• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Start or Sit: Week 7

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well now that Godwin is pretty much gone and who knows about Evans, yeah, I'll prolly think about starting Mahomie over Baker most weeks.........but losing Rice and Hunts new found youth would still have me thinking twice. That said, who's the guy to get in TB now?
Rachaad White might be in the mix for more targets out of the backfield. I’m guessing Otton and Sterling Shepherd become fantasy relevant too.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rachaad White might be in the mix for more targets out of the backfield. I’m guessing Otton and Sterling Shepherd become fantasy relevant too.
Was thinking it might be Shepherd but dude only had 1 target even after Evans went down............Otton was the guy it looked like. McMillen had 8 but didn't do much with them. Might take a shot at him.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was thinking it might be Shepherd but dude only had 1 target even after Evans went down............Otton was the guy it looked like. McMillen had 8 but didn't do much with them. Might take a shot at him.
They’ll reconfigure the offense this week. Starting anyone in that offense is risky.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For whatever its worth, they like McMillian a ton and I think he'll be on the field in 2WR sets but agree that you don't want to rely on these guys starting until we see the dust settle

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, alright guys.

Again, good luck with all this.

I love playing people who get cute with sitting league MVP level players. I've been that guy before. It doesn't work long term.

Pat Mahomes has finished as a top 12 QB exactly 1 time since week 8 of last season.

That is an entire year of him being a low end QB2.

Why is this happening?

Because the Chiefs identity has shifted and Mahomes has matured as a football player. Chiefs have an elite defense and most of their receiving weapons are on the sideline.

So they run the ball, grind the clock win close games in the end.

Sorry, but your take is flat wrong here.

He is still the best player in the NFL. But he cares a lot more about winning actual football games than he does about your fantasy team.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right.

But again, how many people who had Baker and Mahomes were starting Baker over Mahomes all year? Nobody.

Maybe the last two weeks. That's it.

And if you did, then great.

But moving forward I don't think you can count on them both having the types of games they had this week.

No…

But the smart drafters saw the trends last year and didn’t spend a 3rd round pick on Mahomes.

So they don’t have that problem.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right.

But again, how many people who had Baker and Mahomes were starting Baker over Mahomes all year? Nobody.

Maybe the last two weeks. That's it.

And if you did, then great.

But moving forward I don't think you can count on them both having the types of games they had this week.

Will be interesting to see.

Only reason I am not all in on Baker moving forward is because his situation just changed drastically.

No more Godwin, could be without Evans also.

But, the simple fact that the Bucs need to score a lot of points to be competitive might still shift the needle to Baker’s side.

1 has volume and the other doesn’t.

Volume tends to win out in fantasy.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about Trey Palmer? Maybe McMillan is the guy but I assume this is a boost to Irving and White, probably Otton is the guy.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about Trey Palmer? Maybe McMillan is the guy but I assume this is a boost to Irving and White, probably Otton is the guy.

Palmer plays outside McMillian plays slot, so would make sense for McM to fill in the Godwin role where Palmer will take a back seat once Evans is healthy

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Palmer plays outside McMillian plays slot, so would make sense for McM to fill in the Godwin role where Palmer will take a back seat once Evans is healthy
Looks like you got at least 4 weeks of Palmer now. Tough to make a decision now bc we haven't seen much from any of them.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pat Mahomes has finished as a top 12 QB exactly 1 time since week 8 of last season.

That is an entire year of him being a low end QB2.

Why is this happening?

Because the Chiefs identity has shifted and Mahomes has matured as a football player. Chiefs have an elite defense and most of their receiving weapons are on the sideline.

So they run the ball, grind the clock win close games in the end.

Sorry, but your take is flat wrong here.

He is still the best player in the NFL. But he cares a lot more about winning actual football games than he does about your fantasy team.
Did you mean to respond to a different post? I basically said "start your studs" in the one you quoted. If you think THAT take is dead wrong then again, good luck.

I assume the take you're referring to is the "Start Mahomes every week" take. And yeah, we all know that Mahomes stat. It's been getting parroted over and over for awhile now. It sort of ignores his stats in the post season last year, which were solid, but technically yeah those stats are right. I just would not bet on those trends to continue.

This is more about starting a known, top talent and betting on the consistency. What's more likely? Baker keeps staying in the game during blow outs and throwing for 200 yards and 2 TDs in the fourth? Or Mahomes has positive regression to the Mahomes mean?

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No…

But the smart drafters saw the trends last year and didn’t spend a 3rd round pick on Mahomes.

So they don’t have that problem.
Okay, what?

What trend at the end of last year? His last four games in the playoffs? You know he played outside of the fantasy football season right?

I'm sure a lot of people watched Mahomes in the Super Bowl and were like "Yeah, I'm avoiding him in fantasy next year!".

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, what?

What trend at the end of last year? His last four games in the playoffs? You know he played outside of the fantasy football season right?

I'm sure a lot of people watched Mahomes in the Super Bowl and were like "Yeah, I'm avoiding him in fantasy next year!".

I’m not avoiding him.

But I’m surely not picking him anywhere near his ADP.

Would I have picked him before Baker?

Of course.

But where I would have picked Mahomes he would never end up on my team.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you mean to respond to a different post? I basically said "start your studs" in the one you quoted. If you think THAT take is dead wrong then again, good luck.

I assume the take you're referring to is the "Start Mahomes every week" take. And yeah, we all know that Mahomes stat. It's been getting parroted over and over for awhile now. It sort of ignores his stats in the post season last year, which were solid, but technically yeah those stats are right. I just would not bet on those trends to continue.

This is more about starting a known, top talent and betting on the consistency. What's more likely? Baker keeps staying in the game during blow outs and throwing for 200 yards and 2 TDs in the fourth? Or Mahomes has positive regression to the Mahomes mean?

At this point?

Mahomes having positive regression to be any better than a low end QB1 is very unlikely.

Their team is set up to play slow and keep the score close.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have kyler murray. Hes been terrible.

I also have caleb williams. Qb wire is bare.

Anyone worth picking up in his place? Honestly debating russ or tua. Jameis too he slings it

Russ wilson
Bo nix
Jameis
Tua
Tlawrence
Djones
Dmaye

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Anyone worth picking up in his place? Honestly debating russ or tua. Jameis too he slings it

Russ wilson
Bo nix
Jameis
Tua
Tlawrence
Djones
Dmaye
Biggest upside is definitely Tua imo. I would need to see more from Russ honestly

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Russ wilson
Bo nix
Jameis
Tua
Tlawrence
Djones
Dmaye

With the lack of scoring from cards offense, any of them look good behind Caleb

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Russ wilson
Bo nix
Jameis
Tua
Tlawrence
Djones
Dmaye

Tua can put up some decent numbers if he's healthy. Maye will be playing from behind a lot and based on his two games so far is putting up decent numbers.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tua can put up some decent numbers if he's healthy. Maye will be playing from behind a lot and based on his two games so far is putting up decent numbers.

i like maye a lot... but i dont think i like him this week..

the jets dont equate for much offense for a team like the patriots...