• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who's our Offensive Coordinator next year?

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to give you a chance to take that back, or to amend it.

Jim Colletto, the worst offensive coordinator in the history of football, had plenty of experience as the worst OC in the history of football before the Lions gave him the job in 2008. Nobody out there is on Jim Colletto's level, but there are plenty of guys out there looking for jobs who have run offenses before and suck at it.

Of course there will be those out there too. Want experience and success. We got away with hiring PP because he just oversees MPs defense. MP knows crap about offense other than you have to have a run game as well as a pass game. The OC has to be able to run the offense on his own.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chad O'Shea was set to take over the Patriots OC when McDaniels accepted the Colts job last year.

I'll bet all of my SportsHoopla bucks on O'Shea. He and Patricia were good friends and O'Shea has a brain similar to Patricia's. Aeronautical Engineering and rocket stuff. That and O'Shea will kick Stafford's ass if he doesn't get his shit together. O'Shea also knows how to get the max out a wide receiver.......ask TB12..

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really can't hate Jim Bob too much.

The offense was really good under him the first two years and Stafford got better.
Not his fault for the lack of talent on offense. It's the GM's job to supply that. Stafford was throwing to UDFA types, couple that with handing off to Zenner, Riddick and Blount. You might as well kiss your ass goodbye.

Revisionist history. Our offense sucked in the first 3 to 3 1/2 quarters for the 2 previous years, Stafford just went out there in the 4th quarter running no huddle hurry up offense without Jim Bob calling any plays for him. All of the sudden we were back in and even winning a bunch of games.

I'll give 'ol Cooter some credit for the scheme and concepts, but hes never been a good playcaller.

Zwalt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,173.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate it, but I'm guessing it will be Godsey.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Revisionist history. Our offense sucked in the first 3 to 3 1/2 quarters for the 2 previous years, Stafford just went out there in the 4th quarter running no huddle hurry up offense without Jim Bob calling any plays for him. All of the sudden we were back in and even winning a bunch of games.

I'll give 'ol Cooter some credit for the scheme and concepts, but hes never been a good playcaller.

His short game passing concepts allowed Stafford to get in a groove early in games so that he could make longer throws more efficiently later in games. Stafford is one of the streakiest QB's in football. That short passing game also helped out a lot as an extension of our non existent running game and played to Golden tate's strengths.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont really care who it is as long as it is someone with experience as an OC. I dont want any more reaches and certainly noone who was under JBC. They are as much to blame as he was if not more so.
Bob Quinn is to blame.

His actions are responsible for that offense.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could have scored some points against the Jets and 49ers. Instead they were picking passes off left and right and knew every play as soon as they lined up.

They scored 27 points against the Niners. What are you talking about? lol.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chad O'Shea was set to take over the Patriots OC when McDaniels accepted the Colts job last year.

I'll bet all of my SportsHoopla bucks on O'Shea. He and Patricia were good friends and O'Shea has a brain similar to Patricia's. Aeronautical Engineering and rocket stuff. That and O'Shea will kick Stafford's ass if he doesn't get his shit together. O'Shea also knows how to get the max out a wide receiver.......ask TB12..

Not really interested in any more NE castoffs until EVEN ONE of them can show some success outside of Bill Belicheck.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They scored 27 points against the Niners. What are you talking about? lol.

Down 30-13 in the 4th before SF went into prevent and gave up 2 garbage time score. Stafford famous for not making himself look as bad by padding his stats in games out of reach.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Down 30-13 in the 4th before SF went into prevent and gave up 2 garbage time score. Stafford famous for not making himself look as bad by padding his stats in games out of reach.

Statsford padding his stats? NO WAY!

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy is trying to get back in to the NFL:

Lions' next OC?

jim-harbaugh-102615-usnews-getty-ftr_13y00l0y0j81s1pbomp1svdnkw.0.0.jpg

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three OC's the Lions were reportedly interested are all going elsewhere. Sarkisian heading back to Bama. Monken and Hackett both take OC jobs that don't give them control of the offense, as Kitchens and LaFleur are both retaining play-calling duties.

I'm not heart-broken over any of them (wouldn't have minded Monken; dodged a bullet with Hackett), but it's not a great look. Most likely, Patricia didn't extend offers to any of them because he's just waiting on a buddy from New England (oh joy). But if that's not the case, there's a problem here. The Lions OC position should be a more attractive gig than the Browns or Packers because it comes with authority over the offense, which is what coaches strive for.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three OC's the Lions were reportedly interested are all going elsewhere. Sarkisian heading back to Bama. Monken and Hackett both take OC jobs that don't give them control of the offense, as Kitchens and LaFleur are both retaining play-calling duties.

I'm not heart-broken over any of them (wouldn't have minded Monken; dodged a bullet with Hackett), but it's not a great look. Most likely, Patricia didn't extend offers to any of them because he's just waiting on a buddy from New England (oh joy). But if that's not the case, there's a problem here. The Lions OC position should be a more attractive gig than the Browns or Packers because it comes with authority over the offense, which is what coaches strive for.

Thats probably a good thing then. Those guys obviously didnt want the responsibility. I just hope it is noone from our current staff. I want to clean house on that side.

Chief602

Resident Wookie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there truly a homerun hire available?? Who, if anyone, could Patricia hire that would satisfy this board?? Not a shot at anyone just don't see a candidate that would be a real crowd pleaser. The possibilities are getting slim, it'll either be a Patriot, possibly a coach from the Rams staff or Godsey. I just don't see a viable OC that will get the Lion fan base anywhere near as happy as they are in Ann Arbor with the Gattis hire.