Smith, but rather to add to your point that the experts don't know anything. Kaepernick could win a big game, and while we didn't end the game the best way against the Patriots, that was a big game. Yes, the actual ending was great, I'm talking about taking care of business after being up 28 wasn't the best way.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Colin Kaepernick plus the injuries to Manningham, Hunter and Smith. Rodgers will eat them alive with no pass rush. It might not even be close. I have it 33 to 20 Pack.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all about confidence in Rodgers. He won a Super Bowl with no running game. He's a stud. He's got the hardware and street cred. I don't view it as disrespect towards us. It's no secret Justin is hurt and our D has been different without him.

I think we can and will beat them if we pressure Rodgers. If he has time to pick us apart , it could be a long afternoon.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all about confidence in Rodgers. He won a Super Bowl with no running game. He's a stud. He's got the hardware and street cred. I don't view it as disrespect towards us. It's no secret Justin is hurt and our D has been different without him.

I think we can and will beat them if we pressure Rodgers. If he has time to pick us apart , it could be a long afternoon.

I'm not picking the Pack - but This is the game right here!

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if justin smith's play isn't limited that should free up aldon to do his thing.

on offense, we need to gameplan to help staley out cuss mathews abused him in the first game. we need to use mathews speed rush against him. rodgers should be able to get x amount of yards, we need to match it. roman had 2 weeks to figure out what he should be doing given the talent we have left. we have enough talent on the roster after injuries to put up some points. roman has to get his head out of his ass.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colin Kaepernick plus the injuries to Manningham, Hunter and Smith. Rodgers will eat them alive with no pass rush. It might not even be close. I have it 33 to 20 Pack.

pack by 2 scores in San Fran? Your crazy, we have a great ass defense and Rogers hates to get hit and their OL is awful

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex won the shootout in the 4th....

anyways... the reason why "people" are picking the packers is because "people" don't like the niners...

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
because those people automatcally think of the Packers passing game. they automatically assume it'll be operating at max efficiency. but this is a team game in every sense, everyone has to play well each side.

unless there is a 'rash' of turnovers, think the spread will be on the money.

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread reminds me of when someone got all bent out of shape when Stephen A said a healthy Pack team would handle the Niners. I didn't see what was crazy then, and I don't see what's crazy now.

Two good teams are about to meet and you're surprised people aren't all picking one of them especially when that team had a very public loss in a "big game" recently, will be operating with a team MVP coming back from an injury and relative inexperience at QB (which, like it or not, carries a stigma)? Sometimes I wish there was some criteria for starting a thread, like Jacks or better to open in poker, or something.

EDIT: Not to mention the current line...that number isn't just arbitrarily picked ya know.

Last edited by a moderator:

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it that way. I love the underdog role.

Although i doubt we are as i see it pretty even here.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I can buy an argument for the Packers to win the game just like I could buy one for the Saint's beating us last year and New England beating us a couple weeks ago.

When two good teams play it's typically tough to call who's going to win it.

If we didn't get the 2nd seed and bye week I would lean on the Packers winning it but I think that week of rest was desperately needed by both the offense and defense not to mention an extra week of prep will help.

So the X factor to me is the bye week.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we need justin smith and gore to have big games imo. something thats been missing the past few weeks

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are picking the Packers because we have to overcome the officiating and they benefit from it.

And also because they have a G on their helmets.

We may well lose this game, but the talking heads' picks are based on garbage.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ultimately, I think it comes down to Justin. If he plays (somewhat effectively), than I think the Niners win, somewhat comfortably.

If he is in there, then the Niuners can put on a consistant 3-man rush that pressures Rodgers while keeping 8 men back. If he is not effective (or out), then the Niners will need to rush 4 or 5 to apply the pressure while only leaving 6 or 7 back, and Rogers could have a field day.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not picking the Pack - but This is the game right here!

This.

I am not overly worried about hosting Seattle or playing in Atlanta. This is the big game for us.