• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who's the Closer???

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opening day if Weezy can't go?

I think Bochy will choose: Romo or Affeldt per Baggs. (Leaning towards Affeldt as Bochy seems to have more confidence in older relievers.....althought that could be a misperception of mine.....no analysis went into my reasoning so take it with a grain of salt)

I want Bochy to choose: Casilla. I think he has nasty stuff, and I think his career will eventually lead him to that path. Maybe we can showcase him and maximize his trade value.

Last edited by a moderator:

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By committee

Romo

BTW, it looks like it's going to rain all day here and my Giants/Rockies ticket will be useless....

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think Bochy will choose: Romo

I want Bochy to choose: Affeldt

Romo is almost unhittable when he's on. There's no doubt abut that. But the guy has too many moments where his stuff isn't there and he tried to force it. I do not want to think about Romo throwing one of his patented sliders and having it hang up as it sails acorss home plate where my 11-year-old son could hit it into the stands.

Sure, Affeldt has a tough year last year, but he's a lot less likely to give up the big ly while trying to force his pitches to do things they don't want to do.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By committee

Romo

BTW, it looks like it's going to rain all day here and my Giants/Rockies ticket will be useless....

Your Romosexual leanings remain strong my friend.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romosexuals, UNITE!

I think the duty would go to Affeldt though, we all know Bochy likes to go with the experience, which not not a criticism in this case.

Look at the career saves:

Affeldt, 22 saves
Casilla, 6 saves
Lopez , 4 saves
Ramirez, 4 saves
Romo, 2 saves

Affeldt clearly has the most history there, therefore he would be the closer IMO and I wouldn't mind him at the end of games. Hopefully we wont need him though.

BTW, 6 days from tomorrow until Opening DAY!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romosexuals, UNITE!

I think the duty would go to Affeldt though, we all know Bochy likes to go with the experience, which not not a criticism in this case.

Look at the career saves:

Affeldt, 22 saves
Casilla, 6 saves
Lopez , 4 saves
Ramirez, 4 saves
Romo, 2 saves

Affeldt clearly has the most history there, therefore he would be the closer IMO and I wouldn't mind him at the end of games. Hopefully we wont need him though.

BTW, 6 days from tomorrow until Opening DAY!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I think we're definitely going to need someone, at least for a week or two. I think Boch will mix and match depending upon the batter. Affeldt, Casilla, and Romo will get their chances.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't rule out Kroon. I think he is a long shot because of the 40 crunch, but he is CLEARLY the most experienced closer on the roster after Wilson, and has had a solid spring (and is one of Boch's guys).

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't rule out Kroon. I think he is a long shot because of the 40 crunch, but he is CLEARLY the most experienced closer on the roster after Wilson, and has had a solid spring (and is one of Boch's guys).

Kroon is intriguing, but I don't see him on the roster come March 31.