• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"Who's your Top 10 NFL QB List?"

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Skinsdad, IMO you were right to leave Stafford off. It could be play-calling at this point but Stafford hasn't looked like a top-10 guy.

Plus he's not a winner.

i am not going to judge him on wins . sonny jurgensen didnt have alot of wins and he is a HOF'r

to me hard not to think he is near the top ten

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Peyton Manning
2. Brees
3. Rogers
4. Brady
5. Eli
6. Flacco
7. Matt Ryan
8. Big Ben
9. Cutler
10. Luck

The rookies have to show more than a year before I can rank them higher. They came out and caught the league suprise but now that the league have seen these rookies and now have adjustments to them and now they have more expectation and more pressure to live up to the hype. I think out of all of them I think Luck will have the better season since he's still under the radar compare to RG3, Russel, kaepernick and will use the hype giving to them to motivate him.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think out of all of them I think Luck will have the better season since he's still under the radar compare to RG3, Russel, kaepernick and will use the hype giving to them to motivate him.

:wtf2:

Luck doesn't care about the hype given to the other guys, just like they didn't care about him receiving a ton of hype last year.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Peyton Manning
2. Brees
3. Rogers
4. Brady
5. Eli
6. Flacco
7. Matt Ryan
8. Big Ben
9. Cutler
10. Luck

The rookies have to show more than a year before I can rank them higher. They came out and caught the league suprise but now that the league have seen these rookies and now have adjustments to them and now they have more expectation and more pressure to live up to the hype. I think out of all of them I think Luck will have the better season since he's still under the radar compare to RG3, Russel, kaepernick and will use the hype giving to them to motivate him.

how does a # 1 pick go under the radar ? if anyone was under the radar in all of this its wilson

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck had all the hype for the Heismann leading into his last year. Did RG3 use that as motivation to obliterate Luck's chances of actually winning it?

Weird logic. Just so happens RG3 is just the better player.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Peyton Manning
2. Brees
3. Rogers
4. Brady
5. Eli
6. Flacco
7. Matt Ryan
8. Big Ben
9. Cutler
10. Luck

I can apply that reasoning to Cam Newton. He's been forgotten about. I think he survived the sophomore slump and should bounce back nicely. I can picture Carolina going 9-7. Hate to say this but if you weren't a Chi-Town guy I don't think you'd have Cutler up there.

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am not going to judge him on wins . sonny jurgensen didnt have alot of wins and he is a HOF'r

so your only reasoning for him being near the top ten is because he has good stats and plays on a crappy team. you could say the same thing about choko. stats are overrated and in some cases wins could be overrated if the qbs team is really good. just stick with YOUR own eye test on these qbs and thats how you should determine how good qbs really are.

66Victoria96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not all about being a Redskins fan as for Griffin over Luck. Yes, Luck threw more than Griffin. But the numbers speak for it self. Luck's completion percentage nearly ranked dead last among starting QBs. He threw way too many interceptions. Griffin on the other hand ranked behind Rodgers and Manning over all in QB rating. Lead the league in average yards per completion and more impressively, threw the least interceptions among starting QBs. All without his #1 receiver in Garçon who mist practically half the season and his primary TE in Fred Davis, who missed all but six games.

66Victoria96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay Cutler!! Are you kidding? The guy is a human turnover machine. Has no heart as demonstrated in the Conference Championship game againts Green Bay, and blames everyone but himself for his poor play. Man....what are you smoking?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so your only reasoning for him being near the top ten is because he has good stats and plays on a crappy team. you could say the same thing about choko. stats are overrated and in some cases wins could be overrated if the qbs team is really good. just stick with YOUR own eye test on these qbs and thats how you should determine how good qbs really are.

stop being either /or . he has good stats , he plays the position well , his team isnt the greatest . i see stafford a lot living in MI . he is a good qb

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
his team isnt the greatest . i see stafford a lot living in MI . he is a good qb
rodgers
brady
manning
brees
ryan
Rg3
luck
wilson
kaepernick
big ben
Your #11
Stafford > Flacco, Eli, Newton

...I respect your opinions but...
I think Stafford is probably 15th right now due to terrible balance in the play-calling.
He hasn't done what Flacco, & Eli has. He had one season similiar to what Brees does all the time & speaking of bad defense...The Panthers would be in the playoffs if it wasn't for the D blowing 4th quarter leads.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Brady
2. Manning
3. Rodgers
4. Brees
5. Eli
6. Ryan
7. Flacco
8. RG3
9. Luck
10. Kaepernick

I never thought much of Flacco until he put up 3 TDs and beat the 49ers in the SB. I'd be a sore loser if I ignored that, plus he has always had a good completion % to go with more TDs than INT every year. I mean, he was just picking on Culliver and Whitner, but, is there something wrong with that?

buried_in_snow

Capt Fucking Awesome
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was also better than Luck last year. It would take RG3 4 seasons to match Luck's INT totals from one season.

Comical.

Luck threw the ball 627 times compared to RGIII's 393.

70% of RGIII's passes were thrown 10 yards or less in the air or behind the line of scrimmage

58% of Luck's passes were thrown 10 yards or less in the air or behind the line of scrimmage

Luck had 354 pass attempts when trailing, which accounted for 14 of his INTs

RGII had only 197 pass attempts when trailing.

Not to mention WAS had the #1 running game in the NFL, replete with a top 5 RB. Luck... not so much.

It's easy to just throw a single stat out there without examining what's behind it. But you're kidding yourself if you think RGIII was asked to do anywhere near the amount of passing than Luck.

buried_in_snow

Capt Fucking Awesome
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Luck made typical rookie mistakes. RG3 didn't..

RGIII didn't?

Could have sworn he got the shit knocked out of him because he chose to run a couple of yards instead of throwing it away, or at least running out of bounds.

Could have sworn he severely sprained his knee because he didn't slide.

Those are rookie mistakes, FYI

buried_in_snow

Capt Fucking Awesome
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the reason the running game was so successful to begin with was BECAUSE of RG3.

That's a reach IMO.

As much as you're sick of the excuse making for Luck, you have to understand you're epitomizing the hyperbole most other fans are sick of when it comes to RGIII.

buried_in_snow

Capt Fucking Awesome
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stafford has a 1-23 record against teams with a .500 or better record.

You have to take that into consideration.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going into next season:

1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Peyton Manning
3. Tom Brady
4. Drew Brees
5. Matt Ryan
6. Russell Wilson
7. Robert Griffin III
8. Colin Kaepernick
9. Eli Manning
10. Big Ben
11. Cam Newton

buried_in_snow

Capt Fucking Awesome
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not all about being a Redskins fan as for Griffin over Luck. Yes, Luck threw more than Griffin. But the numbers speak for it self. Luck's completion percentage nearly ranked dead last among starting QBs. He threw way too many interceptions. Griffin on the other hand ranked behind Rodgers and Manning over all in QB rating. Lead the league in average yards per completion and more impressively, threw the least interceptions among starting QBs. All without his #1 receiver in Garçon who mist practically half the season and his primary TE in Fred Davis, who missed all but six games.

Again:

70% of RGIII's passes were either behind the line of scrimmage or less than 10 yards thrown in the air.

RGIII has 50% of his "passing" yards accredited to YAC
Luck has 39% of his "passing" yards accredited to YAC

So your average yards per completion stat is very much skewed considering YAC is pretty much identical to his actual air yards.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your #11
Stafford > Flacco, Eli, Newton

...I respect your opinions but...
I think Stafford is probably 15th right now due to terrible balance in the play-calling.
He hasn't done what Flacco, & Eli has. He had one season similiar to what Brees does all the time & speaking of bad defense...The Panthers would be in the playoffs if it wasn't for the D blowing 4th quarter leads.

i dont care if flacco has won a superbowl he isnt elite . eli , you have a point there stafford is right there maybe not there yet but at the cusp as is romo (as i gag writing that ) :gaah: