• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who's our new AD gonna be?

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My rules for the hiring of the next AD

1. Must have PLAYED or coached football anywhere
2. Bonus points if they did it at Nebraska
3. Be nice if they have coaching experience or athletic director experience, but not necessary
4. Be nice if they played or coached with Bob Devaney or Tom Osborne
5. Must not have any ties to the University of Texas, but they can be from the State of Texas
6. Cannot be over the age of 65 unless your name is Rich Glover
7. The initials cannot be SB, SC SD, SE, SG, SP, ST, SV, or SZ

One person that has already been mentioned is Dave Rimington. He has NFL experience and he runs Esiason's foundation.

some others I will throw out
Rich Glover - coaches high school football in New Jersey, played for Bob Devaney. He can relate to high school kids, maybe help with the New Jersey pipeline. If I was someone at Nebraska with power I would reach out to Glover before the Rutgers game and offer him free tickets for his entire football team to the game and free bus ride to and from.

Turner Gill - I don't know if he likes coaching more than anything, but I would reach out to him. He played for Tom Osborne

old coaches - I was trying to think of old coaches, but not too old. I want someone like Steve Spurrier, but younger.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My rules for the hiring of the next AD

1. Must have PLAYED or coached football anywhere
2. Bonus points if they did it at Nebraska
3. Be nice if they have coaching experience or athletic director experience, but not necessary
4. Be nice if they played or coached with Bob Devaney or Tom Osborne
5. Must not have any ties to the University of Texas, but they can be from the State of Texas
6. Cannot be over the age of 65 unless your name is Rich Glover
7. The initials cannot be SB, SC SD, SE, SG, SP, ST, SV, or SZ

One person that has already been mentioned is Dave Rimington. He has NFL experience and he runs Esiason's foundation.

some others I will throw out
Rich Glover - coaches high school football in New Jersey, played for Bob Devaney. He can relate to high school kids, maybe help with the New Jersey pipeline. If I was someone at Nebraska with power I would reach out to Glover before the Rutgers game and offer him free tickets for his entire football team to the game and free bus ride to and from.

Turner Gill - I don't know if he likes coaching more than anything, but I would reach out to him. He played for Tom Osborne

old coaches - I was trying to think of old coaches, but not too old. I want someone like Steve Spurrier, but younger.
You realize this job is ATHLETIC director, and not just football director, right?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that...however, just because someone is good in the football world does not make them a good administrator.

So which ghey/lesbo sport do you think the AD should have the most knowledge and place the highest priority on?

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So which ghey/lesbo sport do you think the AD should have the most knowledge and place the highest priority on?
I'd prefer someone have experience running an athletic department as a whole. Administrator does not equal coach. I want an AD who supports all of our programs, because that's their job. I'd take someone with a good track record in an athletic administration role over a former football coach with no administrative experience.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd prefer someone have experience running an athletic department as a whole. Administrator does not equal coach. I want an AD who supports all of our programs, because that's their job. I'd take someone with a good track record in an athletic administration role over a former football coach with no administrative experience.

So an AD with no expertise in any particular sport. OK

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck filling the stands for the Women's Rifle Team.

I hope they can support the football program.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that what I said? This is not a black and white issue, no matter how much you try to make it out to be.

Here's some "black and white" for ya...

Who coached the San Diego Chargers to their worst record (1-15) in franchise history?

Hint: The same individual coached them to (5-11) the following year and was FIRED.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be honest with you guys........if we got a guy who put the majority of his focus on Football, it wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit.

:dhd:

Our Basketball program is on the right path anyways.....don't need anymore help there.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 25 Worst NFL Teams of All-Time

#9 San Diego Chargers

The 25 Worst NFL Teams of All Time - 9. 2000 San Diego Chargers

"Record: 1-15
Head coach: Mike Riley

The Chargers were bad—real, real, real, real, reeeeeeal bad—when it came to gaining rushing yards (and they were forced to rush a lot since Ryan Leaf was their quarterback at the time). They ended the 2000 NFL season with just 1,062 yards on the ground, making them the least successful rushing team of all time. They actually lost a handful of games by three points or less—including three games by one point and two games by two points—but, unfortunately, a loss is a loss regardless of how many points you lose by. And the Chargers ended the season with 15 losses."

Last edited:

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just plain only really give a fuck about Football and Basketball, so I'm going to be biased about this.

Theeee other programs could go in the shitter for all I really care. Just me being selfish....I know.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 25 Worst NFL Teams of All-Time

#9 San Diego Chargers

The 25 Worst NFL Teams of All Time - 9. 2000 San Diego Chargers

"Record: 1-15
Head coach: Mike Riley

The Chargers were bad—real, real, real, real, reeeeeeal bad—when it came to gaining rushing yards (and they were forced to rush a lot since Ryan Leaf was their quarterback at the time). They ended the 2000 NFL season with just 1,062 yards on the ground, making them the least successful rushing team of all time. They actually lost a handful of games by three points or less—including three games by one point and two games by two points—but, unfortunately, a loss is a loss regardless of how many points you lose by. And the Chargers ended the season with 15 losses."
So what you're saying is you don't want Riley to be hired as AD? Think you're safe.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just plain only really give a fuck about Football and Basketball, so I'm going to be biased about this.

Theeee other programs could go in the shitter for all I really care. Just me being selfish....I know.

I'd go 1) Football, 2) Baseball, 3) Basketball

But yeah.

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1
Don't forget BOWLING guise..... We are really good at the ladies bowling.... Multiple National Championships...

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget BOWLING guise..... We are really good at the ladies bowling.... Multiple National Championships...

I would turn in all of the trophies that both Bowling and Volleyball have ever produced to get my Football back.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We shall pack Husker Lanes, drink burr, and watch the ladies bowl.