• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Start or Sit: Week 7

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Cave_Johnson

Yell Tell Me GIF by John Crist Comedy
Use your words

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,680.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow!
Insult to injury to boot.

I was playing against henry who decided to single-handedly make me lose this week.

but wait!
Then the Bucs got a rare onside Kick. A lot of garbage time points from Baker, brought me from less than a 10% chance to win to pull out a victory!
The insult to injury was the guy I traded to get Baker is who I was playing who started Murray tonight. So I did have to wait til the Charger/Card game to end to know I barely pulled off the victory!

I had no business winning this week.

But thankfully most of us realized to bench Mahomes & Start Baker :heh:

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who you gonna start for fantasy football, Mahomes or Baker?
I would continue to advocate starting Patrick Mahomes every single week over Baker Mayfield.

Just like, as I stated earlier, I would advocate starting Tyreek Hill every single week over Darnell Mooney.

And again, week to week that's not always right. It was dead wrong this week (although I did make a couple hundred bucks between a parlay and DFS on Baker tonight).

I also wouldn't bank on Baker putting up 200 yards and 2TDs in the fourth quarter of garbage time most weeks. I was shocked he was still in the game honestly.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would continue to advocate starting Patrick Mahomes every single week over Baker Mayfield

You would be wrong 6/7 weeks, don't let take-lock lose you weeks, it's no longer a fluke when Mahomes has put together a full season worth of mediocre fantasy production and continues to do so

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would continue to advocate starting Patrick Mahomes every single week over Baker Mayfield.

Just like, as I stated earlier, I would advocate starting Tyreek Hill every single week over Darnell Mooney.

And again, week to week that's not always right. It was dead wrong this week (although I did make a couple hundred bucks between a parlay and DFS on Baker tonight).

I also wouldn't bank on Baker putting up 200 yards and 2TDs in the fourth quarter of garbage time most weeks. I was shocked he was still in the game honestly.
So you are saying without looking at the matchups or what the player has done this year, which includes their support or injuries, you will continue to start the player performing at a lower level.

Can I play you every week please

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,680.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In my league Week 3 was the last time Mahomes out pointed Baker. (he only did it twice barely)

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would be wrong 6/7 weeks, don't let take-lock lose you weeks, it's no longer a fluke when Mahomes has put together a full season worth of mediocre fantasy production and continues to do so
In my league Week 3 was the last time Mahomes out pointed Baker. (he only did it twice barely)
lol

Yeah "I'd" be wrong for 6/7 weeks.

Reason this through fellas.

How many of those weeks would any reasonable person have started Baker over Mahomes?

Week 1, were you starting Baker over Mahomes? No. Nobody was.
Week 2? Still no.
When?

There was no Baker vs. Mahomes debate until probably last week.

So for those two weeks, yeah Baker was the better start. If you have both guys maybe you got it right for two weeks.

For the record, I'd start Baker over everybody not named Lamar, Allen, Hurts, or Mahomes moving forward.

And hey, if you started Baker this week good on ya. It worked. I'm just not betting him every week moving forward over Mahomes.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are saying without looking at the matchups or what the player has done this year, which includes their support or injuries, you will continue to start the player performing at a lower level.

Can I play you every week please
No. I'm saying there are certain guys I would not take out of my lineup if Chuck Norris was on my bench.

Mahomes is one of them.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Yeah "I'd" be wrong for 6/7 weeks.

Reason this through fellas.

How many of those weeks would any reasonable person have started Baker over Mahomes?

Week 1, were you starting Baker over Mahomes? No. Nobody was.
Week 2? Still no.
When?

There was no Baker vs. Mahomes debate until probably last week.

So for those two weeks, yeah Baker was the better start. If you have both guys maybe you got it right for two weeks.

For the record, I'd start Baker over everybody not named Lamar, Allen, Hurts, or Mahomes moving forward.

And hey, if you started Baker this week good on ya. It worked. I'm just not betting him every week moving forward over Mahomes.
It doesn’t matter. The original question was THIS WEEK. You refused to look at the track record and matchups which favored Baker. You said you would start Mahomes every week bc he won a MVP and he is the best QB in the NFL (not fantasy). You are going in circles here trying to defend your bad decision when Baker was the obvious choice for clear reasons we don’t need to list.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I'm saying there are certain guys I would not take out of my lineup if Chuck Norris was on my bench.

Mahomes is one of them.
And it will cost you the win some weeks. That is just stubborn.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn’t matter. The original question was THIS WEEK. You refused to look at the track record and matchups which favored Baker. You said you would start Mahomes every week bc he won a MVP and he is the best QB in the NFL (not fantasy). You are going in circles here trying to defend your bad decision when Baker was the obvious choice for clear reasons we don’t need to list.
Take it up with the guys discussing who brought up performance in past weeks. That wasn't me.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,680.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take it up with the guys discussing who brought up performance in past weeks. That wasn't me.
well if you break it down by week.
Mahomes barely wins two of those weeks. Point differential probably doesnt change if you win or lose those weeks.
all the other weeks Baker wins & most by a large margin. Completely could change whether you win that week or not.
Just like this week did.
two women are sitting next to each other and one is pointing at the camera

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well if you break it down by week.
Mahomes barely wins two of those weeks. Point differential probably doesnt change if you win or lose those weeks.
all the other weeks Baker wins & most by a large margin. Completely could change whether you win that week or not.
Just like this week did.
two women are sitting next to each other and one is pointing at the camera
You're right.

But again, how many people who had Baker and Mahomes were starting Baker over Mahomes all year? Nobody.

Maybe the last two weeks. That's it.

And if you did, then great.

But moving forward I don't think you can count on them both having the types of games they had this week.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well now that Godwin is pretty much gone and who knows about Evans, yeah, I'll prolly think about starting Mahomie over Baker most weeks.........but losing Rice and Hunts new found youth would still have me thinking twice. That said, who's the guy to get in TB now?