• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who's gonna miss the 'stick?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
If this were 15 years ago, I might be a little nostalgic about this being the last season at Candlestick, but at this point I'm just happy to see it go. It and the Oakland Colosseum are the 2 worst stadiums in the NFL, and it should've been replaced a long time ago.

And I'm MUCH happier with the team playing in Santa Clara than in SF. It's a much better spot for a stadium.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll miss it in some ways because the 49ers have played their for so long, but at the end of the day it's still a crappy old baseball stadium. I'm very happy after all these titles and years the 49ers finally get a real NFL Stadium to call home.

I still remember how upset fans in Atlanta were when they tore down Fulton County Stadium because the Braves had called that place home for so long, and Hank Aaron broke the record in it. Turner Field though is a much nicer ballpark to see a baseball game at. You could buy a cheap ticket to get in and spend the entire game walking around the stadium and eating or playing in the park area watching the game on the giant screen if you wanted.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to go to the last game there. They have a tough schedule but I can't imagine that they wont have a home playoff game. It sucks because I have to wait until later in the year to get the tickets.

cecilio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOBODY!!

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i will miss it but i cant wait for the new stadium. this team deserves a new stadium. i will be going to a game next year

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping the new stadium prices out the thugs that are currently overtaking Candlestick on game days. I live in LA now and every year for my bday, my buddies and I would go to see our beloved Niners and three years in a row, I saw fights in the stadium as well as fights in the parking lot. It is no longer a safe place to be and I bleed red and gold. I really hope that Jed beefs up security and makes the new stadium a classy place to be, not a thug haven. Candlestick in not what it used to be.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't miss it at all. Worst entry and access I've ever seen in any stadium in any sport. Lots of good times there but the stadium is an embarrassment now

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was gonna miss it, until I went on a tour in the new stadium.

Yeah, bye 'Stick.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I won't miss it at all. Worst entry and access I've ever seen in any stadium in any sport. Lots of good times there but the stadium is an embarrassment now

Stopping all tailgating 15 mins prior to kickoff exacerbated the situation by created a bottleneck at the stadium gates. Also, getting out of the stadium was such a pain that instead we'd have a postgame tailgate and wait until the cars started moving out of the parking lot.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stopping all tailgating 15 mins prior to kickoff exacerbated the situation by created a bottleneck at the stadium gates. Also, getting out of the stadium was such a pain that instead we'd have a postgame tailgate and wait until the cars started moving out of the parking lot.

We did the same. Fighting the traffic was just too stressful. We'd get some food, fire up a couple of doobs and wait it out listening to KFRC.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will miss the stick but I'm excited to see the new stadium.

However, if you guys think the traffic getting to Levi Stadium will be improved, all of you are gravely mistaken. Just going around with the 237 and with Great America being there will be a problem. Have any of you driven by Levi's? You can already tell there's going to be some mad traffic issues if you plan on driving there. Smart bet, as is with AT&T park, is public transportation.

Roadshow: Some readers fear traffic woes at new 49ers stadium - San Jose Mercury News

I agree that the thugs will be priced out of watching games at the new stadium - there's gang influences around the Stick - but Santa Clara is not free from those problems as well. You just won't see them inside the stadium.

Nonetheless, looking forward to Levi's.

UgOtBuCkEd21GoRe

49ersMichiganDubsA's
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait for the new stadium, but at the same time how can you not shed a tear? So much history and so many great moments. As much as I complain about the parking and the traffic (especially going home), the old ruins of a stadium, it's still a blast going to the game and look forward to every Sunday. Having had season tickets for the last 6 years, def sad to see it go.