• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who's better - Current Kobe or Wizard's Jordan?

Bartman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe hates the Lakers :laugh3: This Clippers fan, err Lebron fanboy, is hilarious!

He must when you consider how he stuck it to them with that burdensome contract.:lol:

LeBronMonsterDunk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laker "fans" sure are ornery and upset these days.

I wonder why?

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe wants to own a team, but I dont get him getting the lump sum and then still signing a max?

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe wants to own a team, but I dont get him getting the lump sum and then still signing a max?

The lump sum was the majority of this year's salary, independent of the extension he recently signed. He's been getting this lump sum for a few years now. I'm sure other player's contracts are set up that way too.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The lump sum was the majority of this year's salary, independent of the extension he recently signed. He's been getting this lump sum for a few years now. I'm sure other player's contracts are set up that way too.

Yea he got alot of cash though im guessing he just wants to own a team. I think he just threw away his chance to get a ring though.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea he got alot of cash though im guessing he just wants to own a team. I think he just threw away his chance to get a ring though.

The Lakers didn't have a chance to win a ring this season, and I don't think they stood a chance to win a ring next season even if Kobe had resigned for less. Kobe's chances to win a ring dissipated when Dwight left for Houston, and the likely big 2014 FA isn't switching coasts. As it stands now, even with Kobe's salary, the Lakers will still have decent cap room going into the summer. They aren't completely screwed as many of you hope.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he just threw away his chance to get a ring though.

I think this is irrelevant though because the Lakers will still have more then 35+ $million in salary cap space next season, that's more then any other team in the NBA. Besides the only 2 players that are Superstar Caliber is Lebron & Melo wich we all know ain't coming here anyways. The good thing right now is that they will still have a lot of cap space like I mentioned & they will have a 1st round pick in 2014.

So I don't see how it hurt his chances to get another ring even if he would of let's say taken 5 $million less. Lebron & Melo still are not coming here. Looking at the FA list, name another superstar available for next season ? 2014 NBA Free Agents | HOOPSWORLD | Basketball News & NBA Rumors

Last edited by a moderator:

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is irrelevant though because the Lakers will still have more then 35+ $million in salary cap space next season, that's more then any other team in the NBA. Besides the only 2 players that are Superstar Caliber is Lebron & Melo wich we all know ain't coming here anyways. The good thing right now is that they will still have a lot of cap space like I mentioned & they will have a 1st round pick in 2014.

So I don't see how it hurt his chances to get another ring even if he would of let's say taken 5 $million less. Lebron & Melo still are not coming here. Looking at the FA list, name another superstar available for next season ? 2014 NBA Free Agents | HOOPSWORLD | Basketball News & NBA Rumors

Possibly Chandler Parsons I think? If the Rockets let him go restricted this year instead of 2014-2015 letting him go unrestricted I dont know if this is 100% accurate but I think his contract is something like that. He would be great in your system not a superstar but he would fit perfectly with Kobe.

Bartman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Instead of building for the future immediately, the Lakers decided to postpone the rebuilding process to let Kobe have 2 3/4 years to say goodbye to the league. Lakers are so smart...:lol:

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Instead of building for the future immediately, the Lakers decided to postpone the rebuilding process to let Kobe have 2 3/4 years to say goodbye to the league. Lakers are so smart...:lol:

So, they can't do both?

Bartman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, they can't do both?

You saw that Howard didn't want to stay because Kobe had to still be "The Man". How are the Lakers suppose to find their next star if Kobe doesn't want to give up the spotlight.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point is, people should stop trying to compare Kobe Bryant to Michael Jordan. They were clearly on two different levels. Bryant should focus on trying to leave a more lasting legacy than Dwayne Wade at this point. Word.

Wade won't even been mentioned for the HOF while Kobe is a lock. I don't think he's worried about what some scrub on a website thinks about him.

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohhh and the Clippers boy knows about being a tightwad since Sterling has deprived his meek fan base over the years by being the CHEAP owner - Lakers take care of those that helped bring in the hardware.

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're not going to sit by and become the Clippers that's for sure....we'll spend the dough and make trades to get us to the next level....we'll let the haters deal with the $$ matters cause we ain't concerned one bit

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryant should focus on trying to leave a more lasting legacy than Dwayne Wade at this point. Word.

laughing.gif

Crotchrocker

Dominant Species
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crotchrocker
The point is, people should stop trying to compare Kobe Bryant to Michael Jordan. They were clearly on two different levels. Bryant should focus on trying to leave a more lasting legacy than Dwayne Wade at this point. Word.

Wade won't even been mentioned for the HOF while Kobe is a lock. I don't think he's worried about what some scrub on a website thinks about him.

Bing. What are you still doing here? I thought I told you to go f__k your mudder?!?

Word.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crotchrocker

Bing. What are you still doing here? I thought I told you to go f__k your mudder?!?

Nerd.[/QUOTE

Yeah well, I don't listen to dorks. Now run along and continue making your album.

_Xer0_

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade will definitely be in the Hall of Fame.