• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who's had the best and worst FA?

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This offseason has been very interesting. For the first time in recent memory I think a fair amount of teams have really helped themselves this year. The Raiders have really struggled and The Panthers have have absolutely nobody for Cam Newton to throw to, but other than that it's hard to find teams that have done a terrible job.

Best:

Obviously there are the givens...

Broncos - I hate them. I really don't want to get into it.

Patriots - I really like the Brandon Lafell signing as well as Revis, Browner, and Edelman. Now if only they can get Wilfork to stay.

Bucs - I don't know how they attracted so many guys, but whatever they are doing is working. I really like the McCown signing.

Colts - I love the signings of Arthur Jones, Hakeem Nicks, and D'Qwell Jackson. They targeted a few guys who could fill in at key positions and landed them. This is a very dangerous football team.

Falcons - Bulking up on the OL and DL was very smart of them. I still like the potential of Gabe Carimi and Jon Asamoah was a nice pick up. Paul Soliai and Tyson Jackson will help to improve that Defensive front. They still have a very high draft pick to work with as well.

Jags - That's right, I said it. With the additions Red Bryant, Ziggy Hood, and Chris Clemons to that defensive line and re-signing Will Blackmon and Jason Babin they seem to be moving in a positive direction. On the Offensive side they added Zane Beadles and got rid of Blaine Gabbert. Baby steps.

Giants - They added some nice pieces. Walter Thurmond, DRC (even though they probably over paid), Geoff Schwartz, O'Brien Schofield, J.D. Walton, Jameel McClain, and Trindon Holliday will all add to helping the Giants gain control of that weakened division.

Worst:

Raiders for obvious reasons. They really should of found a way to keep Houston and Veldheer, add some other pieces to their Offense and Defense, and at least picked up a backup QB. Maybe they know something the rest of us don't.

Panthers - They really need help on that offensive line and it appears as though they only want rookie receivers on this team. Luckily they can really help themselves out in the draft this year.

Packers had a ton of cap space to work with and sure, they signed Julius Peppers (34) to a 3 year deal, I just feel as though they could have done more.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Seattle got a lot weaker. They lost quite a bit on defense and 2 of their better WR's over the last several years. Granted Rice has been hurt and did not contribute much last year. It still weakens them there to lose him and Tate in the same year. They have some pretty key losses on defense though. They will still be a top defense in the league and have playmakers, but I don't see the 2014 Seattle defense being as good as the 2013 group. I guess maybe the draft could change some of that, but it's not like they just lost 1 or 2 guys.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I think the Broncos had one of the worst offseasons. They should've gotten Peppers instead of Ware IMO. Ware is clearly better playing in a 3-4. And I wasn't overly impressed by the Ward & Sanders signings. Browner? Pfft! I'm actually quite happy the Broncos signed him.

The Patriots' signing of Revis to a 1-year deal was brilliant. Well done.

As much as I hate to say it, Seattle is doing quite well. Re-signing Bennett was huge, and they got him at a small discount. I haven't seen the contract details, but when I saw that they signed Henry Melton I wanted to break something. And letting Tate walk was the right decision.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Broncos had one of the worst offseasons. They should've gotten Peppers instead of Ware IMO. Ware is clearly better playing in a 3-4. And I wasn't overly impressed by the Ward & Sanders signings. Browner? Pfft! I'm actually quite happy the Broncos signed him.

As much as I hate to say it, Seattle is doing quite well. Re-signing Bennett was huge, and they got him at a small discount. I haven't seen the contract details, but when I saw that they signed Henry Melton I wanted to break something. And letting Tate walk was the right decision.

I literally just said FUCK out loud. Sick you can't be messing with my emotions man. He didn't sign he is in Dallas on a visit.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree packers could of done more, plus they lost james. overall i think denver did well kind of what the eagles did a few years ago. will it work who knows. Happy to see Seattle lose alot of talent. im
happy with what the 49ers did wish we did a little more but happy we still have the draft where we can do some damage.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh yeah Pats did really well.

Nastastical

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Didn't Browner sign with the Patriots?

Also Seattle is having a horrible offseason. Yeah they resigned Bennett to a very cap friendly deal, but they still lost Red Bryant, Walter Thurmond III, Brandon Browner, and Golden Tate; that's a crucial starter on the defensive line, two crucial starters in the secondary, and their number one receiver.

Now this can all change if they sign both Henry Melton and Jared Allen, while also having a great draft. Otherwise I fully believe that they will take a step back next season

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I literally just said FUCK out loud. Sick you can't be messing with my emotions man. He didn't sign he is in Dallas on a visit.

]

Sorry for the standard, irresponsible journalism. Unlike Pozz, nobody will ever accuse me of being Adam Schefter.

:redface:

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also Seattle is having a horrible offseason. Yeah they resigned Bennett to a very cap friendly deal, but they still lost Red Bryant, Walter Thurmond III, Brandon Browner, and Golden Tate; that's a crucial starter on the defensive line, two crucial starters in the secondary, and their number one receiver.

Now this can all change if they sign both Henry Melton and Jared Allen, while also having a great draft. Otherwise I fully believe that they will take a step back next season

I hope Allen signs with the Cowgirls and Melton signs with the Viqueens

Nastastical

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shit, I forgot to mention that they also lost Chris Clemons, Breno Giacomini and special teams stud Chris Maragos.

Seattle has a great track record drafting gems, and they will definitely need to lean on that this upcoming draft if they want to successfully defend their title next season.

Nastastical

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears he did. I was looking at the wrong team when I posted that.

So one good signing for the Pats; one bad.

I don't believe Browner is a bad signing if the Patriots intend to use him like the Seahawks did. Now the real question is how will he perform if he's no longer using PED's; which I fully believe he was actually busted for and not marijuana.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit, I forgot to mention that they also lost Chris Clemons, Breno Giacomini and special teams stud Chris Maragos.

Seattle has a great track record drafting gems, and they will definitely need to lean on that this upcoming draft if they want to successfully defend their title next season.

This name sounds familiar did he play for the 49ers?

Nastastical

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This name sounds familiar did he play for the 49ers?

Not that I know of.

The Maragos loss will go under the radar, but this could have the same impact on them that losing Blake Costanzo had on us and our special team units.

As of right now the Seahawks are worse on offense, defense and special teams.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't the Broncos run a 3-4 Defense? They also got Ward at a fairly cheap price. I like the signing. I think the Emanuel Sanders pick up will ultimately be pretty clutch for them. Peyton will make him a 1,000 receiver at the very least. I'm just worried that they don't have enough protection on that OL for Peyton.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't the Broncos run a 3-4 Defense? They also got Ward at a fairly cheap price. I like the signing. I think the Emanuel Sanders pick up will ultimately be pretty clutch for them. Peyton will make him a 1,000 receiver at the very least. I'm just worried that they don't have enough protection on that OL for Peyton.

No John Fox runs a 4-3. They did run a 3-4 before he got there though

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst:

Raiders for obvious reasons. They really should of found a way to keep Houston and Veldheer, add some other pieces to their Offense and Defense, and at least picked up a backup QB. Maybe they know something the rest of us don't.

My East Bay buddy: "They let Houston & Veldheer leave?! Typical Raider bullshit" :laugh3: