• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who's had the best and worst FA?

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody who thinks DeSean Jackson isn't a good fit for Chip Kelly's Offense isn't paying attention. He had career highs in Receptions, Yards, and TD's this year. I think he's a pretty good fit.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 506.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You lost your secondary Depth. That is big.

Yes, we lost our #3 & #4 CB. Our FO let them walk without making a strong effort to retain them.
At the least, the guys on the roster who will replace BB and WT3 are players with no suspension/injury history.
It is possible we have improved our depth (Lane/Shead/Simon) because of that and knowing our FO they will select a mid to low round CB in the draft.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 506.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's cool bro. It wouldn't be the 49ers board without delusional Seahawks homers coming to share their delusions. I can't imagine the team not getting worse after losing all those guys

Wilson is going to get a massive contract? I can't wait, there goes the Seahawks Superbowl aspirations! That won't be for another year or so though, right?

Yeah, it's cool. I am aware of which forum I am on and any cold shoulder treatment isn't without merit.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no way u improved but there still is the draft so u never know.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I am not convinced Seattle is weaker. The only 2 players the Seahawks really wanted to keep was Tate and Clint McDonald. We will need to find a lower cost replacement for Tate, but we have 2 DT's from last years draft that we hope one of them can replace CM. I think there is a pretty good chance of that happening because of the talent on our DL will take some pressure off Jesse Williams or Jordan Hill to replace CM who was cut by us at the end of last year's TC and later resigned to the club.
Others lost...
Maragos: solid ST'r but replaceable, Lockette and Lane are our excellent gunners.
Giacomini: Some feel his replacement is on the roster in either 2nd year players Bowie or Baily. Both played last year. I am sure we will look at OL in the draft.
Browner/WT3: I would have liked to keep both but rumor says PC was done with both of them and I did not see any true effort made in a resign. Both would have been #3 or #4 on our depth chart. Lane now moves to #3 and Pete is high on youngster Shead.
We released Clem, Sidney, and Red Bryant. All 3 on the decline and all 3 expensive. If you look at their production vs their contract it was easy to see it was time to go.
With the massive contracts that ET, Sherm, and RW should get, Seattle needs to trim any fat on the roster to try to make it fit.
The team is now $20M under the cap and will need a little more to make it all come together.

I am not trying to rub any of you the wrong way with this post. It is meant to merely inform and provide a different angle to look at.

Sure, it was the right decision to make for the team, but they are still losses the team is likely to feel. Losing Bryant and McDonald hurts the run D, though they do have younger players stepping in. I think Clemons' loss will be felt, even though he was flagging a bit on the field.

Seattle definitely has some holes to fill. I really wonder how that team would look without Lynch. I thought he should be an MVP candidate given just how much he does after contact, and how much the team relies on his production. Turbin and Michael are interesting players, but I don't think many guys in the league could do what Lynch does in terms of turning short gains or even losses into four or five-yard runs.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You lost your secondary Depth. That is big.

They have shown an incredible ability to fill holes in the secondary. Thurmond, Maxwell, and Lane all stepped in and played very well last year. Until they fail to find replacements, I think we've got to assume they'll be okay at that position.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
And to get back to the main point of the thread, I actually like what the Raiders have done. They've added a couple older guys on the downside, but they're former elite players who, even in their twilight years, can contribute. Perhaps more importantly, they should bring some stability to a locker room that desperately needs it. I think they're better off with Penn than Saffold, given the contracts. And Brown shores up a starting spot.

There's no way they're catching the Broncos this year, but that wouldn't have happened no matter what they did. They need to work on filling out the base and developing players, and the guys they brought in should help with that.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And to get back to the main point of the thread, I actually like what the Raiders have done. They've added a couple older guys on the downside, but they're former elite players who, even in their twilight years, can contribute. Perhaps more importantly, they should bring some stability to a locker room that desperately needs it. I think they're better off with Penn than Saffold, given the contracts. And Brown shores up a starting spot.

There's no way they're catching the Broncos this year, but that wouldn't have happened no matter what they did. They need to work on filling out the base and developing players, and the guys they brought in should help with that.

Weren't the Raiders something like $50 million under the cap? They have soom room to make moves. Reggie Mckenzie needs to start showing some progress soon or he is going to be shown the door.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Weren't the Raiders something like $50 million under the cap? They have soom room to make moves. Reggie Mckenzie needs to start showing some progress soon or he is going to be shown the door.

Yeah, it's not a good FA period for the guys in power, but for the longterm future of the team, I like the way they've addressed it.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's not a good FA period for the guys in power, but for the longterm future of the team, I like the way they've addressed it.

I would say this off season for the Raiders has been a mixed bag. They let probably two of their most talented players on their roster go to other teams for very reasonable price tags then were willing to overpay for a couple of guys that had less talent than what they let go. Still they have done decent at finding some decent talent that still allows them room to make a few more moves. Honestly if they can find a quarterback in this draft that can produce very quickly they could find themselves up at #2 in the AFC West as I think the Chiefs losing so much talent this Off Season and the Chargers not having a ton of Cap Space could mean they back slide a bit especially with playing the NFC West. 8-8 might be good enough for 2nd this year in the division. I think the Raiders are still a year or two away with some good drafts (although McKenzie has been pretty terrible in the draft) from competing once again. (Man that burned my fingers to type that).

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im surprised no one is saying the Browns are having a good free agency. Yeah they lost some players but they added Dansby, Whitner, Tate and they got Andrew Hawkins cuz the Bengals didnt match the offer.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Im surprised no one is saying the Browns are having a good free agency. Yeah they lost some players but they added Dansby, Whitner, Tate and they got Andrew Hawkins cuz the Bengals didnt match the offer.

I like the Tate pickup for them, but they lost Jackson and added Dansby, and lost Ward and added Whitner. At best, those moves just about even out. At worst, they are worse on D.