• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"Who's your Top 10 NFL QB List?"

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RGIII attempted how many passes?
Luck attempted how many passes?

What percentage of RGIII's passes were dink and dunks?
What percentage of Luck's passes were dink and dunks?

You conveniently ignore every stat/split that isn't posted through burgundy and gold lenses.

RG3 had how many TD passes per attempt compared to Luck?
Luck had how many INTs per pass attempt compared to RG3?

You are the only one that cares about dink and dunk. RG3 threw less up field. Made less mistakes, and when he did throw down field he didn't make the mistakes that Luck did. In fact, he threw less, but still had the most 40 yard or more TD passes in the league. And that includes Luck.

Keep trying though.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not seeking.

Just merely pointing out that your responses are laden with emotion.

Trust me, after reading your analysis and opinions, the last thing I want you to do is agree with me.

And you play the "troll" card again. Good lord, I guess we can't escape the sophomoric tendencies of ESPN entirely.

Desperately seeking. Replying to every single one of my posts since you registered. You're obsessed it seems. If you weren't replying directly to me, on the Redskins board seeking my attention and approval, I wouldn't care less what you have to say. From my years of reading your posts, I know exactly what you are. And you brought it here from ESPN.

Last edited by a moderator:

buried_in_snow

Capt Fucking Awesome
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are the only one that cares about dink and dunk.

The only time I ever mention it is to give some perspective to your "RGIII only threw 4 INTs compared to Luck's 18"

So far you just throw out one cherry picked stat and don't even substantiate it.

RG3 threw less up field. Made less mistakes, and when he did throw down field he didn't make the mistakes that Luck did. In fact, he threw less, but still had the most 40 yard or more TD passes in the league. And that includes Luck.

Keep trying though.

You keep throwing out the one other cherry picked stat: 40+ yard TDs. lol

And I don't need to try... you just keep making your own bed :noidea:

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only time I ever mention it is to give some perspective to your "RGIII only threw 4 INTs compared to Luck's 18"

So far you just throw out one cherry picked stat and don't even substantiate it.

You would have a point if it weren't for the fact that RG3 threw more TDs per attempt than Luck. And Less INTs per attempt than Luck. All you can come up with is "Luck threw it farther" in your attempts to make excuses for his poor decisions.

You keep throwing out the one other cherry picked stat: 40+ yard TDs. lol
What cherry picked stat would that be? You keep bringing up that Luck threw the ball down the field more than RG3 did and I'm pointing out that when RG3 threw the ball down the field he was prolific. AND, more efficient than anyone else in the league when doing it.

It's hilarious that when you throw out a garbage statistic and beg me to refute it, all you can do is say it's a cherry picked stat when your argument is destroyed.

And I don't need to try... you just keep making your own bed :noidea:
What's that, a cliche'? :clap:

RG3 had a better rookie season than Luck, no matter how many excuses you want to make for Luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, you're way too emotional to be objective or ultimately rational.

Look, guy. He's responding with valid points and you disagree. You seem unsatisfied until he agrees with you. Let it go. You've made your points and he's made his. Don't diminish the conversation by insulting his "rationality." Good debate, you guys.

FYI - there is a Giants' or Colts' board around the corner if you are seeking people that agree with you.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His first few messages on this forum were to ask what he can get away with.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the intent of some of the replies is to suggest that RG3 had a low INT rate simply because the Skins ran the ball a lot & threw short passes then I believe that those posts are way off base. When he was asked to RG3 threw very good deep balls that were very accurate. Look at the TD pass to Moss during the 1st Giants game - you could not ask for a better pass.

I believe RG3 is very good at both accuracy & decision making so I have all the confidence in the world that he can make deep throws - as good or better than someone like Luck. Call me a homer, but I will go with RG3 any day the week with the only obvious concern being his health which hopefully becomes a non-issue over time.

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady
Brady
Brady
Brady
Brady
brady
Brady
Brady
Brady

12 miles

Rodgers and Brees

:whistle:

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady
Brady
Brady
Brady
Brady
brady
Brady
Brady
Brady

12 miles

Rodgers and Brees

:whistle:

Hmmm - yet he was outplayed by Flacco when it really mattered. Too bad.

buried_in_snow

Capt Fucking Awesome
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the intent of some of the replies is to suggest that RG3 had a low INT rate simply because the Skins ran the ball a lot & threw short passes then I believe that those posts are way off base. When he was asked to RG3 threw very good deep balls that were very accurate. Look at the TD pass to Moss during the 1st Giants game - you could not ask for a better pass.

I believe RG3 is very good at both accuracy & decision making so I have all the confidence in the world that he can make deep throws - as good or better than someone like Luck. Call me a homer, but I will go with RG3 any day the week with the only obvious concern being his health which hopefully becomes a non-issue over time.

Running the ball and dink and dunking definitely is a major factor in a low INT rate.

That isn't to say RGIII is inaccurate or can't throw deep.

They are mutually exclusive.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is decision making. Luck wouldn't have so many INTs if he didn't throw into double and triple coverage regularly, but read the defense properly and hit the OPEN receivers. He forced the ball quite a bit and paid for it. I'm sure he will improve on that.

Like I said, RG3 threw deep more efficiently than anyone else in the league. He plays smarter and doesn't put his team in bad positions with bad decisions throwing the ball. And that's rare for a rookie no matter what the offense is.

buried_in_snow

Capt Fucking Awesome
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is decision making. Luck wouldn't have so many INTs if he didn't throw into double and triple coverage regularly, but read the defense properly and hit the OPEN receivers. He forced the ball quite a bit and paid for it. I'm sure he will improve on that.

Like I said, RG3 threw deep more efficiently than anyone else in the league. He plays smarter and doesn't put his team in bad positions with bad decisions throwing the ball. And that's rare for a rookie no matter what the offense is.

Even when I'm not replying to you, you still reply to me.

And I'm the "obsessed" one?

Okay.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even when I'm not replying to you, you still reply to me.

And I'm the "obsessed" one?

Okay.

You're posting on a Redskins board. If you don't want to be replied to here go talk on the Giants board.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. We gave our opinions so stfu about not putting RG3 above God on this list

2. Stats and records have nothing to do with how good a QB is. If you think so then you know nothing about scouting talent. Put Peyton Manning on the Browns and tell me if his stats would be good. The surrounding cast is what makes a QB stats good. The Skins had a great OL and a great running game. Those 2 things will make any QB in the NFL put up good numbers. If you disagree then you don't know football. The Colts OL sucked. The don't have the playmakers on the outside, they can't run the ball. Luck HAS to make throws he shouldn't because he will be getting hit within 4 seconds and its the only chance the team has to move the ball when the team is down. You are going to lose if you don't score so trying to make a play isn't hurting anything but his stats.

3. Comparing QB stats from different systems is meaningless. The Redskins' passing game was a lot of play action short passes, screens, and slants. Those will yield high completion % and many YAC. The Colts run a pro-style offense with no running game. The defense knows the pass is coming.

Saying 1 QB is better than another is a tough thing to do. You can argue that a certain QB makes an offense better (Griffin will run the Redskins offense much better than Peyton would) but to say this guy had better stats, therefor he is better is ridiculous.

buried_in_snow

Capt Fucking Awesome
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems a select few of the Redskins fans on this board are way too emotional and biased to even begin grasping the simplicity of your post.

I tried, then I even provided stats/splits/facts, and yet it didn't even make a dent in said select fews' resilient homerism.

:noidea:

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2. Stats and records have nothing to do with how good a QB is. If you think so then you know nothing about scouting talent. Put Peyton Manning on the Browns and tell me if his stats would be good. The surrounding cast is what makes a QB stats good. The Skins had a great OL and a great running game. Those 2 things will make any QB in the NFL put up good numbers. If you disagree then you don't know football. The Colts OL sucked. The don't have the playmakers on the outside, they can't run the ball. Luck HAS to make throws he shouldn't because he will be getting hit within 4 seconds and its the only chance the team has to move the ball when the team is down. You are going to lose if you don't score so trying to make a play isn't hurting anything but his stats.

You are hilarious.

Going into last season the Redskin offensive line was considered one of the worst offensive lines in football and a dire need heading into last offseason. No starters changed up front from the previous year with the exception of Polombus, who is terrible at RT. And the perception about this offensive line did a 180 in one season. Now... why is that?

Last year everyone was also saying that our WRs sucked as well. Now all the sudden we have people like you saying Luck was doing things all on his own and had a terrible offensive line. RG3 doesn't have a Hall of Fame WR to throw to like Luck did. In fact RG3's two best options were injured for half the season. Garcon with his foot and Fred Davis with his achilles.

Fact is Luck was a rookie and not at the point in his career where he could make players around him better on the same level that RG3 did for his team.

What talent did Manning have around him in Denver? He made THAT talent better. He would go to the Browns and obviously make that talent around him better too.

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
buried_in_snow, we don't allow posters to camp on other team's boards and troll, like at ESPN. Please check your PM's.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going into last season the Redskin offensive line was considered one of the worst offensive lines in football and a dire need heading into last offseason. No starters changed up front from the previous year with the exception of Polombus, who is terrible at RT. And the perception about this offensive line did a 180 in one season. Now... why is that?

You don't have a 1600 yard RB with a bad OL. Any fool would see that.

Last year everyone was also saying that our WRs sucked as well. Now all the sudden we have people like you saying Luck was doing things all on his own and had a terrible offensive line. RG3 doesn't have a Hall of Fame WR to throw to like Luck did. In fact RG3's two best options were injured for half the season. Garcon with his foot and Fred Davis with his achilles.

Wash had play makers at WR, not big names. The Colts WR are old or just not that good.

Fact is Luck was a rookie and not at the point in his career where he could make players around him better on the same level that RG3 did for his team.

What talent did Manning have around him in Denver? He made THAT talent better. He would go to the Browns and obviously make that talent around him better too.

Manning had Demarious Thomas, a stud WR. Eric Decker, a great WR, McGahee who is a play maker, and Brandon Stokely who is consistent. Manning had players around him.

buried_in_snow

Capt Fucking Awesome
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
buried_in_snow, we don't allow posters to camp on other team's boards and troll, like at ESPN. Please check your PM's.

Which is why I posted in the site suggestion forum asking:

1. Is heated debate on rival's boards allowed? Yes, was the answer

2. What is the definition of trolling? Linked up my posts and specifically asked if those were examples. No, was the answer

I understand there is a fine line/gray area between offering differing perspectives and "trolling" so it becomes subjective. I do not believe I was doing the latter.

But I'll tone it down for Redskins fans (and fans of the respective teams) on the team boards.

:peace:

buried_in_snow

Capt Fucking Awesome
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning had Demarious Thomas, a stud WR. Eric Decker, a great WR, McGahee who is a play maker, and Brandon Stokely who is consistent. Manning had players around him.

Peyton's OL in Denver is pretty close to great as well.

Clady is, IMO, one of the top young OLTs in the game.