• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"Who's your Top 10 NFL QB List?"

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry never really thought Vincent Jackson a great wideout.

LT was a great back and that helped Rivers. Gates a great receiving TE. But I just never really thought he had wideouts that guys like Brady and Manning had.

Eli was #10 and barely. I get he has the ring and thats something Marino never got but I always thought New York won in spite of Eli. The guy is like Romo without the big arm. Prone to the stupid mistake.

I hate the Bears but have to give Cutler credit. He has shaken the head case tag he had for years.

buried_in_snow

Capt Fucking Awesome
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry never really thought Vincent Jackson a great wideout.

LT was a great back and that helped Rivers. Gates a great receiving TE. But I just never really thought he had wideouts that guys like Brady and Manning had.

Eli was #10 and barely. I get he has the ring and thats something Marino never got but I always thought New York won in spite of Eli. The guy is like Romo without the big arm. Prone to the stupid mistake.

I hate the Bears but have to give Cutler credit. He has shaken the head case tag he had for years.

I don't think VJ is "great" but he certainly posed a big target threat on the outside for sure.

The whole "in spite of Eli" argument is very unsubstantiated IMO. I'm a Giants fan and I've never been one to proclaim greatness for Eli. But in our two SB runs, he played near flawlessly and without him, we don't even come close to sniffing two championships.

For example:

In 2007, yes our DL played phenomenally. But our defense also let up the go-ahead 80 yard TD drive with two minutes to go. Aside from the crazy scramble and catch play, Eli was damn near perfect on that GW SB drive. All the way down to the reading of the defense and audible he called on the throw to Plax in the endzone.

Not to mention he and Montana are the only two QBs in NFL history to have two GA/GW TD drives in the 4th quarter of the SB.

Lastly about 2007... if not for Steve Smith bobbling a perfectly thrown pass deep in NE's territory, chances are Eli's TD:INT for that SB run looks like 7 to 0.

In 2011, the Giants had the 32nd run game, 25th ranked defense (points) and 27th ranked defense (yards) in the NFL. Yet we finished 9-7 and made the playoffs. In said season Eli had 8 4th quarter comebacks/GW drives and set an NFL record with 15 4th quarter TDs. If not for his play we probably finish somewhere around 4-12 for the season.

Then he went on to play masterfully in yet another SB run where he topped it off with one of the greatest throws in SB history to cap off another 4th quarter SB comeback with about a minute to go.

Hardly "in spite of" IMO.

Also - I agree that Cutler has a very unfair reputation put upon him. He's a damn good QB IMO as well.

66Victoria96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the first six in your ranking. However, placing Flacco over Griffin, Manning, and Kaepernick is a reach. Yes, he did have an amazing playoff run but throughout the season as seasons past as well he is too inconsistent. Throw these four in a panel of NFL defensive players and I'd bet the majority would have Flacco at number four.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said they changed TO and zone scheme, i said they changed THE zone scheme.

Power Blocking Scheme vs. Zone Blocking Scheme: Which Do You Prefer? - Hogs Haven

This is going no where. You don't want to hear any argument that IMO Luck is a better QB right now. Your points are right saying that RG3's running ability helps the offense. No one is arguing that. I'm just saying that the running game helping him doesnt make him a better QB than other guys, just a more effective offense as a whole.

They didn't change the blocking scheme from the previous year, period. That's a fact.

As far as Luck goes, that's your opinion. I've already stated mine. But IMO RG3 had the better rookie year by a good margin. Luck has potential and may eventually be better but that wasn't the case last year. All I hear is excuses why he wasn't as good as RG3. We'll agree to disagree.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont have any issues with your discourse. War over there is resistant to an outside view of his team...

As you are resistant to my point of view. I've backed up my opinion. If it were simply a homer point of view as you and BIS want to imply then RG3 wouldn't have

1- won the Heisman over Luck
2- won the rookie of the year over Luck
3- Been voted in as a pro bowler, not as an alternate like Luck was... put voted in outright.

It's not just fans of the Redskins who believe that RG3 is a better player. You gonna use the same arguing tactics on them?

RG3 having a better rookie year than Luck isn't just a Redskin fan perspective. Seems to make you two feel better about your arguments to assert that though.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only Skins fans put Griffin above Luck.

Warpath I'm starting to feel for you. You won the argument a LONG time ago. I haven't read the entire thing but Griffin and Luck are both Amazing, they both had amazing highlights. I can recall seeing Luck about to get sacked yet Launching the Ball 40+ yards on the money either for a completion or TD...can't remember...

Anyway...Griffin was clearly better than Luck in 2012, and in less games. In 2013 Luck could have better numbers and more accomplishments...but in 2012 the NFL gave Griffin the edge and thats all that matters in the end.

Its like arguing over why'd you take Rogers over Brees, haha

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As you are resistant to my point of view. I've backed up my opinion. If it were simply a homer point of view as you and BIS want to imply then RG3 wouldn't have

1- won the Heisman over Luck
2- won the rookie of the year over Luck
3- Been voted in as a pro bowler, not as an alternate like Luck was... put voted in outright.

It's not just fans of the Redskins who believe that RG3 is a better player. You gonna use the same arguing tactics on them?

RG3 having a better rookie year than Luck isn't just a Redskin fan perspective. Seems to make you two feel better about your arguments to assert that though.

My last post in this but here it goes.

1. Heisman doesn't go to the best player, just the most polarizing. That is rather obvious.
2. No one is arguing RG3 had a better year. I'm not sure why you keep going there.
3. He had the better year, naturally he will get the nod.

I haven't seen anyone argue Luck had a better rookie year. You keep going back to that and no one is saying he didn't. My thought is Luck is a better QB. If i was building a team, I would take Luck over RG3. I don't see why you can't grasp that notion.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warpath I'm starting to feel for you. You won the argument a LONG time ago. I haven't read the entire thing but Griffin and Luck are both Amazing, they both had amazing highlights. I can recall seeing Luck about to get sacked yet Launching the Ball 40+ yards on the money either for a completion or TD...can't remember...

Anyway...Griffin was clearly better than Luck in 2012, and in less games. In 2013 Luck could have better numbers and more accomplishments...but in 2012 the NFL gave Griffin the edge and thats all that matters in the end.

Its like arguing over why'd you take Rogers over Brees, haha

He is arguing with himself that Griffin had the better year because no one is denying that. People put lists together of the top 10 QBs in their opinion and some of us put Luck ahead of RG3 and that didn't sit well. It wasn't a list of who had a better year or who was a better team, it was a list of the best QBs and some of us feel despite the numbers that Luck is better. The numbers skew too much to say one guy is better based on numbers...

And with that I am done.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is arguing with himself that Griffin had the better year because no one is denying that. People put lists together of the top 10 QBs in their opinion and some of us put Luck ahead of RG3 and that didn't sit well. It wasn't a list of who had a better year or who was a better team, it was a list of the best QBs and some of us feel despite the numbers that Luck is better. The numbers skew too much to say one guy is better based on numbers...

And with that I am done.

Like I said, I didn't catch everything but if you had a list with Luck ahead of RGIII, that HAS to be respected. Its your opinion. Even the Colts agree with you...they had a choice between the two and took Luck. I'd assume nerves get touched slightly when you say Luck is a better QB than RGIII. He MAY be, but he wasn't in 2012. Ultimately we go to numbers, wins and rings...RGIII had better stats, and its a stalemate in wins.

The quarterbacks have no control over what the coaches want to playcall.
Now to say Luck & RGIII are above Brees or even Eli Manning based on one year would be a stupid opinion

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having the better year as all we have to go on at this point. People want to say Luck rates higher based on nothing that is substantiated. Problem is people won't just say that RG3 had a better year, they have to make bogus attempts to prop Luck up with "yeah but, Luck had a bad offensive line" "Luck had poor WRs" "Luck didn't have this". And even pull out false points from nowhere like "Shanahan changed the blocking schemes last year"... Ignoring that those things could also be attributed to RG3 as if Luck is living in a vacuum that no other player had to contend with.

If you think RG3 had a better season, then just cut out all the crap and say it. And if you are going to rank Luck higher based on projections, don't use bogus claims to support your opinion.