• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who would you want as your head coach?

Which alternative coach would you want for your team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

xpuctaqpGT

Modern Major General
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually want to stick with GT's current head coach Paul Johnson. Winning football games as a GT coach is not easy and by our standards he has done very very well.

Obviously Dabo has done better at Clemson, but that's no guarantee he could pull it off at GT.

If Paul Johnson has another season where we beat UGA and we win our bowl game we're probably going to start naming buildings after him....

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not reading thru this if Oklahoma were hiring a coach today I would go after.....
1. Paul Chryst
2. Justin Furente

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
th
Nope. I'm actually warming up to Dabo the more I learn about him. Found out one of my friends from high school is Dabo's brother in law (his wife is Dabo's wife's sister) and I learn a lot of what he had to over come in life.

Plus he offered Kevin Turner's son a scholarship based on character and the fact he wanted to keep an eye on him after his dad died. Nolan Turner is great kid and it that was an incredible thing to do even if he was roommates at Alabama with his dad.

So Dabo is on my good side for now and if he beats Alabama all will be forgiven.

Franklin and Peterson are still better.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we're going to play that game I'd take Barry Switzer, 30 years ago and it isn't even a contest. Switzer was the reason NU never won a National Championship under Osborne until Switzer was let go...
So are we going to allow the blatant breaking of rules like they did 30 years ago?

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not reading thru this if Oklahoma were hiring a coach today I would go after.....
1. Paul Chryst
2. Justin Furente

I like Paul Chryst, and although he will probably never leave Wisconsin, I am curious as to how well he would do at a school that does not have the strict academic requirements that Wisconsin has.

Chryst is a QB guru/whisperer, and he would probably do very well at a Blue Blood program.

Superdeluxe

Montlake
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but Dabo shouldn't even be on this list.
He's not going anywhere.

Ehh its an exercise in who you think the best coaches are, not those who would realistically would come to your school.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Came down to Dabo or Franklin. I went with Franklin due to how he did with Vandy and now with a PSU team that took a huge hit with sanctions from Sandusky incident.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark Richt

It genuinely pisses me off that Georgia fired him, because I knew he'd go straight to Miami to take over for Golden shower.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually want to stick with GT's current head coach Paul Johnson. Winning football games as a GT coach is not easy and by our standards he has done very very well.

Obviously Dabo has done better at Clemson, but that's no guarantee he could pull it off at GT.

If Paul Johnson has another season where we beat UGA and we win our bowl game we're probably going to start naming buildings after him....
I just watched the GT Citrus Bowl win over Nebraska, which I had never seen before - as I was at the Clemson-Illinois Hall of Fame Bowl @ Tampa that day.

I always liked Bobby Ross @ Maryland, and then he had that great team @ GT in 1990. Had a couple of future great coaches on his staff too: Friedgen and O'Leary.

GT can win big again with the right HC.

Sting 'em Jackets!