• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Whose opinions

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do you value the most on here............

anyones opinion you gear towards.........

anyones you gear away from?

im not gonna be offended if anyone gears away from mine......just seeing whose opinion is held highest, since you guys been together for a while

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll always put a little more into Will's, Joe's, Tlance's, and Lefty. But honestly if the reasoning is anything more than some derivative of, "that's a stupid question it's player x, end of discussion!", I'll always take the information/opinion to heart

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i listen to everyone, and formulate my opinions there, everyones views are different, and some good points can be made every which way.......few a steer clear of, period.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW jennings is top 5 now just so you know

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just like getting a different view on things, sometimes people mention something you hadn't thought of. I'm more likely to use/remember someone's opinions if they explain them rather than just giving me a 3 or 4 word answer.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
unfortunately i post alot from my phone, so i dont give details, will try to do a lil better

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey my picks, out doing ball right now, just saying:lol::yahoo:

Yea yea.. give it a couple weeks..I still have faith!

tumblr_lcwwtq3R3Y1qe78dao1_400.gif

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i hope ur right, u convinced me , and like i said it cost me murray

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm willing to listen to any argument/advice so long as the reasoning is sound. If they include stats, that is always a bonus.

Like you mentioned, I respect the MBBRL guys since we go back to CBS days. But there are a few SportsHoopla posters that are gaining my attention as well.

As far as guys that I may "gear away from" as you put it, maybe it's just a personal pet peeve, but I generally avoid conversations where the person asking is like my sister. Translation: she finds fault with everything until she gets the answer she wanted to hear.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm willing to listen to any argument/advice so long as the reasoning is sound. If they include stats, that is always a bonus.

Like you mentioned, I respect the MBBRL guys since we go back to CBS days. But there are a few SportsHoopla posters that are gaining my attention as well.

As far as guys that I may "gear away from" as you put it, maybe it's just a personal pet peeve, but I generally avoid conversations where the person asking is like my sister. Translation: she finds fault with everything until she gets the answer she wanted to hear.

not to say little sister... But i feel like most of us who ask for advice are already leaning one way and really are looking for someone to convince them not to go the way they were leaning, or looking to confirm that they were correct... Sometimes when you know something, and that is the only reasoning people are giving, you just dont let that info affect your choice- if that makes sense...

Best example of what i am saying, Many on this board loved Montee ball pre season, but the biggest reason people were giving was that moreno was so good last season and that ball is more talented than moreno... But that is something we all knew, not sure if that information after being given would really affect how you see the player...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is a lot of good discussion and some good fantasy football minds here. I will always be partial to the old MBBRL crew like some others have said, but the truth is that fantasy football is the most difficult sport to project so we are all wrong more frequently than we would like to be.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not to say little sister... But i feel like most of us who ask for advice are already leaning one way and really are looking for someone to convince them not to go the way they were leaning, or looking to confirm that they were correct... Sometimes when you know something, and that is the only reasoning people are giving, you just dont let that info affect your choice- if that makes sense...

Best example of what i am saying, Many on this board loved Montee ball pre season, but the biggest reason people were giving was that moreno was so good last season and that ball is more talented than moreno... But that is something we all knew, not sure if that information after being given would really affect how you see the player...

That's not exactly true, people would bring up that he's fumble prone, so we'd say how little he actually did fumble last year, and that they were all clustered int eh first three games, and that he went 800+ touches without fumbling in college..we brought up how good he was towards the end of last season as they were beginning to phase Moreno out, and there were other little things as well, but I'm not going to go back and revisit those umpteenmillion million different threads where it was discussed.

What sucks is that we didn't take into account Denver taking the most prolific offense in history, throwing the game plan in the trashcan, and coming up with two TE instead of 3-4 wide, and then on top of that, reshuffling the line so that they can't run block for shit anymore. Wish I had known a few of those things as I was singing his praises. We liked him because of the system we THOUGHT he was in, AND that he was more naturally gifted than Moreno, now that he's not in that system..well fuck, I'm preparing my crow pie, but I'm not eating it just yet.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll always put a little more into Will's, Joe's, Tlance's, and Lefty. But honestly if the reasoning is anything more than some derivative of, "that's a stupid question it's player x, end of discussion!", I'll always take the information/opinion to heart

:agree: I am always interested in what the MBBRL A-Leaguers have to say. They are the big leaguers on this board, imo.

In general, I enjoy reading everyone's opinions. SoShady, SteelersPride, MilkSpiller, Kramer and my boy Foot always have something interesting to say.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the banter from most! I am biased to the MBBRL, but there are others, like Shady for one. Treff has steered me right before (last year with Alshon). Stuff happens a lot that make me say "damn, wish I listened to Wil." Joe and Lefty usually set me straight when I'm gone astray. Sam and Chef remind me it's alright to go for it. Tlance is the back to back champ and it's good to listen to his advice.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know. two things: I like to at least listen to all but the guys that take their OWN advice get a bit more attention from me................in other words don't tell me you like RB A and draft/recommend RB B (I know damn well the Monte Ball guys drafted him where they said they would and I have to respect that even if he is killing me in the goofball league)....................as far as folks here, I have found the best thing to do is ask Foot then do the opposite......................sorry Foot, couldn't resist.:lol:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know. two things: I like to at least listen to all but the guys that take their OWN advice get a bit more attention from me................in other words don't tell me you like RB A and draft/recommend RB B (I know damn well the Monte Ball guys drafted him where they said they would and I have to respect that even if he is killing me in the goofball league)....................as far as folks here, I have found the best thing to do is ask Foot then do the opposite......................sorry Foot, couldn't resist.:lol:

Sammy, Foot is doing his best Opposite George over in the B League. He has not made one trade and is playing the wire like a fiddle. Picked up both Knile Davis and Donald Brown last week. :doh:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sammy, Foot is doing his best Opposite George over in the B League. He has not made one trade and is playing the wire like a fiddle. Picked up both Knile Davis and Donald Brown last week. :doh:

Yes, but does he own Chris Johnson?

That is the true test as to whether or not Foot is really himself.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but does he own Chris Johnson?

That is the true test as to whether or not Foot is really himself.

He does not. I believe that dubious honor goes to Micro. Foot is a different person, at least in this league.